Author Topic: Worst Political Cartoons  (Read 1629349 times)

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
Re: Worst Political Cartoons
« Reply #6495 on: June 30, 2017, 04:16:33 pm »
American Individualism and excellence...hah, what a laugh it is that Republicans think they're standing up for such things.

I recall they were the ones who said numerous incredibly ignorant and insulting things about college, it was they who encourage people to not be individuals and to simply be one part of a Christian Congregation, and it was they who have slashed the education budget, ensuring our children cannot compete with Britain, France, and China's future children.

Republicans have long courted the lout, the inbred, the stupid, the poorly educated, those predisposed to being just cogs and unthinking pieces in the plans of others.

As a thinking man I have no place in such a dystopia made such that the most insipid, stupid Southerner can feel equal to what he deems the West Coast Elite to be.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6496 on: August 03, 2017, 02:20:51 am »
Okay this isn't exactly a political cartoon per se, but I really need to share with everyone the new comic from Jack T Chick, who isn't going to let a little thing like his death stop him from making his hate tracts.  And you need to see it not for it's content (bog standard Abortion bad find Jesus) but for it's art.  Because well... Look at it:

Seriously what is wrong with the faces in this thing?  Why doesn't the black girl's mouth never close til the end?  Why does the white girl have demon eyes?  What is that flesh eating monster with the baseball?  Why is the girl at the end grinning madly about her evil plan succeeding? 

Anyway to wrap up

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #6497 on: August 03, 2017, 06:58:08 pm »
How do they not see how crazy all of that sounds?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6498 on: August 07, 2017, 08:29:06 am »
Here is a very bad cartoon:

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6499 on: August 07, 2017, 09:31:00 am »
...I was coming here to post that Garrison comic.

It really does highlight all the ways that he sucks.

a) Star Trek was created to be an inclusive show with a very liberal bias.

b) Labels, labels too many labels. If the comic is supposed to be a metaphor then make one where the implications are clear enough without labeling everything in the comic.

c) Too much everything. We get that he is complaining about the pro-LGBT messages that he sees in media, but he is trying too much by simply filling the comic with every single buzzword he can think of and then seems to go into conspiracy mode with some kind of brainwash-signals from the CNN-bot.

d) The body proportions seem off on Captain Kirk, either he has stubby arms or Garrison can't do perspective well.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

« Reply #6500 on: August 07, 2017, 09:40:20 am »
e) The comic does not include Kirk 'splaining anything. It's a complete non-sequitor.

f) Did the actor who played Sulu come out as trans? If not, then why these characters in particular?

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6501 on: August 07, 2017, 10:13:41 am »
Because Shatner recently complained about SJWs or something while George Takei has been an advocate of LGBT rights and all around great person all the time (also, he is gay so Garrison is probably attacking him for that.)

Seriously, Takei has been doing stuff like challenging homophobes and this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRkIWB3HIEs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dRkIWB3HIEs</a>
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #6502 on: August 07, 2017, 04:06:30 pm »
e) The comic does not include Kirk 'splaining anything. It's a complete non-sequitor.

f) Did the actor who played Sulu come out as trans? If not, then why these characters in particular?

In response to E, the word used in the comic is "manspreader", not "mansplainer". Though the concept of manspreading in a chair built for one is inherently quite silly.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #6503 on: August 07, 2017, 05:38:30 pm »
Because "gay" and "trans" are totes the same thing! /s
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

pyro

« Reply #6504 on: August 07, 2017, 06:44:27 pm »
Whoops, sorry about the reading comprehension fail.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #6505 on: August 07, 2017, 06:55:59 pm »
I was going to post this Garrison Cartoon (although I was going to put it in the best - because Garrison cracks me up) Apart from the antisemitism, what is amazing about this cartoon is the cognitive dissonance that he still loves Trump but thinks that Trump has appointed a puppet of the illuminati as his national security advisor.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #6506 on: August 09, 2017, 12:40:55 am »

...I seriously hope that Garrison is just milking the Trump-fans for money by pretending to support him because these are getting way too crazy.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #6507 on: August 12, 2017, 02:20:58 am »
The only way I can make sense of that is if Ben is from an alternate universe.

I've never cheered for the zombies this much before.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #6508 on: August 19, 2017, 08:27:07 pm »

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #6509 on: August 19, 2017, 11:10:57 pm »
Urgh.

Most of those monuments were put up during Jim Crow to remind black people who was in charge.

And Robert E. Lee didn't want any statuary of himself!
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.