Author Topic: Tommy Robinson trainwreck  (Read 1214 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Tommy Robinson trainwreck
« on: June 16, 2018, 12:12:18 am »
In case you haven't paid attention to this here's a short recap:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tommy_Robinson_%28activist%29

British racist and laughingstock Stephen Christopher Yaxley-Lennon who has also been known by several pseudonyms, most recently as "Tommy Robinson" has had a long career being racist. He founded the English Defense League and then moved from one racist organization to another. Most recently he's been getting publicity for ending up in prison because of contempt of court.

...Although his buddies in the Right-wing groups like to say that he was just reporting news.

You see, Tommy-boy has been going to courtrooms and putting out videos on the net where he lies about the defendants and tries to create more hate against Muslims. Courts saw this as attempting to influence jury and also there are laws and rules about what you can report about on-going court cases... Tommy-boy got an order to stop doing this silly business or else... And he continued doing it and is now in jail.

...And racists on the net are now crying about "freedom of speech" because their pal wasn't allowed to influence the jury and spread lies. Racists got another martyr for their cause and now other racists lie that Tommy-boy is in a prison that has 71% Muslim population (actually it's less than 3%)

https://bernardmedia.org/2018/06/15/paul-joseph-watson-caught-red-handed-lying-about-tommy-robinsons-71-muslim-prison/
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Re: Tommy Robinson trainwreck
« Reply #1 on: June 16, 2018, 12:36:46 am »
An Infowars personality making things up? Well imagine my shock.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 12:40:08 am by Lana Reverse »
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: June 16, 2018, 03:14:45 pm »
The UK's freedom of speech laws are...lacking.

Ironbite-in fact they're almost non-existent over there.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2018, 09:00:52 pm »
An Infowars personality making things up? Well imagine my shock.

So, side note: I hate that this fucker is a professional "journalist" and he doesn't even know how to frame a shot. One of the first things they teach you in probably the first video production class you take is to not cut off the top of your head, the rule of thirds and how to make a background frame your head.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 02:32:33 am by Cloud3514 »
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2018, 12:26:16 am »
Just because you can't, as a journalist, reveal certain facts about an ongoing case (or lie about them as he also did) doesn't mean that UK has no freedom of speech.

In fact, what with the whole "innocent until proven guilty" I think I prefer laws where you leave some privacy for both the defendants and the victims.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2018, 03:55:33 am »
UK's had some free speech flubs as recent as this year. This is not one of them. Tommy and his InfoWars buddy PJW are both complete imbeciles.