Author Topic: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 273337 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Not-Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #690 on: January 09, 2017, 02:01:21 pm »
From a hardcore Trump supporter:

You people are completely subverted, immunized against facts and reality. I don't know why I ever bother trying to debate or reason with you people.

Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #691 on: January 09, 2017, 04:17:17 pm »
I don't agree with the conclusion that the "real menaces" in that story is a society that doesn't care about the mentally ill. Nope, checked.the vid. It was definitely four arseholes tormenting him.

That said, it's absolutely true that mental illness becomes a convenient political football that's tossed aside when it's usefulness in making a moral point expires.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 05:10:52 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #692 on: January 09, 2017, 06:16:44 pm »

You people are completely subverted, immunized against facts and reality. I don't know why I ever bother trying to debate or reason with you people.

You mean like the fact that illegal immigration is at its lowest in decades?

Oh wait, by "facts and reality", you mean the Donald's claims.

I don't agree with the conclusion that the "real menaces" in that story is a society that doesn't care about the mentally ill. Nope, checked.the vid. It was definitely four arseholes tormenting him.

That said, it's absolutely true that mental illness becomes a convenient political football that's tossed aside when it's usefulness in making a moral point expires.

That's not all. The author also blamed movies and video games. I guess the Nice and Berlin attacks were caused by Euro Truck Simulator.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #693 on: January 09, 2017, 06:21:22 pm »

You mean like the fact that illegal immigration is at its lowest in decades?

Oh wait, by "facts and reality", you mean the Donald's claims.

It's funny enough in any context coming from a Trump supporter, but it's in reference to people calling him out for citing these two videos as credible sources on Islam:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=t_Qpy0mXg8Y

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=-Bc5f9_YoFk

Prefaced with this:

The ignorance in this thread about the history of Islam and the fall of the Classical world is appalling, though not surprising given liberal academia's refusal to teach real history. Watch these two videos and educate yourselves on the TRUE NATURE of Islam.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #694 on: January 09, 2017, 07:05:11 pm »

« Last Edit: January 09, 2017, 07:13:04 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #695 on: January 09, 2017, 07:23:28 pm »
And from the other side of the aisle...

Art Vandelay

« Reply #696 on: January 09, 2017, 07:58:57 pm »
It seems like Black Lives Matter is suffering from the same problems as GamerGate, in that you one group that genuinely cares about the issue at hand, and another group of simple bigots using the former as a smokescreen.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #697 on: January 09, 2017, 08:04:14 pm »
It seems like Black Lives Matter is suffering from the same problems as GamerGate, in that you one group that genuinely cares about the issue at hand, and another group of simple bigots using the former as a smokescreen.

Except that for BLM, the claimed issue really is a problem, while for GG it was a farce.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #698 on: January 09, 2017, 08:14:01 pm »

Except that for BLM, the claimed issue really is a problem, while for GG it was a farce.

I know.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #699 on: January 09, 2017, 10:53:09 pm »
This kind of reminds me of something a villain of mine said, basically in a case of real life writing the plot of a story.

Lord Eclipse: You know, I previously had quite a hard time selling social darwinism to the left. The right gobbled it up, because in their infantile view point, that "apex survivor" is white, regardless how much I try to stress that all of their infirm and unworthy will be purged as well. The left perplexed me...but now, I've found a way to bring everyone into my tent, so to speak. Now, they feel cheated, like they, the rightful, powerful victor, was cheated by the weak, the worthless, the stupid...and that, that is a mindset that led those youths from Chicago to ME. Justice is a fine word, but when angry enough, its meaning becomes...whatever you feel like it is.

In terms of what's gone on there, its proof that when you gaze into the abyss, the abyss gazes right back into you.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #700 on: January 10, 2017, 10:02:41 am »
Guess what Time magazine is blaming for the torture video?

http://time.com/4626743/chicago-torture-video/?xid=homepage

Before you click that link, make your best guess.

...Everything? That was difficult to read and it didn't make much sense. Just a random list of things that the writer didn't like and insinuation that they are the reason for this attack but no actual evidence or logic.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

pyro

« Reply #701 on: January 11, 2017, 03:55:46 pm »
Guess what Time magazine is blaming for the torture video?

http://time.com/4626743/chicago-torture-video/?xid=homepage

Before you click that link, make your best guess.

I guess Russia.

Edit: Okay, here's what I've managed to glean from it:

• The author blames racism for this incident getting more coverage than cases where the victim isn't white.
  • The author is mad that this gets more coverage than a police procedure decision that he thinks is a bad idea.
  • Violent video games and movies!!!111
  • Gun control!!!111
  • This too shall be forgotten by the news cycle.

It's tamer than I thought it would be. Just somebody using this thing as a political platform, while simultaneously criticizing people for using it as a political platform. Same stuff you get from every school shooting. As you've already noticed by the thing before the edit, I thought they were going to go Godlike Productions on us.
« Last Edit: January 11, 2017, 04:09:39 pm by pyro »

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #702 on: January 15, 2017, 09:45:35 pm »
The latest in truly weird brainfarts from the chans involves a joining of forces between the Nazis, the MRAs and the Incels, even though the Nazis and MRAs want the Incels to fuck off those Incel scamps just can't help themselves. It's called Operation B.A.B.B.Y.

Note orders for MGTOW nerd virgins not to post, I'm sure they'll behave themselves...

...nah!

And it's SOOPER, SOOPER SEEKRIT GUIZE!!!

Don't tell anyone!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #703 on: January 29, 2017, 11:40:00 am »

I've actually read two of the studies this picture cites. One was a failed experiment, and another found women to have more neurons than men.

Besides, if we women really were so stupid and pathetic, how stupid and pathetic is a group of males (I hesitate to call them "men") that feels threatened by us?
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #704 on: January 30, 2017, 09:50:07 am »
I thought I'd take a gander at what the Trump fanboys are up to on Reddit...

Thread title: Spot the difference.

Messy but organized. That means he's busy GETTING STUFF DONE

Because everything is done on paper and those are definitely the real actual papers he gets and not just scenery for the photo-op?

One is a racist, evil man looking to divide our country and ruin global relationships in order to start WWIII and fill his pockets.

The other is President Donald J. Trump working for the people.

Unfortunately the "best" comments were deleted before I got back from work because originally this thread had a dozen more comments that a) called Obama a nigger b) Went on and on how Trump is an ALPHA MALE while Obama is a cuck c)  complained about Obama setting his feet on the desk in some other photo and how Trump would never do something so boorish.

Seems like they do a lot of cleaning up in there. In fact, there's another Reddit group made up of people who get banned from the fanclub. (Reasons for banning vary from trolling to not being a sycophant or simply asking if the others really think that Trump is cool.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!