Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1533360 times)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #135 on: July 06, 2013, 12:41:16 am »
...What?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #136 on: July 06, 2013, 12:47:49 am »
...What?
Sorry, I've had enough of over-reactions to anything that can be slightly seen as "ableist" and have a problem with the movement in general. I've seen people ganged up on by entire communities for using the terms "idiotic", "lame", "moron" and more for being "ableist". Additionally, if racism is discriminating over race, and sexism is over sex, then ableism should be discrimination by ability. But it's not. It's douchebags discriminating against the disabled. Therefore, it should be disableism. Let alone the idiots who are against the term "disabled" because it's not "empowering" and prefer "differently abled", which sounds like mutants in X-Men, not people who have lost the ability to do certain things. Good cause, stupid people ruining it.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #137 on: July 06, 2013, 01:15:24 am »
I work as a homecare aide. The girl I'm currently aiding for absolute hates the term "differently abled" because it's so condescending.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #138 on: July 06, 2013, 01:20:16 am »
Physically challenged....is that considered offensive, now?
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #139 on: July 06, 2013, 01:35:02 am »
"Disabled" seems to be the most common term.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #140 on: July 06, 2013, 01:42:34 am »
I work as a homecare aide. The girl I'm currently aiding for absolute hates the term "differently abled" because it's so condescending.
Yeah, there are some idiots who actually support it. I hate discrimination against the disabled, but the ableism movement is perhaps the worst way to deal with it. It's like electing a clearly not-all-there cowboy wanna-be again after he cheated in the last election.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #141 on: July 06, 2013, 01:47:03 am »

Yup, that's about it. Disabled simply indicates that the individual has some sort of condition that makes it harder for them to operate according to normal rules. It's also useful because it applies to both physical and mental disabilities. (People always are surprised when I say I'm disabled. Physically, I'm fine, but mentally, I've got Asperger's Syndrome AND Anxiety Disorder.)
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #142 on: July 06, 2013, 02:00:00 am »

Yup, that's about it. Disabled simply indicates that the individual has some sort of condition that makes it harder for them to operate according to normal rules. It's also useful because it applies to both physical and mental disabilities. (People always are surprised when I say I'm disabled. Physically, I'm fine, but mentally, I've got Asperger's Syndrome AND Anxiety Disorder.)
Yeah, people normally forget about mental disabilities.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #143 on: July 06, 2013, 08:09:44 am »
It's just the natural progress of the euphemism treadmill. "Retard" used to be a polite description.

I distinctly remember women in Canada.
Are you sure? The only way you can tell for ten months of the year is by the colour of the parka.

Never has greater slander been laid at Canadian women.
I know the legends tell of the great Canadian women who's charm, beauty, and intellect greatly surpass those of all other women in the world but it's just a legend so all you men (and women) shouldn't bother coming here to try and one to woo and take home with you.  <_<

Besides, they'll melt if taken from their natural habitat.

Fairly sure I met her a couple of times, yeah.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #144 on: July 06, 2013, 08:32:27 pm »

I-- what?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #145 on: July 06, 2013, 08:36:05 pm »

I-- what?
She's saying she went to a "Slutty Halloween Party" and got dissed for not being slutty enough, but she wore it because she feels she's fat and was afraid of getting dissed if she went in something more slutty. I have a feeling this girl might actually be anorexic, not fat. I don't quite see the male privilege or slut shaming, since it was really shaming her for not being slutty and, as far as I know, it's woman-on-woman.

• The Beast
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #146 on: July 06, 2013, 08:38:38 pm »
So, some chick posted this:

And in response, a bunch of wankers sent her these messages:

Why? Because apparently, she's fetishizing Japan by wanting to visit it or something.

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #147 on: July 06, 2013, 10:44:11 pm »

I-- what?
She's saying she went to a "Slutty Halloween Party" and got dissed for not being slutty enough, but she wore it because she feels she's fat and was afraid of getting dissed if she went in something more slutty. I have a feeling this girl might actually be anorexic, not fat. I don't quite see the male privilege or slut shaming, since it was really shaming her for not being slutty and, as far as I know, it's woman-on-woman.

I know what she's saying and I'm saying it makes no sense to go to a party you know you won't like going to. And the "I-- what" is in general the fact that they're saying it's thin privilege to dress up in such a costume and not get mocked. Which is ridiculous.

Everything you said is the whole point I posted it.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #148 on: July 06, 2013, 10:54:46 pm »

I-- what?

I know what she's saying and I'm saying it makes no sense to go to a party you know you won't like going to. And the "I-- what" is in general the fact that they're saying it's thin privilege to dress up in such a costume and not get mocked. Which is ridiculous.

Everything you said is the whole point I posted it.
Oh, okay. I think I can safely say my ability to interpret meaning and emotion in text is rather bad. And, yeah, it is rather stupid. The only thing I can think of to make it make sense is a friend dragging her there.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #149 on: July 06, 2013, 11:07:38 pm »
Yeah. If she knew the type of party logically she shouldn't have gone. Unless she wanted to prove some kind of point. Which is doubtful.

None of it is thin privilege anyhow. I'm sure a thin person in a lion costume would get mocked just as much.

So, some chick posted this:

And in response, a bunch of wankers sent her these messages:

Why? Because apparently, she's fetishizing Japan by wanting to visit it or something.

I can't wait until someone gets onto me for reblogging or posting something innocuous like that. It'll be fun.

&