Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1533477 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #525 on: July 16, 2013, 10:37:46 pm »
So she's one of those talented asshole types? Oh well.

http://pretendbians.com/2013/07/16/obsessive-heterosexual-harasses-lesbian-activist/

I leave it up to you to decide which one of these ladies is the reason why I'm posting this.

Can I cheat by saying "both of them"?

Though I will say, judging by bugbrennan's responses alone, that I hate her more than the other person.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #526 on: July 16, 2013, 10:50:08 pm »
Oh, Cathy Brennan. Claims that being a lesbian is a political stance, and then runs a website called "Pretendbians".
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Lithp

• Official FSTDT Spokesman
  • The Beast
« Reply #527 on: July 16, 2013, 10:55:37 pm »
Can I cheat by saying "both of them"?

I've stated a few times now that it's like watching someone make faces at her own reflection.

Oh, Cathy Brennan. Claims that being a lesbian is a political stance, and then runs a website called "Pretendbians".

It amazes me just how often she contradicts herself. If being a lesbian is a political stance, then how can sexuality be driven by biology? How can there be "real" lesbians & "fake" lesbians? For that matter, why is the woman who harps on about "compulsory heterosexuality" constantly assigning sexual orientations to people?

And now she's apparently biphobic.

Offline Sigmaleph

• Ungodlike
  • Administrator
  • The Beast
    • sigmaleph on tumblr
« Reply #528 on: July 16, 2013, 11:00:05 pm »
Brennan is a transphobic piece of shit. Aaminah is someone who needs to focus her efforts in something more productive than yelling at Brennan.

I don't know who you are posting for, but I do know who the bigger problem is.
Σא

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #529 on: July 16, 2013, 11:34:42 pm »

He's trying to help you, you twat. He doesn't want you to be like him. It's like me telling my girlfriend I'll kill her if she self-harms. It's not male privilege, it's because I know that once you start, it's damn hard to stop and stay stopped, and I don't want her to be like me.

It's not male privilege. If anything, feminism is to make it so that neither men nor women feel they have to cut and then hide those cuts. He's not saying it's okay for him to cut and not you. He's saying "I've been there and I don't want you to cut, too."

You know what's hard? Being a cutter and having a significant other be a cutter too. Because you both struggle and can be triggered by each other. But at the same time, you can help each other. The trick is not to put responsibility on the other. Doing stuff like 'if you cut, then I cut' is harmful to the ability to heal and not relapse into cutting again.

However, if he had really said 'can't and won't tolerate it' then that's a problem with how he said it. Telling a cutter something like that won't help them heal. It'll make them hate themselves more and up the possibility of relapse as well as make them find different places to hide it. But it still isn't male privilege. Stop using that phrase attached to something like self-harm.

Oh and re: grey delisle cause damn she's not liked by a lot of tumblr not just SJW- The criticisms against her are fair. Her twitter and tumblr are full of her so-called 'jokes'. She's transphobic, sexist, misogynistic, and has been known to send hate to her fans.

She tried apologizing about it and uh...

Welp...

Now whether you should get up in arms about a joke about spousal abuse is up to you.
Completely agreed. Note, my girlfriend doesn't self harm, but I am recovering from it and due to her mental issues, it has come up in discussions before (there's exactly one instance where she almost did, before I met her, during a bad hallucination due to her paranoid schizophrenia, she tried to give herself a Glasgow smile with scissors but stopped before she had done more than inside one side of her lips). However, that said, his wording was bad. You don't make them feel guilty for it, you are kind and caring. And, that said, I didn't know Grey was such a bitch. Then again, her parents named her Grey. They couldn't have been that great a raising her if they screwed up that badly that early on.

The girl calling Brennan out, wow. I'm impressed. Such rage is rare. Aaminah seems like a cool person, and if Brennan is so butthurt over it, then she did good. She also looks like a less pale version of my sister.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #530 on: July 16, 2013, 11:45:50 pm »
I don't know much about her personally. I suppose I did imply that she was just as bad as Brennan. However, what I actually meant is that she is behaving so similarly to how Brennan often does, particularly a week or so ago with Everyday Lesbophobia, that attempting to pick the lesser of the 2 shitfests seems rather pointless to me.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #531 on: July 16, 2013, 11:48:51 pm »
Thin privilege is being viewed as a trophy by the person you care about because you’re thin.

Thin privilege is being viewed as a "trophy" and not an actual person.

Offline Lithp

• The Beast
« Reply #532 on: July 16, 2013, 11:56:16 pm »
Thin privilege is being viewed as a trophy by the person you care about because you’re thin.

Thin privilege is being viewed as a "trophy" and not an actual person.

Textbook example of why I think the whole premise of thisisthinprivilege is flawed.

Distind

« Reply #533 on: July 17, 2013, 07:49:29 am »
I want this to be a poe:
BIOLOGICAL SEX IS A CISSEXIST TRANSPHOBIC CONCEPT AND YOU SHOULD JUST STOP USING IT.
Don't really think it is.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #534 on: July 17, 2013, 08:08:33 am »
I want this to be a poe:
BIOLOGICAL SEX IS A CISSEXIST TRANSPHOBIC CONCEPT AND YOU SHOULD JUST STOP USING IT.
Don't really think it is.

Full thing's better:

Only thing I agree with is it's weird as fuck to refer to genitals as "sex". What you do with them with other people is sex.

« Last Edit: July 17, 2013, 08:10:18 am by Booker DeWitt »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #535 on: July 17, 2013, 08:43:41 am »

What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #536 on: July 17, 2013, 10:57:46 am »
Well, they're right about one thing. Me and my best friend are not in our right minds. Though I can't tell which is better: the post or the description of the blog.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #537 on: July 17, 2013, 04:13:30 pm »
I kind of agree with this one, actually, if I'm reading it right. I don't like traditional, binary gender rolls telling me what I can and can't like, what I can and can't wear, how I can and can't act.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #538 on: July 17, 2013, 04:27:53 pm »
On the other hand this person is basically complaining about other people wanting to express certain traits because they want to, chalking it up to "Gender Norms"
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Distind

« Reply #539 on: July 17, 2013, 05:11:30 pm »
I kind of agree with this one, actually, if I'm reading it right. I don't like traditional, binary gender rolls telling me what I can and can't like, what I can and can't wear, how I can and can't act.
I could roll with it in the right context. It's actually one of the things that gets my goat in some conversations. You are who you are, not who you look like or who you act like. Forcing yourself into a role isn't going to help anyone. Do what you feel you should do. Though in some cases that'll probably be nothing, in which case force yourself to do something useful like learn or clean.

Though it's probably in a less favorable, more demeaning context aimed at people who are simply doing their thing and managing to offend someone in the process.