Author Topic: Why Christianity is the one true religion  (Read 11882 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Why Christianity is the one true religion
« Reply #45 on: May 30, 2018, 06:06:48 pm »

For the first 300 years Christianity spread peacefully and Christians were often the victims of persecutions. Any violence commited was done in self defense. Again, I was saying that in 67 AD, 37 years after the death of Christ, there were already many Christians in Rome so it spread at an extremely fast rate for a religion that spread peacefully.
Smith and Mo were quicker, NEXT!

The repression of the Manichaean and Gnostic heretics happened after Theodosius I though legal legitimate means became the Roman Empire and declared Nicene Christianity(true Christianity) the official religion of the Roman Empire. Their repression was done for the greater good of the Empire because it helped the Empire maintain unity under one religion. Besides, the Gnostics were a fucked up cult that believed in rejecting the material world.
Special pleading bullshit coming from a fucked up cultist who rejects his perfectly normal sex drive, NEXT.

According to wikipedia, Hypatia was not killed for being smart, she was killed because she was an advisor to Orestes, the Roman prefect of Alexandria and rumors were spreading that she was preventing Orestes from reconciling with Cyril the Bishop of Alexandria who Orestes was in a feud with. It was a political conflict. In fact the article also says this about her showing that Christians later respected her.

“During the Middle Ages, Hypatia was co-opted as a symbol of Christian virtue and scholars believe she was part of the basis for the legend of Saint Catherine of Alexandria.”
More post-facto, special pleading bullshit and "respecting" someone after you've whacked them and erased their history, aint...NEXT!

As for the spread of Christianity throughout the colonies, the natives who had uncivilized primitive cultures were forced to convert to Christianity, but that was done for the greater good of bringing civilization to them. It was mostly not genocidal, because the majority of Latino’s have both Hispanic and native ancestry. Yes many died of small pox, but that is not genocide because genocide is intentionally trying to kill a group while people did not know about the science of small pox back then. And the Spanish conquest of the Aztecs was totally justified because the Aztecs performed human sacrifice.
Then what's your problem with Islam Caphilates invading pagan empires? Special pleading BS, NEXT!

I don’t think that Columbus was personally responsible for the atrocities commited by some Spanish. I hate how cultural marxists are trying to rename Columbus Day, “indigenous people’s day.” Nevertheless, the English colonists, and later the Americans never commited the excesses that those from other European countries commited.
What you believe is irrelevant, what happened on his watch is. NEXT!

As for the Crusades, that was done in retaliation for the Muslim conquests of Christian lands, atrocities, and persecution committed against the Christians. Yeah there were excesses but then there was also the brave valiant hero Richard the Lionheart. The English were never responsible for the worst of the Roman Catholic Church’s atrocities.

And the repression of the heretical sects was for the greater good because it kept unity in the Empire. I admit that the First crusaders went excessive but the later crusaders such as Richard the Lionheart  were heroes fighting to protect the Christians in the Middle East. The English were never responsible for the worst of the crusader’s excesses.
Our war crimes good because reasons, their war crimes justify our war crimes. Horseshit! NEXT!

And your still in denial of Yahweh and Jesus Christ after all the evidence I provided? If you have any logical questions about Yahweh, Jesus, the trinity, and Christianity, I will be glad to provide you answers based on my knowledge. I already addressed the case of Yahweh’s wife, that was promoted during the part of Israel’s history when the Israelites were turning against God and worshipping false gods.
You haven't provided evidence, just the same regurgitated bullshit we're all too familiar with. If you're trying to witness and be a missionary you, by virtue of being a sectarian, homophobic, sexually repressed fuckup is making your product look worse than if you'd said nothing at all! Seriously, you'd be better off just shutting the fuck up if you want people around here to convert to your religion. You repel people!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #46 on: May 30, 2018, 07:14:08 pm »

For the first 300 years Christianity spread peacefully and Christians were often the victims of persecutions. Any violence commited was done in self defense. Again, I was saying that in 67 AD, 37 years after the death of Christ, there were already many Christians in Rome so it spread at an extremely fast rate for a religion that spread peacefully.
Smith and Mo were quicker, NEXT!

