Author Topic: I'm out, guys.  (Read 7449 times)

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
Re: I'm out, guys.
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2012, 09:32:49 pm »
In addition, I still want to know if Keiro deleted the entire Operation Miles subforum.

He did.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #16 on: August 02, 2012, 09:35:10 pm »
Theeeen fuck him.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #17 on: August 02, 2012, 09:45:39 pm »
In addition, I still want to know if Keiro deleted the entire Operation Miles subforum.

He did.

Just out of curiousity, how do you know this?

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #18 on: August 02, 2012, 09:48:35 pm »
Keiro talked about doing it in the IRC.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #19 on: August 02, 2012, 09:50:06 pm »
... why wasn't this posted on the forums for those of us who don't frequent the IRC, but donated to the OM fund and therefore have a vested interest in the situation?
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #20 on: August 02, 2012, 09:58:23 pm »
Hades summed it up well. In addition, I still want to know if Keiro deleted the entire Operation Miles subforum. I suspect he did, in which case he needs to be punished appropriately.

The entire forum needs to know. If you're going to be the admin of FSTDT, there needs to be a level of accountability.

EDIT: Okay, I know I have heard that he did it. But he needs to come out and admit he did. If nothing else, save yourself some face Keiro.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2012, 10:00:33 pm by gyeonghwa »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #21 on: August 02, 2012, 09:59:35 pm »
... why wasn't this posted on the forums for those of us who don't frequent the IRC, but donated to the OM fund and therefore have a vested interest in the situation?

I can guess at a few reasons why, but I'll leave it at that.

Suffice it to say, I'm not happy about this situation, either.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Art Vandelay

« Reply #22 on: August 02, 2012, 10:04:59 pm »
Hades pretty much summed up most of my thoughts on the matter, except that I suspect this situation is more an issue of Keiro lacking foresight and being irresponsible than any intentional fuckery on his part. I'm not prepared to label him an asshole just yet, but I don't exactly have a ton of confidence in him either. In any case, I'm also a bit uncomfortable with the fact that his role as an admin hasn't been at least suspended while this is all sorted out.
That's pretty much my thoughts. I don't think Kerio is a genuinely bad guy, just that he tried to do far more than he could actually handle. At the very least he's trying to pay back Eniliad and Miles (if the "Operation Unfuck" thread is to be believed) when he could've quite easily refused to do so, due to a lack of anything legally binding.

That said, I'd certainly have no objections to his admin privileges being suspended until all of the money he owes is payed back.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2012, 01:30:32 am by Art Vandelay »

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #23 on: August 02, 2012, 10:19:43 pm »

I echo this sentiment. Echo.

Offline Keiro Dreamwalker

• An Puisín Faolchú
  • Pope
« Reply #24 on: August 02, 2012, 11:09:44 pm »
Hades summed it up well. In addition, I still want to know if Keiro deleted the entire Operation Miles subforum. I suspect he did, in which case he needs to be punished appropriately.

The entire forum needs to know. If you're going to be the admin of FSTDT, there needs to be a level of accountability.

EDIT: Okay, I know I have heard that he did it. But he needs to come out and admit he did. If nothing else, save yourself some face Keiro.

I've admitted as much in the mod room. I'll repeat that admission. Yes, it was I that deleted the subforum.

Edit: That said – All I'm going to say is I'm trying. Enough, please.
You have made a place in my heart where I thought there was no room for anything else. You have made flowers grow where I cultivated dust and stones. Remember this, on this journey you insist on making. If you die, I will not survive you long. Dovie'andi se tovya sagain!

People so seldom say "I love you". And then it's either too late or love goes. So when I tell you I love you, It doesn't mean I know you'll never go, only that I wish you didn't have to.

Offline Itachirumon

• The Buzzing Digital Uke
  • Pope
  • The Highly-Caffinated Borderline Insane Uke
« Reply #25 on: August 03, 2012, 12:18:43 am »
Okay, I feel the need to step in here and say something. This is exactly the reason I disappeared. After Keiro kept putting things off, I asked family what they thought and the general opinion was it would be put of perpetually. I didn't like it and didn't want to leave but following the events of May 12th and no-Miles rescue I left because I didn't feel like it was going to go anywhere. I had the feeling Keiro was lying, but I didn't know the extent.

I don't like saying it, but the consensus felt like it was all going to be a scam. Family thought Miles might be in on it too or Miles and Keiro were the same person, I didn't really believe that but the whole thing stank so bad by then I felt like it was important for me to cut ties entirely. Which ultimately sucks because Miles needed all the support he could get. I didn't want to jump ship but...if it was all a con and OM was just going to be postponed without end...there wasn't a lot I could have done. Ultimately my gut was right and Miles wasn't involved - I'm glad about that... he's too sweet.

But honestly, if I'd known we had $1000 at our disposal, and we'd had it back in April, I should have just gone and done it myself. Miles would have been safe at least two months earlier. I had the experience going after friends by train, I could have done it with no fuss, no mess, no greyhound freakouts. All I didn't have was the time and the car.

All I can say is I'm really glad Miles is safe now, and I have to live with feeling like I betrayed him in an hour of need. I hope these words don't hurt him too much - in spite of what family and friends thought based on past experience (this isn't the first time things like this have happened to me where people make a bunch of promises and then never follow through, the "experience in going after friends by train" showed me this, on three occasions)...I never wanted to believe Miles would be capable of that, and I'm so glad they were wrong.

I'm now going to return to my self-imposed exile. I still lurk, to keep an eye on things, but for the foreseeable future I won't be talking anymore.
"Sleep is for the weak
Caffeine is my sacrament
Are those spiders real?"

I do NOT have a dubious relationship to sleep. We had a perfectly ambicable seperation

Ask me about the knife in your back!

When I die, they should process my blood into an energy drink - it'll be called Vampiric, and one dose will cause diabetes... Also, you might see noises.

"No.. can't eat... I'm fucking my catboy"

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #26 on: August 03, 2012, 01:28:42 am »
If there is any doubt remaining about Keiro, I think this quashed it.

Simply stunning lack of personal integrity.

While taking too much on to his plate can defend some of it, other stuff posted in this thread...it worries me.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #27 on: August 03, 2012, 03:22:32 am »
At this point, I don't want to hear "Enough." Deleting the subforum was not fucking cool, and there's plenty of other bullshit you've done to fuck people over. I have no sympathy.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #28 on: August 03, 2012, 05:38:49 am »
Internet forums usually go through a sort of life cycle: Birth > Obscurity > Growth > Maturity > Stagnation > Decline > Death

Lately, everything I've been seeing around here indicates that this forum as a whole is rapidly approaching the end of it's life span.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #29 on: August 03, 2012, 06:17:27 am »
Lately, everything I've been seeing around here indicates that this forum as a whole is rapidly approaching the end of it's life span.
Pfft, we've had worse admins in the past and the forums are still very much alive. If the boards die any time in the near future, I'll be very surprised.