Author Topic: Plea for Donations  (Read 1105 times)

Offline Kradorex Xeron

• Technical Consultant
  • Administrator
  • Bishop
  • Digitally Original
    • Personal Site
Plea for Donations
« on: August 27, 2018, 12:16:46 am »
Hello everyone,

Digibase Operations is the organization that provides hosting services for these forums on a pro-bono basis (and our hope to host the main site as is planned at some point), among other public benefit services, like our Public time server that we donate for use in the official NTP pool, our anti-spam blacklisting services, our private IRC services among our consultation efforts to those who can't afford security and operational consultation services.

Given we dominantly work on a public benefit basis, we significantly rely upon donations to keep our work going. We don't use advertisements or sell user information as such would be a potent violation of our ethics to even consider such given the ongoing privacy crisis that embroils much of the Internet today. We prefer to keep ourselves "home grown".

On a monthly basis, we have much of our expenses covered, but our network connectivity is the last remaining item at 210 CAD or roughly 161 USD a month that we're still in need to cover. To be honest, as of late we've been in a major slump. I'd rather not have to make this plea to you all.

If you are able, please consider donating to us at https://paypal.me/digibase We don't expect our bills to be covered by a single person as every bit counts.

Thank you.

PS: I will be reviewing the bug reports section and seeing if anything is outstanding that needs to be taken care of, and it will be done within the next week if possible.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2018, 02:12:06 am by Kradorex Xeron »
~Krad Xeron

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
Re: Plea for Donations
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2018, 06:15:53 pm »
Made a donation.
Σא

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: Plea for Donations
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2018, 04:02:35 am »
Chipped in a small amount. I've gotta save for school textbooks this week but any amount probably helps a good deal.