Author Topic: Catholic Archbishop refuses to report kiddie fiddling priests  (Read 1917 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
The Australia Catholic Archbishop of Melbourne, Denis Hart justified not dobbing in kiddie fiddling padres to the coppers by invoking the sanctity of confession and saying...

...sexual abuse was “a spiritual encounter with God through the priest” and was “of a higher order” than criminal law.

Here's the old bastard justifying his non reporting if you have intestinal fortitude to sit through it.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3TrGcOZ-n0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3TrGcOZ-n0</a>

Correction: He didn't say that pedophilia was an encounter with God, he did however justify not reporting child molesting priests under the sactity of confession. Title amended to reflect this.

« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 06:38:22 pm by Tolpuddle Martyr »

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
Re: Catholic Archbishop refuses to report kiddie fiddling priests
« Reply #1 on: March 14, 2018, 04:24:28 am »
I'm pretty sure the bible has a bunch of stuff in it about how hurting kids will get you sent to hell/should be worth the death penalty.

I don't know which passages say this off the top of my head, but I do distinctly recall it. Might have something to do with millstones around peoples necks too iirc.

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
« Reply #2 on: March 14, 2018, 10:55:23 am »
And yet the Vatican still thinks it has the right to determine sexual morals.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2018, 07:44:37 pm »
And yet the Vatican still thinks it has the right to determine sexual morals.

Fixed that for ya.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SomeApe

• Bishop
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2018, 06:41:33 am »
I'm pretty sure the bible has a bunch of stuff in it about how hurting kids will get you sent to hell/should be worth the death penalty.

Au contraire.
Check out Psalm 137:9.
Or any of the genocides in the OT. Children never get spared, except they are virgin girls, and you can imagine why...
just your regular ape

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #5 on: March 24, 2018, 12:17:58 pm »

Au contraire.
Check out Psalm 137:9.
Or any of the genocides in the OT. Children never get spared, except they are virgin girls, and you can imagine why...

It's almost like a bunch of horny old guys were making up the rules as they went along.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #6 on: March 24, 2018, 03:11:17 pm »
I wish God was real so he'd take out these pedo priests post haste.