The repression of the Manichaean and Gnostic heretics happened after Theodosius I though legal legitimate means became the Roman Empire and declared Nicene Christianity(true Christianity) the official religion of the Roman Empire. Their repression was done for the greater good of the Empire because it helped the Empire maintain unity under one religion. Besides, the Gnostics were a fucked up cult that believed in rejecting the material world.
Special pleading bullshit coming from a fucked up cultist who rejects his perfectly normal sex drive, NEXT.

According to wikipedia, Hypatia was not killed for being smart, she was killed because she was an advisor to Orestes, the Roman prefect of Alexandria and rumors were spreading that she was preventing Orestes from reconciling with Cyril the Bishop of Alexandria who Orestes was in a feud with. It was a political conflict. In fact the article also says this about her showing that Christians later respected her.

“During the Middle Ages, Hypatia was co-opted as a symbol of Christian virtue and scholars believe she was part of the basis for the legend of Saint Catherine of Alexandria.”
More post-facto, special pleading bullshit and "respecting" someone after you've whacked them and erased their history, aint...NEXT!

As for the spread of Christianity throughout the colonies, the natives who had uncivilized primitive cultures were forced to convert to Christianity, but that was done for the greater good of bringing civilization to them. It was mostly not genocidal, because the majority of Latino’s have both Hispanic and native ancestry. Yes many died of small pox, but that is not genocide because genocide is intentionally trying to kill a group while people did not know about the science of small pox back then. And the Spanish conquest of the Aztecs was totally justified because the Aztecs performed human sacrifice.
Then what's your problem with Islam Caphilates invading pagan empires? Special pleading BS, NEXT!

I don’t think that Columbus was personally responsible for the atrocities commited by some Spanish. I hate how cultural marxists are trying to rename Columbus Day, “indigenous people’s day.” Nevertheless, the English colonists, and later the Americans never commited the excesses that those from other European countries commited.
What you believe is irrelevant, what happened on his watch is. NEXT!

As for the Crusades, that was done in retaliation for the Muslim conquests of Christian lands, atrocities, and persecution committed against the Christians. Yeah there were excesses but then there was also the brave valiant hero Richard the Lionheart. The English were never responsible for the worst of the Roman Catholic Church’s atrocities.

And the repression of the heretical sects was for the greater good because it kept unity in the Empire. I admit that the First crusaders went excessive but the later crusaders such as Richard the Lionheart  were heroes fighting to protect the Christians in the Middle East. The English were never responsible for the worst of the crusader’s excesses.
Our war crimes good because reasons, their war crimes justify our war crimes. Horseshit! NEXT!

And your still in denial of Yahweh and Jesus Christ after all the evidence I provided? If you have any logical questions about Yahweh, Jesus, the trinity, and Christianity, I will be glad to provide you answers based on my knowledge. I already addressed the case of Yahweh’s wife, that was promoted during the part of Israel’s history when the Israelites were turning against God and worshipping false gods.
You haven't provided evidence, just the same regurgitated bullshit we're all too familiar with. If you're trying to witness and be a missionary you, by virtue of being a sectarian, homophobic, sexually repressed fuckup is making your product look worse than if you'd said nothing at all! Seriously, you'd be better off just shutting the fuck up if you want people around here to convert to your religion. You repel people!

1. I already debunked the claim that Smith was faster and already explained the difference between the spread of Christianity during it’s earliest decades, and the spread of Islam.

2. How can you challenge my claim that it was done for the greater good of the Empire? Having one religion makes the Empire more stable.

3. I explained the real political reason why she was killed. It was not because she was smarter than them.

4. Ugh. I have a problem with the Muslim caliphates conquering the ADVANCED CIVILILIZED pagan Empires and spreading their backwards barbaric religion to the Middle East. The Christians did not conquer advanced civilized pagan Empires, they conquered European barbarian tribes, New World tribes and the barbaric Aztec Empire.

5. There is no evidence that Columbus ordered for the worst of the atrocities to happen. His great legacy is that he discovered the Americas contributing to bringing European civilization to it. His legacy has been defended by the Knights of Columbus

6. I said that I admit that the knights on the First Crusade commited war crimes, but the later Crusaders such as the Kings crusade were more noble and chivalrous. And as I keep saying, the English were never responsible for the crusader’s excesses.

7. I preach conservative true Christian values, to get you to go to the right denomination and to teach you what things are forbidden by God. I am not homophobic. I do not have an irrational fear of homosexuals. I am teaching that God loves homosexuals but does not want them to have homosexual sex.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #47 on: May 30, 2018, 08:53:22 pm »
The definition of omnipotent in relation to God is this.

“almighty or infinite in power, as God.”

An infinite amount of all the power of existence, does not mean having an infinite amount of power that cannot exist. As for the answer to your other question, it is because they have supernatural experiences, such as visits from the ghosts of their dead relatives or angels, or the fact that God answers their prayers. I have a Catholic maternal grandmother who has ALS(the same physical disability that Stephen Hawking had), who will probably die in a few years or less, and through the grace of God, she is still able to be happy and joyful even though she is in a nursing home and requires a lot of nurses to take care of her. The other people in the nursing home are a lot more cranky and miserable. Seems like elderly Christians seem happier than elderly non believers.
So, wishful thinking, huh? I suppose we're actually in agreement here.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #48 on: May 30, 2018, 09:05:33 pm »
So honky pagan empires who do human sacrifice as a spectator sport are good but Native American ones who do human sacrifice as an act of religious devotion are bad. What was that, cracker?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: May 30, 2018, 10:22:46 pm »
So honky pagan empires who do human sacrifice as a spectator sport are good but Native American ones who do human sacrifice as an act of religious devotion are bad. What was that, cracker?

Well the Roman Empire was more civilized compared to other barbaric cultures in that they saw religious human sacrifice as barbaric which is why they outlawed Druidism when they conquered Britain. When they used captives and criminals in the gladiator games, they did not see it as human sacrifice. However those games ended when the Roman Empire became Christian. As for the Sassanian Empire, I don’t think that they performed human sacrifice.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #50 on: May 30, 2018, 10:42:45 pm »
Cracker violent paganism good, brown violent paganism bad. You adding white supremacy to your laundry list of bigoted bullshit now?

Also gladitatorial games owe their lineage to Etruscan funerary rites. specifically ritual combat which often ended in death.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2018, 10:44:44 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #51 on: May 31, 2018, 08:51:13 am »
Cracker violent paganism good, brown violent paganism bad. You adding white supremacy to your laundry list of bigoted bullshit now?

Also gladitatorial games owe their lineage to Etruscan funerary rites. specifically ritual combat which often ended in death.

That is not what I am saying. I oppose all violent paganism, but the Roman Empire was not as bad as the other pagan cultures such as the Druids. The Celtic Druid human sacrifice was equally as bad as the Aztec human sacrifice. It was a good thing that both violent cultures were conquered.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #52 on: May 31, 2018, 10:08:47 am »
Of course they weren't as bad, bit of genocide, rapine oh-and nailing your boy Mr J to a tree but hey, they looked like us and their political institutions sounded kinda similar.

Can't be that bad!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #53 on: May 31, 2018, 11:18:57 am »
Of course they weren't as bad, bit of genocide, rapine oh-and nailing your boy Mr J to a tree but hey, they looked like us and their political institutions sounded kinda similar.

Can't be that bad!

The Roman Empire did not commit genocide. They conquered barbarian tribes and assimilated them into the Empire. And the Romans only nailed Jesus Christ to the cross because Pontius Pilate was forced to do so by an angry mob at the manipulation of the Pharisees. Pontius Pilate washed his hands to show that the blood being shed would not be on his hands.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 11:23:23 am by Jacob Harrison »

Art Vandelay

« Reply #54 on: May 31, 2018, 11:30:30 am »
Sometimes I cry myself to sleep at night because my penis is so tiny, it's practically an innie.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #55 on: May 31, 2018, 06:07:02 pm »

Can't be that bad!

