Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1533730 times)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #600 on: July 19, 2013, 11:19:49 pm »
They still fool people according to my dash. lol

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #601 on: July 20, 2013, 12:32:16 am »
Him, yelling: “I like that skirt!"
 Me: “Shut the fuck up."
 Him: “It was just a compliment!"
 Me: “No, it wasn’t. It was disrespectful. Stop being disrespectful towards women."
 His friend: “It was just a fuckin’ compliment!"
 Me: “No, it was street harassment."
 His friend: “No it wasn’t!"
 Me, while walking away: “Yes, it was."
 Him: “Bitch"

All while on my way to the LIBRARY. Actually, it happened IN FRONT of the library. Women can’t exist in peace even when going to the fucking library.

My sister is embarrassed by me right now. I had to defend myself in front of a group of people, and she’s embarrassed because all these people saw the altercation. He’s the one who should be embarrassed.

I am so proud of myself right now. I don’t even know how I would have handled the situation a year ago, but today I was strong.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #602 on: July 20, 2013, 12:38:47 am »
 Me: “No, it wasn’t. It was disrespectful. Stop being disrespectful towards women."

All while on my way to the LIBRARY. Actually, it happened IN FRONT of the library. Women can’t exist in peace even when going to the fucking library.

My sister is embarrassed by me right now. I had to defend myself in front of a group of people, and she’s embarrassed because all these people saw the altercation. He’s the one who should be embarrassed.

I am so proud of myself right now. I don’t even know how I would have handled the situation a year ago, but today I was strong.

I can sympathize with her. After you get experience enough unwanted sexual attention masquerading as "just a compliment!" it's hard to tell the difference. It sounds like she'd taken it for years and finally snapped. And the "bitch!" at the end isn't helping that guy's case for not being sexist.

Or maybe he was a very sincere young man complimenting a lady's attractive dress and she completely misreported the incident, in which case disregard what I said, I guess.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #603 on: July 20, 2013, 01:01:45 am »
I think it's a case of him giving her a sincere compliment and her overreacting.

And the replies get even better:

YEP. Because only white women don’t like to constantly be objectified - to an object that men are completely allowed to shout at and treat like some kind of sexualised child.

This is absolutely disgusting. You should all be ashamed of yourselves (aside from the OP and the one person who stood up for her)

WHY is it okay to invade a woman’s space?

You don’t know them, it’s COMPLETELY inappropriate and wrong. Why? You have no idea what happened to them that day, they could have just discovered they were dying, or a friend was, or WHATEVER. They PROBABLY DON’T WANT TO HEAR FROM SOME CREEPY FUCKING STRANGER.

No, it’s not a compliment. You might as well yell “I FIND IT COMPLETELY APPROPRIATE TO YELL AT A YOUNG WOMAN BECAUSE I KNOW THERE’S LIKELY NOTHING SHE CAN DO AND I’M A COMPLETELY SELFISH PERSON WHO THINKS WHATEEEVER KIND OF BULLSHIT I HAVE TO SAY IS 1000000 TIMES MORE IMPORTANT THAN HER BEING ABLE TO LIVE HER LIFE WITHOUT FEAR AND FEELING LIKE SHE IS PREY TO SOME DISGUSTING CREEP" We don’t care whether you like how we look. We don’t. We realllly don’t. Got it? A stranger on the street has NOTHING to do with us, as we have NOTHING to do with you.

WHY is it that the OP deleted her post and turned off messages altogether?

Maybe it’s because she got a fuckton of hate from IDIOTS like you. Quite likely.

Now fuck off and die OR leave women alone. Either. That’s the choice.

And I thought the OP was overreacting. This is completely over the top.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #604 on: July 20, 2013, 01:34:25 am »

When everything is subversive, is anything subversive?

What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #605 on: July 20, 2013, 01:44:56 am »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #606 on: July 20, 2013, 02:08:48 am »
Fairy wings.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #607 on: July 20, 2013, 02:22:47 am »
Fairy wings.
I prefer "slow molasses melting slopes".
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline LeTipex

• Bishop
  • I'm right, because I accept that I can be wrong.
« Reply #608 on: July 20, 2013, 05:20:14 am »
So much fat it counts as a battle armor? Are you an ogre?

Offline Flying Mint Bunny!

• Zoot be praised and to His Chosen victory
  • The Beast
« Reply #609 on: July 20, 2013, 05:24:43 am »

I can sympathize with her. After you get experience enough unwanted sexual attention masquerading as "just a compliment!" it's hard to tell the difference. It sounds like she'd taken it for years and finally snapped. And the "bitch!" at the end isn't helping that guy's case for not being sexist.

Or maybe he was a very sincere young man complimenting a lady's attractive dress and she completely misreported the incident, in which case disregard what I said, I guess.

That's nothing. I was in a library once and some random guy came up to me and asked me if I wanted to go back to his place.

wrightway

« Reply #610 on: July 20, 2013, 12:55:31 pm »
I'm pretty sure that seeking to cause the extinction of an entire species of animal is decidedly anti-nature.

For the record, people seem to claim that humans are the only animal that destroys nature, but ask tree farmers what they think about deer coming up and marking trees with their antlers and come back to me on that matter.

Wasn't there a cat who single pawedly destroyed an entire species of island bird?

Offline Sleepy

• Fuck Yes Sunshine In a Bag
  • The Beast
  • Danger zone
« Reply #611 on: July 20, 2013, 01:46:06 pm »
It really depends on how the guy said "I like that skirt!" She said he was yelling it, and if he said it with an intentionally suggestive tone, then I can understand being annoyed. I wouldn't respond the same way she did, probably just ignore him.
Guys, this is getting creepy. Can we talk about cannibalism instead?

If a clown eats salmon on Tuesday, how much does a triangle weigh on Jupiter? Ask Mr. Wiggins for 10% off of your next dry cleaning bill. -Hades

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #612 on: July 20, 2013, 03:59:43 pm »
It really depends on how the guy said "I like that skirt!" She said he was yelling it, and if he said it with an intentionally suggestive tone, then I can understand being annoyed. I wouldn't respond the same way she did, probably just ignore him.

On the other hand, we've both found that a lot of people who are seeing persecution and discrimination where there is none tend to change their story when retelling it, sometimes (as with the woman who claimed to have spit in the face of a cashier for supposedly trying to touch her inappropriately by handing her change back) to the point of absurdity. Either they're intentionally spicing it up to make it sound more justified or they're thinking back on it afterward and letting their own opinions color the memory of the events.

For all we know, it was a regular guy who was genuinely complimenting her on her skirt and suddenly being shouted at for it.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Clochette

• Bishop
  • spin spin sugar
« Reply #613 on: July 20, 2013, 04:31:37 pm »

I'm a biased because I'm extremely skittish and hate loud noise, but I don't think you should be yelling at random strangers unless it's to point out that they're about to walk in front of a bus. Making sure a woman knows that you approve of her clothing choices is less important than not scaring or annoying her while she's trying to go about her business.

Maybe it was an overreaction on her part, but at least he might think twice the next time he feels an insatiable urge to shout unsolicited compliments.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #614 on: July 20, 2013, 05:19:52 pm »
I'm pretty sure that seeking to cause the extinction of an entire species of animal is decidedly anti-nature.

For the record, people seem to claim that humans are the only animal that destroys nature, but ask tree farmers what they think about deer coming up and marking trees with their antlers and come back to me on that matter.

Wasn't there a cat who single pawedly destroyed an entire species of island bird?

Yup, the Stephan's Island Wren, driven extinct by the fearsome Tibbles.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!