Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387392 times)

Offline Id82

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2040 on: February 06, 2018, 09:29:14 pm »
Are you kidding me? Trump wants to have a military parade? Like some kind of dictator.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2041 on: February 07, 2018, 03:12:28 am »
I have managed to find secret footage of the march in question being rehearsed. Here is an actual part of Trump's planned military march;

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX3W9D8e8TQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sX3W9D8e8TQ</a>
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 03:14:32 am by niam2023 »
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2042 on: February 08, 2018, 10:53:38 pm »
So are they pretty much going to shut down the government like every three weeks now?
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2043 on: February 08, 2018, 11:01:28 pm »
Sure sounds like it and it's because those Democrats don't want to deport people who've lived their entire lives here and are Americans in all but a piece of paper that says they are. Those monsters.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2044 on: February 09, 2018, 02:43:35 am »
Sure sounds like it and it's because those Democrats don't want to deport people who've lived their entire lives here and are Americans in all but a piece of paper that says they are. Those monsters.

I've said this since this particular mess began last year: if the US wants to deport 800,000 productive, hard-working, well-educated, trained, law-abiding people, Canada should want that economic shot in the arm. They'd probably have an easier acclimatisation process here than they would anywhere else.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2045 on: February 09, 2018, 08:21:28 pm »
Who here is surprised that Trump blocked the democrat memo being released? Show of hands? No one? Alright then moving on.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #2046 on: February 10, 2018, 12:26:05 am »
He's really fucking bad at not looking guilty.
Who needs a signature?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2047 on: February 10, 2018, 04:47:44 am »
He's really fucking bad at not looking guilty.

Because he's never had to learn how to look not guilty. People in his circles never get held to account for their shit, unless it's a rare case of them managing to fuck over other people in said circles.

EDIT: Actually seen on another forum:

If you like logical analysis, try this on. It's a bit of a long read, but I found it worth the time.

Are Trump Voters Irrational?

You clearly have a different worldview than I do, and you clearly think that my worldview makes me a bad person.  I'm sorry that you feel this way. As I stated before, we can agree to disagree, though I don't see the need or the value in personalizing it to the degree that you have. 

When I said I thought long and hard about my vote, I wasn't lying.  I considered the details - Trump University, the Access Hollywood tape, all of the rest. But despite that stuff, the alternative was still to vote for a candidate whose worldview, governing agenda, and political philosophy was more or less diametrically opposed to my own. When that's true, a lot of the details don't matter that much, because at the end of the day the results matter because the results are what we all have to live with. I don't know what results we would have gotten under President Hillary, but I'd be willing to bet that the range of outcomes would go from absolutely completely terrible to, at best, four years of not getting anything positive done while the existing problems continued to fester and get worse. In that scenario, it's not hard to go for an alternative with at least some chance of positive upside.

The fact that Trump has so far governed in the most Constitutional manner of any President this century has been an added pleasant surprise, especially since he didn't even really run on explicit Constitutionalism.  That's definitely a result I can live with.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2018, 10:39:58 pm by dpareja »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2048 on: February 11, 2018, 03:36:02 am »
http://theweek.com/speedreads/754262/trump-reportedly-isnt-even-reading-intelligence-briefings-anymore

Trump has instructed his staff not to provide him written intelligence briefings, The Washington Post reported Friday, because he "rarely if ever reads" them. Instead, Trump indicated that he'd rather be updated on the intelligence matters du jour through "an oral briefing of select intelligence issues."

I would be incredibly surprised if this meant something other than "Trump prefers to get his 'intelligence matters' from Fox & Friends only."
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2049 on: February 11, 2018, 03:51:31 am »
I do not think it has been mentioned, but ICE has indicated it wants to have an Intelligence Division, if not be an Intelligence Agency itself. Awkward way of pining for the days Heydrich led the SD.

...so, as a talented sociopath, let me tell you, ICE, that the ship has sailed and you're not on it. Even if I put in the effort to learn Intelligence and such, I still wouldn't work for you. Thomas Homan is a no-talent moron whose sense of subtlety, tact and cunning is nil. You have abysmal PR, and every attempt made to be Die Schutzstaffel has been met with blocking, derision, and preparation - in part because of said lacking of subtlety. You operate at exactly one sensibility - and that is such that everyone should obey you, with little if any rationale for this respect you should be given. You take respect, fear and power to be granted to your agency - when you have done nothing to deserve any of that. You pick on immigrant families with little to their name, and think this makes you powerful and great.

Every attempt to branch out has been humiliating. You wagged your influence before Congress, and were laughed at. You whine when you are defied, oh, that is a common one. Whine whine whine. For all that your supporters talk about snowflakes, you ICE SS Wannabes melt when places break off arrest and detainment agreements with you.

In looking at ICE, there is an obvious lickspittle element - they could have, as Ironchew pointed out in 2016, been fearsome indeed. The men in black coats who seize you for copyright material, and seek out the undocumented with ruthlessness and malignance. However, powers of personality can shape an organization for the worst as much as for their benefit. And in this case, ICE mostly hands out promotions based on who can flatter and hand undeserving praise unto Donald Trump, following his every mercurial shift and decision. The results of this can be seen.

tl;dr: I'm a bad guy, but I'm not interested in a whole organization of shithead brown-nosers..
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 04:59:40 am by niam2023 »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2050 on: February 11, 2018, 03:30:43 pm »
I've been saying this on almost every single ICE news article I find but....

Disband ICE.

Ironbite-the agency has run it's course.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2051 on: February 11, 2018, 03:32:58 pm »
Yeah. They are literally unable to be salvaged at this point into anything productive. They are obviously and irritatingly a partisan organization wedged up the President's posterior and unable to do anything that doesn't involve that.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #2052 on: February 12, 2018, 01:05:40 am »
The fact that Trump has so far governed in the most Constitutional manner of any President this century has been an added pleasant surprise, especially since he didn't even really run on explicit Constitutionalism.  That's definitely a result I can live with.

...HOW?  I'm at a complete loss here.  How?

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2053 on: February 12, 2018, 01:07:01 am »
Even in trying to defend the rationality of Trump voters, he exposes his complete and total lack of understanding of why people object to this orange despot.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2054 on: February 12, 2018, 01:30:01 am »

...HOW?  I'm at a complete loss here.  How?

I think his position is that Bush and Obama governed so unconstitutionally that even Trump somehow managed to clear that low bar.