The Roman Empire did not commit genocide. They conquered barbarian tribes and assimilated them into the Empire. And the Romans only nailed Jesus Christ to the cross because Pontius Pilate was forced to do so by an angry mob at the manipulation of the Pharisees. Pontius Pilate washed his hands to show that the blood being shed would not be on his hands.
In 206 BE the Romans destroyed the Spanish town Ilurga because the Romans wanted to 'erase the memory' of their enemy. They did the same to Carthage in 146 BE. Lets not forget the destruction of Judea following the Bar Kokhba revolt. It's why we have the words "Syria" and "Palestine" today.

You can't see it because you romanticise the Romans and stereotype the Aztecs as monsters. Both were ancient, pagan cultures that were bloodthirsty by modern standards but the reason you romanticise one over the other is because your recognize common cultural threads, not least the justification of wars of subjugation in the name of 'civilisation' that both the Romans and European Christendom used to justify their plunder. Yet apparently, when Muslim conquerors do the same as Romans and Columbus that's bad, 'because reasons' and the only reason really is that the Muslims are an alien culture to you, hence you judge them more harshly.

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
« Reply #56 on: May 31, 2018, 07:27:36 pm »
Not to mention the Caesar's invasion of Gaul which killed over a million people and displaced just as many.

In fact the word 'devastation' comes from the Roman practice of 'Vestatio' which was the practice of killing everyone they found in a village and burning everything there.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #57 on: May 31, 2018, 07:36:24 pm »

Can't be that bad!

In 206 BE the Romans destroyed the Spanish town Ilurga because the Romans wanted to 'erase the memory' of their enemy. They did the same to Carthage in 146 BE. Lets not forget the destruction of Judea following the Bar Kokhba revolt. It's why we have the words "Syria" and "Palestine" today.

You can't see it because you romanticise the Romans and stereotype the Aztecs as monsters. Both were ancient, pagan cultures that were bloodthirsty by modern standards but the reason you romanticise one over the other is because your recognize common cultural threads, not least the justification of wars of subjugation in the name of 'civilisation' that both the Romans and European Christendom used to justify their plunder. Yet apparently, when Muslim conquerors do the same as Romans and Columbus that's bad, 'because reasons' and the only reason really is that the Muslims are an alien culture to you, hence you judge them more harshly.

I looked up on Wikipedia on what happened in 206 BC, and I did not find anything on a town of Illurga. I am aware of what happened in Carthage, the Carthageans did not surrender, the city was set on fire in the middle of the battle. The 50,000 surviving Carthageans were sold into slavery. The Carthageans were far more barbaric than the Romans and practiced the horrible Canaanite religion that practiced child sacrifice. So the Romans were much more civilized by the standards of the time.

As for what happened after the treacherous Bar Kokba revolt, the Romans had the Jews exiled from Judea to prevent future revolts, and the province was resettled.

The difference between the Romans and Christendom vs Islam is that the Romans and Christendom conquered uncivilized people’s and brought civilization to them, while the Muslims conquered civilized Pagan and Christian Empires and spread their vile barbaric religion to them.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #58 on: May 31, 2018, 07:42:54 pm »
Not to mention the Caesar's invasion of Gaul which killed over a million people and displaced just as many.

In fact the word 'devastation' comes from the Roman practice of 'Vestatio' which was the practice of killing everyone they found in a village and burning everything there.

In the long run, Caesar’s invasion of Gaul brought advanced Roman civilization to Gaul. It was not genocidal, it was wartime casualties. Burning villages is also an act of warfare and wartime casualties, because it is a strategy on defeating enemy forces. It is just like carpet bombing and drone strikes.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #59 on: May 31, 2018, 08:46:33 pm »
Yet you get all judgy at Islam for using the exact same "wartime practices" to expand the Caphilate after Mohammad's death. So pagans you like can get their conquest on but not rival monitheists that you don't like, huh.

And the Caphilate broughr advances in metallurgy, agriculture, astronomy and mathematics as well as expanding the regions trade reach from the Norse lands to China. Pretty good case for a civilising influence on their part.
« Last Edit: May 31, 2018, 08:55:18 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »