Author Topic: An Update on Policy  (Read 1382 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
An Update on Policy
« on: June 26, 2013, 12:50:19 am »
Hello everyone, just thought that I should inform you all that there are some changes related to Flame and Burn that should be known here, too.

First, copying and pasting the information from the F&B thread:

• If your thread has nothing to do with an argument, or calling out someone, it does not belong in [Flame and Burn].  You may vent about people you know in Confidential Confessions, you may vent about politics in Politics and Government, and so forth.  [Flame and Burn] is for flaming and burning.
  • To help prevent things from spiraling out of control, all F&B threads shall have a limit of 700* posts, or 699* replies.  Once they reach or go beyond that, they shall be locked.  Starting a new thread to continue the discussion is a violation of this. If a month has passed and the same thing is still an issue, then it is permitted to "restart" the thread.  Furthermore, all posts shall be locked after a month of inactivity to prevent the restart of old drama.  You may continue the argument in PMs if you wish, but do not harass or spam other users.
*This is not a hard and fast rule.  See the Flame and Burn rules thread for elaboration.

In addition, there are some other matters.

• Moderators shall not dump threads in Flame and Burn when they encounter heated derails.  All derails that lead into flaming or heated arguments shall be met with discipline and an end to the derail.  Further attempts to continue the derail after a reasonable amount of time after a moderator's post shall be met with harsher discipline.
  • It is the responsibility of the members involved to start a Flame and Burn thread when they see that an argument is getting heated, or if they wish to flame or argue with someone.  Topics will not be split off so much as blunted with a burning mallet of law.

These policies can be changed when needed.

Please leave your comments and questions below.

UPDATE: The policy about linking Flame and Burn in other threads was too harsh and as such shall be redacted.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2013, 05:54:50 pm by Magus Silveresti »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
Re: An Update on Policy
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2013, 12:56:13 am »
So, the Flame and Burn isn't going to be removed from the forums, I see.

This is wonderful, because I don't want to see flame wars spilling into the main forum just because it's gone.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2013, 12:58:45 am »

This is wonderful, because I don't want to see flame wars spilling into the main forum just because it's gone.

Personally speaking, while I was all for that idea, in retrospect this was a far better solution.  More people benefit this way.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

shykid

« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2013, 09:47:27 am »

Much as I don't like F&B, that's pretty much why I don't want to see it go. Any idiocy there now would shit all over the rest of the forum.