Author Topic: Fundies Defending Hell = Instant Rage  (Read 12398 times)

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
Re: Fundies Defending Hell = Instant Rage
« Reply #45 on: May 21, 2014, 10:21:46 am »
As far as the "wager" thing goes...well, if there's a god and it only likes certain people, then a portion of our population is outright fucked anyway, so it doesn't really matter what you believe, or even if you believe at all.  In such a case, it'd probably be best to find a way to kill said god before it can either start or continue its monstrous regime.

I like the way you think.

Hey, you spend so long fighting against gods and god-like beings in games, you stop seeing gods in terms of reverence and worship...and more along the lines of "I wonder how much gold I get off killing that thing."  Its kinda like the Lord British Postulate, or "If You Stat It, They'll Kill It."

There's plenty of mythologies where gods (and things that are beyond gods) can be outright killed so it's not an unfeasible what-if.

Some gods should be killed, like the Demiurge, for example.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #46 on: May 21, 2014, 03:16:15 pm »
As far as the "wager" thing goes...well, if there's a god and it only likes certain people, then a portion of our population is outright fucked anyway, so it doesn't really matter what you believe, or even if you believe at all.  In such a case, it'd probably be best to find a way to kill said god before it can either start or continue its monstrous regime.

Hey, you spend so long fighting against gods and god-like beings in games, you stop seeing gods in terms of reverence and worship...and more along the lines of "I wonder how much gold I get off killing that thing."  Its kinda like the Lord British Postulate, or "If You Stat It, They'll Kill It."

There's plenty of mythologies where gods (and things that are beyond gods) can be outright killed so it's not an unfeasible what-if.

Personally, I find mortal gods to be infinitely more interesting as characters than the ones that can't die.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

pyro

« Reply #47 on: May 25, 2014, 01:59:41 pm »
[Rips the new age nonsense to sheds]

Art Vandelay

« Reply #48 on: May 25, 2014, 08:10:11 pm »
[Rips the new age nonsense to sheds]

Thank ye kindly, friend.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #49 on: May 27, 2014, 01:07:50 am »
Whenever I hear someone defending or endorsing hell, I get a flashback to Judge Frollo, from the Disney Movie Hunchback of Notre Dame.

Especially the hellfire and damnation preachers. Some of them even resemble Frollo, which scares me.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer