Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1533321 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2013, 03:00:07 am »
I remember one time, several years ago, my friend and I came back to her car to discover that she had a flat tire. Neither of us knew how to change it, so we sat there for around ten minutes trying to figure it out until my friend let out a frustrated cry of "FUCK!" Almost immediately, this random dude appeared and offered to change the tire for us. He also explained how to do it, so my friend wouldn't get stuck like that in the future. This wasn't some rare moment of kindess, either -- people in this city are generally pretty good about helping out when someone is in need.

I really wonder how paranoia-mongers like Michigan dude or "Don't talk to women!" chick would respond to something like that. See it as an outlier? Freak about it being inappropriate, regardless of intention? Assume the guy was sexist for wanting to help a woman? Shoot the good Samaritan?
All of the above. See him as an oddity, still feel it's sexist and therefore inappropriate, and then shoot them.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #121 on: July 05, 2013, 03:12:44 am »
I distinctly remember women in Canada.
Are you sure? The only way you can tell for ten months of the year is by the colour of the parka.

Never has greater slander been laid at Canadian women.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #122 on: July 05, 2013, 03:20:13 am »
Are you sure? The only way you can tell for ten months of the year is by the colour of the parka.

[lexluthor]WRONG![/lexluthor] Someone's likely mistaken them for Americans before. That's the greatest slander any Canadian can face.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #123 on: July 05, 2013, 10:25:52 am »
I remember one time, several years ago, my friend and I came back to her car to discover that she had a flat tire. Neither of us knew how to change it, so we sat there for around ten minutes trying to figure it out until my friend let out a frustrated cry of "FUCK!" Almost immediately, this random dude appeared and offered to change the tire for us. He also explained how to do it, so my friend wouldn't get stuck like that in the future. This wasn't some rare moment of kindess, either -- people in this city are generally pretty good about helping out when someone is in need.

I really wonder how paranoia-mongers like Michigan dude or "Don't talk to women!" chick would respond to something like that. See it as an outlier? Freak about it being inappropriate, regardless of intention? Assume the guy was sexist for wanting to help a woman? Shoot the good Samaritan?

That's just it.  HOW do these people function in everyday situations when they freak out and think everyone is out to get them?
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #124 on: July 05, 2013, 10:39:05 am »

Oh dear goddess. There are just some things you have to ignore/let slide. This person doesn't know how.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #125 on: July 05, 2013, 08:53:43 pm »

Likely the last one. To someone who doesn't even want people to talk to them out of terror, a person approaching out of nowhere (especially alone) with an offer of help would likely be immediately viewed as a rapist and assaulted.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #126 on: July 05, 2013, 08:54:16 pm »

I know the legends tell of the great Canadian women who's charm, beauty, and intellect greatly surpass those of all other women in the world but it's just a legend so all you men (and women) shouldn't bother coming here to try and one to woo and take home with you.  <_<

Besides, they'll melt if taken from their natural habitat.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #127 on: July 05, 2013, 09:32:47 pm »
Sorry Mojo, but the one thing I remember best about a four day stay in Toronto long ago was my neck ached from swiveling to look back at all the gorgeous women I passed on the street.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #128 on: July 05, 2013, 10:05:50 pm »
Fucking Montreal, man. Every woman there looks like a supermodel. I felt so inadequate the last time I was a out there.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #129 on: July 05, 2013, 10:13:09 pm »
Fucking Montreal, man. Every woman there looks like a supermodel. I felt so inadequate the last time I was a out there.

Has the forum ever actually seen what you look like?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #130 on: July 05, 2013, 10:28:20 pm »

Has the forum ever actually seen what you look like?

No, but this is a fairly accurate drawing of me:

"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

QueenofHearts

« Reply #131 on: July 05, 2013, 10:29:34 pm »
HAWT!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #132 on: July 05, 2013, 10:31:22 pm »
I'd do her.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #133 on: July 05, 2013, 11:58:47 pm »

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #134 on: July 06, 2013, 12:28:01 am »

While I find fictionkin and otherkin and therans fine, ableism is bullshit. Not because people don't discriminate against the disabled. That's real. No, because it's the same thing as calling them "differently abled". Originally, I parodied the Dead Parrot sketch here, but it was going to far. The problem is, it's discrimination based on disability. Without falling back into that Dead Parrot parody, they are disabled. Not differently abled, not specially abled, none of that. They do not have super powers. Trying to remove the phrase "disabled" is like trying to get rid of "African-American" and replace it with "differently colored". It's stupid. Disabled is not an insult, but some think it is because it dares to highlight the fact that they cannot do the same things as non-disabled individuals. However, if you can do everything we can, then you don't need protected status. Or in other words, call it discrimination by disability, or disableism, but ableism sounds like you're discriminating against people for their abilities. Or in other words, you sound like an X-Men villain. Which is stupid.