Author Topic: How I am voting in this year’s elections.  (Read 6405 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
Re: How I am voting in this year’s elections.
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2018, 08:21:23 am »
1. The wars the US is currently involved in are to defeat terrorists who are threats to the US. And having foreign bases shows our enemies that we are everywhere and can defeat them anywhere.
Weren't you against the wars earlier on? in fact, I believe your exact words were "the cuckservatives got the US into the stupid Iraq War that caused mass US casualties and burdened the economy". Funny how you do a complete 180 just so you don't have to admit the entire US military and everything it does is little more than a cash cow for hardware manufacturers.
2. Well the arms deal was to counter the threat of Iran, another country that finances terrorism, and is a greater threat to the US. And we unfortunetely have to buy oil from Saudi Arabia because when they did an oil embargo on the US in the 1970s over the Arab-Israel conflict, it caused an energy crisis.
It's an objective fact that money and weapons given to the Saudis find their way to Sunni terrorists. That's not up for debate. At best, your government is fucking braindead and at worst, knowingly assisting ISIS's sugardaddy.
3. But it will be the private companies that will be paying the mercenaries, and there will also be non American mercenaries in the private armies as well so it will decrease the number of American deaths.
What private companies? In fact, assuming such private companies exist in the first place, why the fuck would they do that? They can either spend hundreds of billions funding mercs directly or hundreds of millions lobbying the US government to pick up the tab. Which do you think they're going to do?
4. China and India are still major world trading players, so they will also eventually negotiate a better trade deal because they will be tired of being hurt by the trade war.
They've got other trade partners and at worst, they only have to wait a few years for the current dumpster fire of a government to be replaced. Shit's not about to change anytime soon.
5. But too much regulation is also bad. The regulations were burdens on the small banks and prevented them from unleashing their full economic potential. Why should small banks be regulated the same way as complex financial institutions? They have far less money that they are managing.
Ah yes, that's always the story, isn't it? "Regulation is bad! Without it, we could totally siphon off all the money unleash our full economic potential!" Once again, how does that usually end?

1. The Iraq war was stupid because there were no weapons of mass destruction and Iraq was not a threat to the US. Terrorists are a threat to the US.

2. In the Middle East, there are no good options. Both the Sunni terrorists and Iran and the Shia terrorists they fund are threats to the US, so sometimes you have to take advantage of the Sunni vs Shia conflict and use one to counter the threat of the other, which is what the arms deal was about.

3. Private armies are private companies.

4. They are still being hurt by the trade war because the Us is still a major trading partner they have. And the Republicans can dominate the government for a long time.

5. But it is the big banks that have a larger impact, so they are the ones who obviously need more regulation. The regulations of the big banks will be enough to prevent a crash.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2018, 03:24:30 pm »
Sometimes, to my great disappointment, I forget that you're a troll. I get sucked into these political debates and takes me about a day or two to remember I'm arguing with shit stirrer.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
« Reply #32 on: October 30, 2018, 03:33:30 pm »
Sometimes, to my great disappointment, I forget that you're a troll. I get sucked into these political debates and takes me about a day or two to remember I'm arguing with shit stirrer.

I was actually debating you and was as sucked into the debate as much as you were. I felt it was very important to refute your points.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #33 on: October 30, 2018, 03:39:43 pm »
Of course you were.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2018, 04:35:08 pm »

I was actually debating you and was as sucked into the debate as much as you were. I felt it was very important to refute your points.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVRCyELQnSw" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NVRCyELQnSw</a>
Very important, in Kazakhstan send only master debaters.