Author Topic: Last Movie You Watched?  (Read 274654 times)

Offline Sixth Monarchist

• God
  • The spirit of 1776.
Re: Last Movie You Watched?
« Reply #1020 on: August 06, 2014, 04:34:22 pm »
(click to show/hide)
Marvel reviews, "Last Movie You Watched", p. 75-76.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1021 on: August 06, 2014, 04:43:01 pm »
Guardians of the Galaxy.  That's twice now that Marvel has pleasantly suprised me with a movie that I wasn't expecting high things from. In fact, not only did I not have high expectations but I thought I would actually hate this film.  Now, I'm not convinced this film is as good as everyone else seems to be saying it is but damn that was a fun ride.

It has also occured to me that 3 of the best movies I've seen this year so far are comic book movies. Not only that but they aren't among the best simply by comparison with everything else I've seen being a bit shit; they were genuinely excellent films on their own merits.  This is a strange time in which we live.  Strange, but awesome.

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1022 on: August 06, 2014, 08:16:18 pm »
It has also occured to me that 3 of the best movies I've seen this year so far are comic book movies. Not only that but they aren't among the best simply by comparison with everything else I've seen being a bit shit; they were genuinely excellent films on their own merits.  This is a strange time in which we live.  Strange, but awesome.

Lemme guess, none of them were DC movies?
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1023 on: August 07, 2014, 01:09:39 am »

Yup (have any DC movies even come out this year?) all Marvel.  Well, more accurately 2 Marvel movies and one Fox movie with Marvel characters (Days of Future Past) .

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1024 on: August 07, 2014, 02:22:06 am »
"Jack Frost", a direct-to-video horromedy about a serial killer transformed into a snowman. Yeah...
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #1025 on: August 07, 2014, 03:28:20 am »
I rewatched the Avengers and noticed something funny: in Natasha's first scene (the interrogation), she manages to disable an attacker by flipping her hair in his face. Yes, she's supposed to have hit him with the back of her head, but it's just funnier to think that she can defeat someone by whipping her hair back.
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
« Reply #1026 on: August 07, 2014, 05:46:24 pm »

Yup (have any DC movies even come out this year?) all Marvel.  Well, more accurately 2 Marvel movies and one Fox movie with Marvel characters (Days of Future Past) .

Actually, you're right. I was thinking Man of Steel, but that released last summer.

Marvel is pumping out more than one movie a year with strong female and minority characters and incorporating tons of minor characters, continuity nods, and basing movies on their more obscure properties. Meanwhile, DC struggles for a year or more to scrape up a single gritty grimdark adaptation of the exact same two superheroes they've made movies of for decades and rebooting after two or three films. They won't even give Wonder Woman here own film yet.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline R. U. Sirius

• He Who Must Be Smooched By Cute FSTDT Forumgirls
  • The Beast
  • Just look at me. Who could distrust this face?
« Reply #1027 on: August 07, 2014, 09:14:58 pm »
Guardians of the Galaxy. Loved it, but was severely disappointed at the lack of Zoe Saldana toplessness, even if only from the back. False advertising, I say!
http://www.gofundme.com/kw5o78
My GoFundMe campaign. Donations are greatly appreciated.

http://imgur.com/user/RUSirius1/submitted
My Imgur account. Upvotes always appreciated

If you look at it logically, cannibalism has great potential to simultaneously solve our overpopulation and food shortage problems.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1028 on: August 07, 2014, 09:26:54 pm »
Guardians of the Galaxy.

Ironbite-We are Groot.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1029 on: August 07, 2014, 11:13:25 pm »
Planning on seeing that tomorrow with the roomie, as well as enjoying the weather.  Oh yes, so looking forward to it.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline Katsuro

• The Beast
« Reply #1030 on: August 10, 2014, 06:34:15 am »
Dawn of the Planet of the Apes.

It's excellent, basically.  It's also interesting to me the fact that a bunch of CGI apes felt more like real people and provoked more genuine emotion and sympathy from me than any of the actual human beings in Transformers 4...hell, they did that better than the human characters in a lot of movies.

Be warned though this is a movie about characters and story, this is not an action movie (even though these is action towards the end).  If you're expecting a "monkey shooty shooty go bang bang" film you're gonna have a bad time, which I think was the case with the fucking twat who sat next to me, who was fidgeting and yawning and sighing with boredem like you'd expect from a fucking 4 year old not a grown man there with his girlfriend (as you might be able to tell this fuckwad really pissed me off).
« Last Edit: August 10, 2014, 06:39:30 am by Katsuro »

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1031 on: August 12, 2014, 03:46:24 am »
I've been on a Kamen Rider watching spree, just got done with the one released just last March.

Offline I am lizard

• The Beast
    • https://www.instagram.com/p/9SIHifrULJ/
« Reply #1032 on: August 14, 2014, 01:57:09 am »
Guardians.

I think it was good, I was to emotionally exhausted to tell.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #1033 on: August 14, 2014, 02:24:20 am »
I've been on a Kamen Rider watching spree, just got done with the one released just last March.

Last...march?  OH KAMEN RIDER TAISEN!

Ironbite-it subbed?

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1034 on: August 14, 2014, 03:00:19 am »

Last...march?  OH KAMEN RIDER TAISEN!

Ironbite-it subbed?

Yeah, Showa v Heisei.

No, but my wife and I have been weabooing long enough to pick up enough out of context.