Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 387033 times)

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2880 on: February 18, 2019, 05:25:09 pm »
Does he seriously expect California to just roll over and let him install a border wall on our southern border?

Depends on whether it's on federal land, or land that can legally be expropriated by the federal government. As an acquaintance of mine noted, yes, US federalism is built on states leading... except where the Constitution says the federal government leads, and one place where the Constitution explicitly tramples all over states' rights is in management of federal land.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2881 on: February 18, 2019, 06:05:19 pm »
Yes...yes he does.

Ironbite-cause he thinks he's king.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2882 on: February 18, 2019, 07:29:51 pm »
Like, I am proud to say California is absolutely full of some of the most, shall we say, ill behaved liberals in the entire United States.

Trump tries to install that wall, he's gonna get all sorts of mischief.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #2883 on: February 27, 2019, 07:58:04 pm »
Cohen testified today.  And oh my god if Trump wasn't in 'Nam right now the tweet storm would've been Biblical.

Ironbite-as is, it's gonna be amazing once he wakes up.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2884 on: February 28, 2019, 01:15:34 am »
...Did the Republicans make even one question to learn about the crimes Trump did? Or did they spend the entire hearing trying to make Cohen look bad?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #2885 on: February 28, 2019, 09:45:17 am »
Yeeeeep.  Not a single one of them even tried to do anything but attack Cohen over his supposed status as a "liar".  It was great.

Ironbite-the GOP have officially thrown off their poncho's to reveal Trump branded T-shirts.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2886 on: February 28, 2019, 10:03:27 am »
And they brought that one black lady in that they always use whenever they want to show that Trump couldn't possibly be a racist because this one black woman worked for him at one time.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2887 on: February 28, 2019, 10:17:00 am »
None of them want to go the way of Mark Sanford.
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Kakarot
« Reply #2888 on: February 28, 2019, 12:22:54 pm »
The funny thing is, they can and will go the way of Appalachian Trails if Der Leader deems them not loyal enough.

Ironbite-and that changes on an hourly basis.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2889 on: February 28, 2019, 12:26:30 pm »
The funny thing is, they can and will go the way of Appalachian Trails if Der Leader deems them not loyal enough.

Ironbite-and that changes on an hourly basis.

Oh, of course. But one surefire way of getting on his bad side is appearing to criticise him.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #2890 on: March 01, 2019, 09:30:48 am »
...Did the Republicans make even one question to learn about the crimes Trump did? Or did they spend the entire hearing trying to make Cohen look bad?

Every single one went up there with the intention of spending all their time screaming that Cohen was a liar, and he was just trying to cash in with a book deal.  The general consensus is that they came off like a bunch of Biff Tannens.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2891 on: March 01, 2019, 09:53:00 am »

Every single one went up there with the intention of spending all their time screaming that Cohen was a liar, and he was just trying to cash in with a book deal.  The general consensus is that they came off like a bunch of Biff Tannens.

Rich and powerful and able to get away with all their crimes unless someone literally uses a time machine to stop them?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Chaos Undivided

• Pope
  • Death to the False Emperor!
« Reply #2892 on: March 01, 2019, 11:34:07 am »
Honestly, it reminds me of some paranoid despot's flunkies going out of their way to show that of course they're loyal to him and they completely believe in him. Because they know that if he ever suspects them of not supporting him enough, well...
Anti-authoritarian, anti-extremist, anti-bullshit.

Offline DarkPhoenix

• Bishop
« Reply #2893 on: March 01, 2019, 11:44:54 am »

Rich and powerful and able to get away with all their crimes unless someone literally uses a time machine to stop them?

I meant 1955 teenage Biff, not alt-1985 all-powerful Biff.  As in, acting like aggressive bullies.

Offline Id82

• The Beast
« Reply #2894 on: March 01, 2019, 12:23:21 pm »
Why don't you guys make like a tree and get out of here.
G.O.P
a  b r
s  s o
l   t   j
i   r  e
g  u c
h  c  t
t   t