Author Topic: Kenyan lawyer suing Italy and Israel for the death of Jesus  (Read 7286 times)

Offline Star Cluster

• Pope
  • I need my space.
Re: Kenyan lawyer suing Italy and Israel for the death of Jesus
« Reply #15 on: July 31, 2013, 03:48:18 pm »
a) The International Court of Justice settles legal disputes between states, not between states and individuals.

b) The modern States of Israel and Italy did not exist 2,000 years ago.

c) A document written by the friends and followers of the alleged victim can hardly count as unbiased evidence of the unlawfulness of the conviction. There are no reliable records of that execution taking place, anyway.

d) If one ignores all the obvious problems with the case, it actually gets tried, and the Bible is accepted as evidence, then one must also consider that the Bible claims Jesus is still alive in Heaven and could appear on Earth if he so desired. Could the court call Jesus to testify? After all, he's the victim, and of all the parties involved in the incident, he is allegedly the only one still alive. Surely his testimony would be invaluable.

But if Jesus hadn't been killed, then the whole cornerstone of Christianity could never have happened.

That's right. Christians should be thanking us. :P

I've actually heard people claim that the Crucifixion was God's "Plan B" and that Jesus was actually supposed to live forever, eventually taking over the world. Hence, anti-semitism.

That's even worse than the standard version. As I never tire of reminding fundies, God is supposed to be omnipotent. What kind of self-respecting omnipotent being has his plan thwarted by a bunch of silly humans?

Besides, it's quite clear in the Bible that Jesus knew Judas would betray him. If he actually didn't want to get crucified, he probably would've taken some preventative measures, like not hanging out with him anymore.

Excellent summation, Sigma.  Very close to what I was thinking while reading the thread.  It wouldn't even an average lawyer to beat this lawsuit if it did go to trial, which is highly unlikely.  Can't discredit the Bible?   I think he's in for a disappointment.
The heavens convince me there is no god.

Religion is an insult to human dignity. Without it you would have good people doing good things and evil people doing evil things. But for good people to do evil things, that takes religion.--Steven Weinberg

Religion can never reform mankind because religion is slavery--Robert G. Ingersoll

I don't know why people compare George Carlin to God. He's great and all, but he's no George Carlin.-Anon.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #16 on: July 31, 2013, 04:16:11 pm »
While there is no statue for murder....is there a statue for a murder that didn't take?

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #17 on: July 31, 2013, 04:50:19 pm »
Ignoring the obvious stupidity of this, I'm certain that 2000 years would go well beyond all Statutes of Limitations.

What a dork.
There are no statute of limitations for murder.

True. I was, in failed comical fashion, just stating that 2000 years is a rather long time to wait.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #18 on: July 31, 2013, 05:42:42 pm »
This entire thing sounds like a comedy routine. Especially if the stuff Sigma mentioned actually occurs (which I highly doubt, but still). Just imagine -- the courtroom is packed, everyone is on the edge of their seats as Jesus is called to testify, then BAM. That bitch is a no-show.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline Iconic Komodo Dragon 2

• Bishop
  • Try not to bleed to much.
« Reply #19 on: July 31, 2013, 07:36:49 pm »
But if Jesus hadn't been killed, then the whole cornerstone of Christianity could never have happened.

Well that logic didn't stop christians from hating the jews in the middle ages. Or after that as proven by exhibit A.

Actually this has always been the main reason for anti-semitism in christianity.

The other reason being conspiracy theories. Centuries ago it was stories about jews kidnapping christian kids and sacrificing them in their dark rituals to their demon god. (Yes, I know that it's the same god as the one christians worship but let it be never said that logic is a part of conspiracy theories.) Nowadays it's more often a story about jews controlling the world or being secretly muslims/atheists.
Don't forget faking the Holocaust somehow, that's the most important part!
I support the SCP Foundation.

I'm 91 kilograms, 2.59 meters long; Have 57 strains of bacteria in my mouth, and can eat 80% of my weight in food in a single sitting.
LAAAAYYYYDDDDIIEEES...( ͡° ͜ʖ͡°)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #20 on: August 01, 2013, 07:46:39 pm »
This is almost as stupid as the crusades.
And it's just as stupid as the Spanish Inquisition.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #21 on: August 01, 2013, 07:49:25 pm »

Well that logic didn't stop christians from hating the jews in the middle ages. Or after that as proven by exhibit A.

Actually this has always been the main reason for anti-semitism in christianity.

The other reason being conspiracy theories. Centuries ago it was stories about jews kidnapping christian kids and sacrificing them in their dark rituals to their demon god. (Yes, I know that it's the same god as the one christians worship but let it be never said that logic is a part of conspiracy theories.) Nowadays it's more often a story about jews controlling the world or being secretly muslims/atheists.

The blood libel myth was always the funniest and most ridiculous anti-Semitic accusation to me. Besides the fact that the Torah specifically prohibits murder and drinking blood, a lot of the detective work done back then was very shoddy, to say the least. For instance, the authorities almost instantly suspected the Jews even when there were far more suspicious people involved.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2013, 02:06:07 am »

The blood libel myth was always the funniest and most ridiculous anti-Semitic accusation to me. Besides the fact that the Torah specifically prohibits murder and drinking blood, a lot of the detective work done back then was very shoddy, to say the least. For instance, the authorities almost instantly suspected the Jews even when there were far more suspicious people involved.

Detective work even 100 years ago was fucking awful. If you ever get the chance read the 'Mayne Inheritance' - it is really about embryonic Brisbane and the University of Qld but in reading it one thing struck me as fucking amazing:

"A miner came to Brisbane town and was spending up big drinking in the pub and showing off his fortune in Iron Bonds. He is later found dismemebered, butchered if you will, most gruesomely, and most expertly. (He is found in Queen St -which back then was a offshoot of town dirt road - which is now the very centre of town). The police are baffled  at this most heinous murder. However do not think to follow up the murder with inquiries about what happened to his Iron Bonds. Nor is it thought suspicious that Patrick Mayne- a butcher operating on Queen Street- has now a fortune in Iron Bonds which he uses to purchase St Lucia."

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2013, 02:07:40 am »
This entire thing sounds like a comedy routine. Especially if the stuff Sigma mentioned actually occurs (which I highly doubt, but still). Just imagine -- the courtroom is packed, everyone is on the edge of their seats as Jesus is called to testify, then BAM. That bitch is a no-show.

Even better, 5000 nutjobs claiming to be the second coming show up.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2013, 10:22:42 am »

Oooh, I didn't think of that. That certainly would be something to behold.
Σא

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #25 on: August 02, 2013, 11:45:16 am »

Oooh, I didn't think of that. That certainly would be something to behold.
What I'd want even more is for one of them to be ruled real just to see what would happen.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.