Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 386932 times)

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #435 on: January 20, 2017, 03:42:56 pm »
I'm not surprised, since you have to dig for his approval ratings.

Say, is it possible to recall a POTUS?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline The_Queen

• Royalty & Royalty-free
  • The Beast
  • And here we go...
« Reply #436 on: January 20, 2017, 03:47:49 pm »

It's called impeachment. I know he'll do something impeachable in these next four years, hell his refusal to divest raises the emoluments issue and it's literally day one. Not to mention his complete disdain for rules and norms. But the GOP will never impeach him, even if it does come out that he was working with Putin and peeing on Russian prostitutes.
Does anyone take Donald Trump seriously, anymore?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #437 on: January 20, 2017, 03:54:06 pm »

It's called impeachment. I know he'll do something impeachable in these next four years, hell his refusal to divest raises the emoluments issue and it's literally day one. Not to mention his complete disdain for rules and norms. But the GOP will never impeach him, even if it does come out that he was working with Putin and peeing on Russian prostitutes.

But can the voters call an election and boot him out?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #438 on: January 20, 2017, 03:56:57 pm »

That can get him impeached as the GOP is nothing if not hypocritical about sex.  Especially when he starts to become politically inconvenient.

Ironbite-like....now.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #439 on: January 20, 2017, 04:02:09 pm »

No.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #440 on: January 20, 2017, 04:52:44 pm »
If enough evidence comes out the dems could look into impeachment if and when they take back the senate and house. With the way things are going to go that might happen sooner than later.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #441 on: January 20, 2017, 04:54:21 pm »
GOP will impeach him sooner just to score points with the electorate and not get squished in the mid-terms.

Ironbite-we're in for a rough 3 years though.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #442 on: January 20, 2017, 05:10:53 pm »

No.

Yeah, that whole "democracy" thing?  Basically a facade.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #443 on: January 20, 2017, 05:24:25 pm »

No.

Yeah, that whole "democracy" thing?  Basically a facade.

Recall is, AFAIK, the exception in representative democracies, not the rule.

Also, so many Democratic Senators are up for re-election in 2018 that they literally cannot get to the 67 seats necessary to remove Trump from office, or override a veto. (They can't even get to the 60 they'd need to break a filibuster.)

EDIT: Spelling.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2017, 05:44:45 pm by dpareja »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #444 on: January 20, 2017, 05:42:32 pm »
What are the odds of him ragequitting?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #445 on: January 20, 2017, 05:45:58 pm »
What are the odds of him ragequitting?

Not good, mostly because I think he'd ragebomb something before ragequitting. The US military is the ultimate penis extension, after all.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #446 on: January 20, 2017, 06:17:15 pm »
GOP will impeach him sooner just to score points with the electorate and not get squished in the mid-terms.
Not before the damage is done.

A figure like Trump is politically useful for them at least in the short term, they can do all of the unpopular stuff-like gutting ACA without a replacement and blame him later when public opinion turns. The things that will negatively affect their base, the small business owners farmers and disenchanted rust belters are things the GOP desperately wants. Trump is the perfect fall guy.

Of course Trump is just as likely to blame them when it all turns to shit. What a happy, fun bunch.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #447 on: January 20, 2017, 06:58:11 pm »
Donald Trump's approval rating according to a recent Quinnipiac poll: 37%.

George W. Bush's approval rating after Hurricane Katrina: 43%.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #448 on: January 20, 2017, 08:13:32 pm »

I thought we learned from the election itself that the polls are just flat out wrong.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #449 on: January 20, 2017, 08:29:19 pm »

I thought we learned from the election itself that the polls are just flat out wrong.

The national results, and the swing state results, were within the margin of error, if at the upper end of that for Trump.