Author Topic: Skyrim Thread  (Read 46988 times)

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
Re: Skyrim Thread
« Reply #90 on: February 05, 2012, 05:50:24 am »
Speech is still pretty low.  I'm doing the Dark Brotherhood quests before the Thieves quests.  My base of oporations is Whiterun, so I've been using the blacksmith and general store to buy and sell.  I'm also using irion daggers because they're cheap but you can get some good $ selling them. 

I haven't taken any of the Speech perks yet; I've put them all into the perks for Sneak, One Handed, Light Armor, Archery, Smithing, and Enchantment.

I've done quite well for myself making potions to level alchemy, so there's that.  No speech perks.  I haven't had money problems due to lack of sellable items (potions and enchanted daggers).  All my money problems come from merchants not having enough money when you clean them out.

Offline CaseAgainstFaith

• Pope
  • Smartass with a Dunce Hat
« Reply #91 on: February 05, 2012, 10:04:09 am »
Guys look at this new Skyrim Textures Mod!  The realism is just insane!  I SOOOO can't wait!

http://imgur.com/a/n07pn

Taken from http://www.reddit.com/r/skyrim/comments/pbc3w/my_upcoming_skyrim_enb_visual_realism_and/
Reasoning with a fundie is like playing chess with a pigeon; no matter how good I am at chess, the pigeon is just going to knock over the pieces, crap on the board and strut around like it is victorious - Anonymous
Let us drink like dwarves; Smoke like wizards and party like hobbits!

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #92 on: February 05, 2012, 01:09:55 pm »
And all with only a 9739047GB download!
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #93 on: February 08, 2012, 03:11:01 am »
...And so now, I am joining the ranks of the Dovahkiin :D
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2012, 10:03:24 pm »
Just thought about somethin...

(click to show/hide)

Least, that's my take on it.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #95 on: February 09, 2012, 10:36:28 pm »
Just thought about somethin...

(click to show/hide)

Least, that's my take on it.
(click to show/hide)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #96 on: February 10, 2012, 06:22:01 am »
Just had 2 dragons show up at the same time!  I had fast-traveled to Markath and was heading toward the house where the Forsworn like to camp out when the first one hit.  Since I wasn't in shape to fight, I ran, only to see a second circling nearby.  Right after the first one got killed, the second swooped in and attacked.  It took me three tries to finally win, but on the third, the second dragon never appeared.  Bummer, I could've used the dragon scales to sell.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #97 on: February 10, 2012, 11:57:05 am »
Is there a list of mods for Skyrim I can find?
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline shadowpanther

• Sod it, this'll do.
  • Bishop
  • FOR SCIENCE!
« Reply #98 on: February 10, 2012, 12:39:54 pm »
Fight Spam! Click Here!
"Kick logic to the curb and do the impossible!"- Kamina, Gurren Lagann.

"Telling someone they know a lot is like telling a man with a few grains of sand clinging to him that he possess much sand."-Stephen Fry

They say an Englishman's home is his castle; which is handy as my home IS a castle and I LAUGH from the top of the turrets.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #99 on: February 18, 2012, 11:44:32 am »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ3JPi7qXZs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bJ3JPi7qXZs</a>
Duet Harmony of Tale of the Tongues

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #100 on: February 20, 2012, 05:50:21 pm »
I just found the weirdest glitch. 

I was using whirlwind sprint to get to the Companions' Blacksmith for some buying and selling.  After I was done, Farkas ran up to me with his weapon drawn.  But instead of threatening me, he just had his basic conversation.  I went through all the options and walked away, only for him to follow me and continually initiate the conversation.

I left Whiterun and ran down to the farms, then tried to fast-travel to Riften for more trading, but it told me I couldn't when guards were pursuing me.  Well, I approached a guard, seeing if I had accidently p***ed someone off, but he just greeted me and walked away.

I turned around and suddenly saw Farkas running toward me, weapon drawn, again.  And again, he kept with his basic conversation.  I had to stab him before I could get away (Luckily, I didn't get a bounty for it.).  I could then FT, but when I returned to Whiterun, he was at it again.

I'm thinking the game accidently flagged him as a guard, and the only way I can get him away from me is to gut him.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #101 on: February 20, 2012, 06:15:53 pm »
The mods are for PC only right?

Anyhow, I fucked up Geirmund's Hall and forgot to pick up the amulet fragment.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)