Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1533575 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #645 on: July 23, 2013, 03:00:52 am »

Another from the "Guy tries to be nice, crazy person freaks out" world.

No, that's a good thing about being biromantic.

That moment when you know someone is defending cheating but you're too much of a pathetic wimp to call out your fellow SJWs so you instead say stupid shit to try to help them.

What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #646 on: July 23, 2013, 10:10:53 pm »

That's one edgy troll.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #647 on: July 24, 2013, 03:22:16 am »

You know what? Try it. Just see what happens next.

Offline Yla

• The Beast
That said, I've stopped trying to anticipate what people around here want a while ago, I've found it makes things smoother.
For I was an hungred, and ye told me to pull myself up by my bootstraps: I was thirsty, and ye demanded payment for the privilege of thine urine: I was a stranger, and ye deported me: naked, and ye arrested me for indecency.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #649 on: July 24, 2013, 10:11:54 am »
http://notalwaysright.com/so-slow-it-hertz-part-2/30892

I've actually met people like this.  When I was in college a bunch of us were sitting in the cafeteria together, and one of the guys at the table was poking fun at himself for being short.  This woman, no joke, comes over and tells him that he's being insensitive and that short people are just "vertically impaired".  I wish I could make that up.

Though trying to be overly PC because of a COMPUTER is even more absurd.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #650 on: July 24, 2013, 10:15:15 am »

I've actually met people like this.  When I was in college a bunch of us were sitting in the cafeteria together, and one of the guys at the table was poking fun at himself for being short.  This woman, no joke, comes over and tells him that he's being insensitive and that short people are just "vertically impaired".  I wish I could make that up.

Being PC over a PC. Wow. I call my computer retarded, stupid, slow, a motherless son of a whore, a flaming pile of shit and things that would make SJWs practice necromancy to kill me again and again.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Meshakhad

• The Beast
  • The Night Is Dark And Full Of Terrors... Like Me
« Reply #651 on: July 24, 2013, 04:45:45 pm »

Being PC over a PC. Wow. I call my computer retarded, stupid, slow, a motherless son of a whore, a flaming pile of shit and things that would make SJWs practice necromancy to kill me again and again.

Shut up, you biocentric monster!
G-d's Kingdom Is A Hate-Free Zone

Quote from: Reploid Productions
Pardon the interruption, good sir/lady; there are aspects of your behavior that I find quite unbecoming, and I must insist most strenuously that I be permitted to assist in resolving these behaviors through the repeated high-velocity cranial introduction of particularly firm building materials.

Quote from: Meshakhad
GIVE ME KNOWLEDGE OR I WILL PUT A CAP IN YO ASS!

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #652 on: July 24, 2013, 06:15:34 pm »

I don't know whether to laugh or just put my face through a wall. I tend to take most online accounts of such things with a grain of salt, but to actually see it happen and know that such people exist... It's painful.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline anti-nonsense

• Nerdalicious Canadian
  • Pope
« Reply #653 on: July 24, 2013, 08:10:09 pm »
when my computer can pass the Turing Test I will worry about it's hypothetical feelings, until then, I laugh in the face of anyone who gets PC over computers.
From international relations to religious rivalries, from marriage to athlete's foot, whatever the problem a fundy's first solution is usually violence.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #654 on: July 24, 2013, 09:41:29 pm »
I once dated somebody who got angry at a friend for yelling at Siri.

shykid

« Reply #655 on: July 24, 2013, 11:17:52 pm »
Don't you people realize? Siri has feelings...

...oh wait.

Offline solar.

• God
  • Bepis
« Reply #656 on: July 24, 2013, 11:36:28 pm »

...oh wait.
She did say something to that effect actually. And the reason she thinks robots have emotions is stupid. She was playing some game and something terrible apparently happened to one of the characters (I believe the game was The Sims) and she felt REALLY bad about it.

I'd understand feeling bad for a fictional character in a story-heavy game like the Suikoden series, but such was not the case with her.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #657 on: July 24, 2013, 11:43:40 pm »

...oh wait.
She did say something to that effect actually. And the reason she thinks robots have emotions is stupid. She was playing some game and something terrible apparently happened to one of the characters (I believe the game was The Sims) and she felt REALLY bad about it.

I'd understand feeling bad for a fictional character in a story-heavy game like the Suikoden series, but such was not the case with her.

I would tell her that the fact that she felt bad was proof of her own humanity, not the robot's.

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #658 on: July 25, 2013, 04:35:50 am »
That's not so ridiculous, actually. She may have simply objected to his use of the word as normalizing it. Ex. if I call my computer a "fag," I'm not automatically in the right just because it's a computer, & therefore cannot have a sexual orientation to mock.

Although, she is definitely a bit mentally impaired for assuming that "slow" was being used to refer to "stupid," & not actual speed.

Also, you guys have made me ponder where we draw the line between real emotions & fake ones.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #659 on: July 25, 2013, 12:05:38 pm »
That's not so ridiculous, actually. She may have simply objected to his use of the word as normalizing it. Ex. if I call my computer a "fag," I'm not automatically in the right just because it's a computer, & therefore cannot have a sexual orientation to mock.

Although, she is definitely a bit mentally impaired for assuming that "slow" was being used to refer to "stupid," & not actual speed.

Also, you guys have made me ponder where we draw the line between real emotions & fake ones.

Having spent most of my childhood faking at least half my emotional reactions to everything, I can tell ya that there's a definite difference.  Can't exactly put it into words, but I can tell, at least.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.