Author Topic: Kenyan lawyer suing Italy and Israel for the death of Jesus  (Read 7252 times)

Art Vandelay

Re: Kenyan lawyer suing Italy and Israel for the death of Jesus
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2013, 03:21:10 am »
You know the whole "black people are stupid" stereotype? Well, this isn't exactly helping matters.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2013, 03:26:57 am »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2013, 03:29:39 am »
But if Jesus hadn't been killed, then the whole cornerstone of Christianity could never have happened.

That's right. Christians should be thanking us. :P
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2013, 03:35:06 am »
But if Jesus hadn't been killed, then the whole cornerstone of Christianity could never have happened.

Well that logic didn't stop christians from hating the jews in the middle ages. Or after that as proven by exhibit A.

Actually this has always been the main reason for anti-semitism in christianity.

The other reason being conspiracy theories. Centuries ago it was stories about jews kidnapping christian kids and sacrificing them in their dark rituals to their demon god. (Yes, I know that it's the same god as the one christians worship but let it be never said that logic is a part of conspiracy theories.) Nowadays it's more often a story about jews controlling the world or being secretly muslims/atheists.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2013, 04:18:55 am »

I've actually heard people claim that the Crucifixion was God's "Plan B" and that Jesus was actually supposed to live forever, eventually taking over the world. Hence, anti-semitism.
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2013, 06:27:27 am »
You know the whole "black people are stupid" stereotype? Well, this isn't exactly helping matters.

Richard Overton sued Budweiser because drinking their brewski's didn't get him entangled with hot babes like the ones in their ads and he wasn't black!

Dumbness, and dumb lawsuits know no colour!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2013, 12:01:00 pm »
Now, you see, this is a lawyer from Kenya. Much, much different from a lawyer from Hawaii. Republicans, that is the difference.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #8 on: July 31, 2013, 01:05:55 pm »
a) The International Court of Justice settles legal disputes between states, not between states and individuals.

b) The modern States of Israel and Italy did not exist 2,000 years ago.

c) A document written by the friends and followers of the alleged victim can hardly count as unbiased evidence of the unlawfulness of the conviction. There are no reliable records of that execution taking place, anyway.

d) If one ignores all the obvious problems with the case, it actually gets tried, and the Bible is accepted as evidence, then one must also consider that the Bible claims Jesus is still alive in Heaven and could appear on Earth if he so desired. Could the court call Jesus to testify? After all, he's the victim, and of all the parties involved in the incident, he is allegedly the only one still alive. Surely his testimony would be invaluable.

I've actually heard people claim that the Crucifixion was God's "Plan B" and that Jesus was actually supposed to live forever, eventually taking over the world. Hence, anti-semitism.

That's even worse than the standard version. As I never tire of reminding fundies, God is supposed to be omnipotent. What kind of self-respecting omnipotent being has his plan thwarted by a bunch of silly humans?

Besides, it's quite clear in the Bible that Jesus knew Judas would betray him. If he actually didn't want to get crucified, he probably would've taken some preventative measures, like not hanging out with him anymore.

Σא

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #9 on: July 31, 2013, 02:32:40 pm »
b) The modern States of Israel and Italy did not exist 2,000 years ago.

Well, Israel does claim to be the successor state to the Kingdom of Judea. That's their entire claim to the land. But there really is no successor state to the Roman Empire.

Also, what would be particularly hilarious is if they took the case, and found Jesus guilty.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2013, 02:42:54 pm by Meshakhad »
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #10 on: July 31, 2013, 02:54:26 pm »
Ignoring the obvious stupidity of this, I'm certain that 2000 years would go well beyond all Statutes of Limitations.

What a dork.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #11 on: July 31, 2013, 02:57:57 pm »
Ignoring the obvious stupidity of this, I'm certain that 2000 years would go well beyond all Statutes of Limitations.

What a dork.
There are no statute of limitations for murder.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #12 on: July 31, 2013, 03:14:47 pm »

What a dork.
There are no statute of limitations for murder.

In most places.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Old Viking

• The Beast
  • Occasionally peevish
« Reply #13 on: July 31, 2013, 03:16:00 pm »
The whole unfortunate incident was due to a misunderstanding.  One of the apostles said, "Hey, Jeez, wanna hang around for a while?"   Jeez said "Sure."  The whole thing just avalanched from there.
I am an old man, and I've seen many problems, most of which never happened.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #14 on: July 31, 2013, 03:23:36 pm »
This is almost as stupid as the crusades.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet