Author Topic: 13 year old boy shot to death in front of his mother...  (Read 6795 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: 13 year old boy shot to death in front of his mother...
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2012, 01:16:51 am »
*UPDATE* It got worse.
Community Activist David Muhammad spoke with the family yesterday and sent me these corrections and information the family wants to get out.

Spooner shot Simmons with a 9mm handgun five feet away from him in the chest, in front of his mother.

Darius was shot once in the chest with his hands raised.  He ran to escape and collapsed at the corner, while Spooner attempted to shoot him in the back, and tried to fire a third shot.

After police arrived, Darius’s body remained on the sidewalk, while police questioned his mother, Patricia Larry, in a squad car for approximately two hours.

During the police investigation of the shooting, they searched Ms. Larry’s home again.  Finding nothing, they then proceeded to arrest his older brother for having truancy tickets.

In contrast, Spooner’s family was allowed to go into the home and remove “items” despite it being the crime scene.

John Spooner was given a $300,000 bail, (only $30,000 would have to be posted for him to be free).  This is uncommon when the charge is murder in the first degree. 

He tried to shoot an unarmed and wounded child in the back. A child that had in no way been presenting a thread and had in fact tried to avoid and escape the conflict. This has nothing to do with self defense. Furthermore if this story is true then the police have also handled the case in a rather suspicious way.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2012, 01:20:32 am »
"Hey your soon got murdered, but were going to search your house and if we find nothing we'll arrest your other son"

Who fuck does that? Someone needs to be suspended or fired for that fuck up.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

QueenofHearts

« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2012, 11:40:48 am »
"Hey your son got murdered, but were going to search your house and if we find nothing we'll arrest your other son"

Who fuck does that? Someone needs to be suspended or fired for that fuck up.

I don't think it happened like that or I would at least like to believe that it was more along the lines of officer asks a bunch of questions followed by "Spooner accused your son of stealing, do you know if your son was involved in anything criminal?" The mom said "no" and the police asked if they could search the house to verify that. This is also really part of how police are trained, they are instructed to ask if they can search things like cars or houses so they can find criminal possessions or activities with every chance to stop a crime and no liability if the search is consensual. Spooner probably declined a search of his house and thus the officers could not search his house* (to the best of my knowledge).

Again, I could be wrong and such thing could be racial prejudice on the officers' part. However, at this point we really don't know enough either way and I would like to believe that such search disparities arose due to legal technicalities and not prejudice.

*EDIT: I should say without a warrant.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 12:50:28 pm by QueenofHearts »

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2012, 01:04:24 pm »
Still 300 K bail that's a little low for first degree I know bail cant be excessive but still

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #19 on: June 09, 2012, 02:30:04 pm »
Make an example out of them.

Arrest the cops, and charge them with accessory to murder.
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #20 on: June 09, 2012, 02:34:51 pm »
Why the HELL would you do that to the victim's family?!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 03:24:38 pm by TGRwulf »
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #21 on: June 09, 2012, 03:05:33 pm »

I don't think it happened like that or I would at least like to believe that it was more along the lines of officer asks a bunch of questions followed by "Spooner accused your son of stealing, do you know if your son was involved in anything criminal?" The mom said "no" and the police asked if they could search the house to verify that. This is also really part of how police are trained, they are instructed to ask if they can search things like cars or houses so they can find criminal possessions or activities with every chance to stop a crime and no liability if the search is consensual. Spooner probably declined a search of his house and thus the officers could not search his house* (to the best of my knowledge).

Again, I could be wrong and such thing could be racial prejudice on the officers' part. However, at this point we really don't know enough either way and I would like to believe that such search disparities arose due to legal technicalities and not prejudice.

*EDIT: I should say without a warrant.

that would explain maybe why one house was searched and another wasn't (though you would think shooting someone in public would give some kind of probable cause.. but I'm not a lawyer)

However Id o know that cops have some latitude about making arrests.  Arresting the other son for such a minor thing as truancy when his brother just got murdered seems a bit lacking in the human decency dept.

It's like arresting some for jay walking  while they are reporting being raped.

WTF seems the most reasonable response.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

QueenofHearts

« Reply #22 on: June 09, 2012, 04:01:49 pm »

that would explain maybe why one house was searched and another wasn't (though you would think shooting someone in public would give some kind of probable cause.. but I'm not a lawyer)

Yeah, and neither am I, but to my understanding (and verified by wikipedia) any search of a person's house must be accompanied by a search warrant and the only exception that may apply to this case would be if police felt evidence may be destroyed (only evidence I can think of would be the weapon). Its also possible the police were unaware of this exception or they had confiscated the gun and therefore had no grounds to search.

However Id o know that cops have some latitude about making arrests.  Arresting the other son for such a minor thing as truancy when his brother just got murdered seems a bit lacking in the human decency dept.

It's like arresting some for jay walking  while they are reporting being raped.

WTF seems the most reasonable response.

Yeah, I have to agree. I can not imagine how traumatic it would be to watch your son be murdered via racial profiling and then to watch your other son be arrested (or in the brother's case watch such a thing and then end up arrested). The other son being arrested for such a trivial crime leads me to suspect the search was solely to create more arrests. But yeah, the officers should have shown a measure of sympathy here and turned a blind eye.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #23 on: June 10, 2012, 10:34:51 am »
This is just... ugh. I'll never be able to understand how people can be so cruel.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline driewerf

• Neonate
« Reply #24 on: June 10, 2012, 03:09:46 pm »
inb4 racist groups hail the man as a hero.
just copy-pasting from Youtube:
Well.......You people need to start acting like human beings instead of animals. Maybe then the killing will stop. I'm telling ya.....white people are fed up with your nigger ways. We aren't gonna take it anymore. You better start walking the line, niggers.
way of blaming the victim

nigger stole his shit he deserved to be shot 
JUST AS LONG AS IT'S BLACK KIDS BEING KILLS I DON'T GIVE A FUCK.
trigger trigger shoot that nigger , watch ya back sambo

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #25 on: June 10, 2012, 03:11:10 pm »
To one of the commentors hey idiot the kid didnt steal

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #26 on: June 10, 2012, 05:12:06 pm »
Well.......You people need to start acting like human beings instead of animals. Maybe then the killing will stop. I'm telling ya.....white people are fed up with your nigger ways. We aren't gonna take it anymore. You better start walking the line, niggers.

Yeah! Hare dare that little colored boy act like an animal by obeying his mother and taking the trash out! I bet he mowed the lawn and put the dishes away too! What an animal.

If you wanna see a race acting like "animals" then look no further than our own. At every point in our nation's history there were white people fucking up every one else.