Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 275441 times)

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #1260 on: April 13, 2016, 01:46:36 pm »
There's, like, 6 good episodes of TOS.

That's still 6 more good episodes than Enterprise - oh no I didant!  In all seriousness though even when TOS is at it's worst I still find it oddly likable because of it's weird, slightly campy, 60's badness charm.  It's almost endearing, even adorable. I just can't stay mad at TOS with all it's hammy acting, casual sexism and inexplicably purple lighting.

We don't talk about that hippy episode though.  Or Spock's Brain.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1261 on: April 14, 2016, 09:40:48 am »
Eeh, you see campy 60s narm and I just see something that just hasn't aged well, it just ends up making me cringe.  Not as bad as a certain duo of Adult Swim fame who received multiple shows and shall remain unnamed because they don't deserve recognition for their non-existent talent, but still cringey.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1262 on: April 14, 2016, 11:46:21 am »
I actually don't know what you're referencing, I'm not too familiar with many Adult Swim shows.

But hey look at this, I'm about to make an on topic post again!  I haven't made many of those over the last few days.

So anyways, saw Noah coz it was a 2 star rated film on Netflix and I can't resist such things.  Guess what?  It's fucking terrible.  Even setting aside Noah probably being the stupidest story in the Bible this film is dumb.  It's not even faithful to the original source material so I'm not sure who the target audience was.  And of course being about a bunch of early humans in the Middle East every single actor in it is white.  Because when I'm thinking of who would be a perfect choice to play a Middle Eastern man from that period I immediately think of Ray-fucking-Winston.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #1263 on: April 22, 2016, 10:49:15 pm »
The Big Lebowski, as its free on Amazon for prime members now!
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1264 on: May 09, 2016, 03:00:52 pm »
Captain america: Civil war.

It's not a surprise that Marvel movie is a good one, these days at least. I liked how they manage to juggle a huge amount of characters. Each of the heroes gets a moment to shine even if Rogers and few other main characters spend most of the time in the limelight.

(click to show/hide)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #1265 on: May 12, 2016, 12:58:40 pm »
I really like Zootopia. It has a lot of world building potential.

Say, I got a coupon in the mail. Two for one at my local Grand Theater. The films that are off the table are Civil War, Finding Dory and Through The Looking Glass. Any suggestions?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1266 on: May 12, 2016, 02:00:40 pm »
Captain America: Civil War.  Great Superhero movie, takes the hero vs hero thing and makes it so much better then Dawn of Justice, and is just a fun romp.  Flaws?  Yeah.  But it's easy to overlook those flaws when it does everything else so right.

Offline Lady Evil

• Bishop
« Reply #1267 on: May 13, 2016, 12:42:27 pm »
There's, like, 6 good episodes of TOS.

That's still 6 more good episodes than Enterprise - oh no I didant!  In all seriousness though even when TOS is at it's worst I still find it oddly likable because of it's weird, slightly campy, 60's badness charm.  It's almost endearing, even adorable. I just can't stay mad at TOS with all it's hammy acting, casual sexism and inexplicably purple lighting.

We don't talk about that hippy episode though.  Or Spock's Brain.

Spock's Brain at least crosses into So Bad It's Good territory. No such luck with The Alternative Factor. That ep was just crap. The only good thing about it is right after it aired City on the Edge of Forever, one of the best episodes.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1268 on: May 18, 2016, 10:03:35 am »
Kinjite.  It's a Cannon film and it's both shit and offensive, surprise surprise.  But if you ever wanted a film where Charles Bronson  shoves a dildo up a suspect's ass then you're in luck, you fucking weirdo.

And wtf was up with Cannon making so many films about rape?

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1269 on: May 26, 2016, 02:35:24 pm »
X-men Apocalypse.

It's alright I guess.  Not great, not terrible.  Which is a shame when the previous two films were fantastic.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #1270 on: May 26, 2016, 08:21:47 pm »
I really like Zootopia. It has a lot of world building potential.

Say, I got a coupon in the mail. Two for one at my local Grand Theater. The films that are off the table are Civil War, Finding Dory and Through The Looking Glass. Any suggestions?

Zootopia is my fuckin' jam right now, the characters are just too adorbs to handle. am I a furry now?

Also saw new Captain America recently. friendly reminder that Zemo did nothing wrong.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1271 on: May 30, 2016, 07:30:41 am »
Civil war gives all the characters actually pretty good motives. You can argue over which of them is the best but you have to admit that all the motives make sense for each of the characters. Some motives are extremely personal and emotional but they still make sense for the character in question.

Meanwhile, Superman v Batman has fascism vs ...Different fascism and the motivations don't even make sense internally.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1272 on: June 03, 2016, 03:39:13 am »
After finding out that this scene is not in the film I am no longer certain if I will even bother watching the Warcraft film...

Offline lord gibbon

• That Weird Guy in the Corner
  • The Beast
  • living trivia machine
« Reply #1273 on: August 26, 2016, 10:40:59 pm »
RISE FROM YOUR GRAVE, THREAD!

Kubo and the Two Strings is an absolute masterpiece and everyone should go se it now. It's been over two hours since I finished, and I'm still in a state of awe. I'm honestly not sure what else to say, since it's hard to pick out what's good when the whole thing is glorious.
Excuse me, sir, do you have a minute to talk about your lord and savior, Hannibal Barca?

Quote from: Seneca
Religion is regarded by the common man as true, by the wise man as false, and by the powerful man as useful
Yeah, if the pagans are so smart, why did Jesus invade Pagan-land on the back of a dragon and kill them all!

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1274 on: October 18, 2016, 12:36:35 pm »
The Ben-Hur re-remake...or is it a re-re-remake?  I can't fucking keep track.

Anyway, watching this film only confirms there is no reason for it to exist.