Author Topic: Vox Day expelled from SFWA  (Read 3687 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Vox Day expelled from SFWA
« Reply #15 on: August 18, 2013, 06:45:29 pm »
I wish some sort of study could be done on this guy to find out exactly why someone would grow up with such twisted backwards views.

Also Atheism Exposed appears to be a fan of him as well since he has a link to Vox's blog on his own.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #16 on: August 19, 2013, 12:08:35 am »
No surprise there.

What makes people like Vox Day so terrifying is that unlike the typical youtube commenter, they are clearly well educated and at least know how to form an argument (they put some thought into what they are saying).

Does he argue about things other than religious values & female competence? Because I've easily seen YouTube bigots more impressive than he is. His arguments seem to go like this:

Step 1: Find someone minding their own goddamn business.
Step 2: Berate them for no reason, misrepresenting them, nitpicking their arguments, & making some ridiculous, hyperbolic claim that is bound to be proven wrong just because it's so damn absurd. Anecdotes are the only form of evidence that you should rely on.
Step 3: Don't forget the cognitive dissonance. Be sure to play both sides of the field. Even as you call for deaths or say you don't care, make sure everyone knows that you're just doing this for the good of everyone else, & especially the people you want to see die &/or don't care about.
Step 5: Wait for someone to call you on your bullshit, employ the same method, along with a back-pedal that is blatantly obvious to everyone but your own supporters.
Step 6: Go fishing for more comments if your inbox is low.

Most YouTubers can at least utilize basic pseudoscience.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #17 on: August 25, 2013, 08:51:51 pm »
Serves him right!

He's a fundie, a misogynist, a pseudo-intellectual, a terrible writer, and his username is nonsense.
« Last Edit: December 16, 2018, 05:38:15 pm by solar. »