Author Topic: Skyrim Thread  (Read 44985 times)

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
Re: Skyrim Thread
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2012, 08:14:33 am »
Oh, I plan to get that if I keep the wolf form.  I just don't know if I want to keep it or not.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2012, 10:57:56 am »
How do you get in to beastform? I could never figure it out.

Offline ThunderWulf

• Strange, even crazy, but never dull
  • The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2012, 11:10:51 am »
How do you get in to beastform? I could never figure it out.

It's under your daily powers in the magic menu.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"hehehehe. you said member." ~ Shepard/Booker
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2012, 06:08:32 pm »
Well I'll keep it for now (I still have the witch heads in case I change my mind).

Interesting event that unfolded;  I had justed completed the main quest where Alduin raises another dragon and you kill it.  I was walking away when I saw some people running down the street.  I spoke with one of them, and he said they were running from bandits who stole his moonstone necklace.  I offered to get it for him and took off. 

I managed to easily slaughter the bandots and return the guy's necklace, while he and his group were camped outside of Riften.  Suddenly a dragon showed up!  I helped kill the dragon when suddenly they all turned on me (Apparently one stray arrow hit a non-dragon).  Then guards joined in the fight.  I took off running when I ran right into those forest spirits.  Changing into wolf form, I hauled out of there and teleported the first chance I got.

I guess I now have a bounty on my head in Riften, even though the fighting took place outside of it.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2012, 10:01:29 pm »
That's one thing that amuses me about random dragons in this game, is they can cause some serious anarchy.
a.k.a. TGRwulf
"it's kind of like my right left hand on a sunday every night. How so? It beats the fuck out of me!" ~ Saturn500
"Drinking, fighting, fucking...they basically outlawed 99% of the lifestyle of your typical Irishman.  Much less your typical Viking." ~ RavynousHunter

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #35 on: January 15, 2012, 06:00:32 am »
I'm beginning to see that.  I think I'll go back today.  Maybe they forgot all about it.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #36 on: January 15, 2012, 03:59:57 pm »
It doesn't matter if it happened outside of the city. If guards from Riften City catch you you get a bounty. The areas you can get a bounty extend further than the city walls.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #37 on: January 15, 2012, 05:56:27 pm »
Well, I reentered the city, and sure enough, the first guard to see me busted me.  However, he agreed to walk away if I paid off my bounty . . . of 40 gold.  I paid up and walked away without further problems.

I got to kill another dragon in some small haven, and this time, I watched my shots.  Now that I have a couple more souls, I need to find some more word walls. 

Too bad my vacation ends tonight. :(

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #38 on: January 16, 2012, 12:00:23 am »
Man. I'm seriously finding Illusion spells to be a bit wanky for a pure mage. Its probably only really useful for a thief. Also its taking me ages to raise my Alteration level, just as bad as Conjuration.

Also, I tried going as a vampire. That did not work out well. I'm always friggin resting
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
« Reply #39 on: January 16, 2012, 05:14:45 am »
I'm not too fond of magic in this game.  I just don't find too many spells useful.  The only one I've used is Healing (sometimes Flame, but it's too weak to be really useful).

Offline ThunderWulf

• The Beast
  • By Odin's beard!
« Reply #40 on: January 16, 2012, 09:17:32 pm »
Flame leveled up with dual casting fusion and knockback is epic.
a.k.a. TGRwulf

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #41 on: January 17, 2012, 03:44:29 am »

bahahahah

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #42 on: January 17, 2012, 07:35:03 am »
I put aside my first playthrough (Orc, heavy armor, 1-handed, destruction) to start another one (Wood Elf, Archery, 1-handed dual wielding, Light Armor, Stealth). I'll come back to the first playthrough later to finish the Companions and Mages College.

After looking at the house options, I decided to pass on the one in Whiterun and save my money for the one in Riften. It seemed like an easy one to get, and there's more stuff you can buy for it. I go as far as killing the first dragon in Whiterun, then head out to Riften (via Windhelm to start the Dark Brotherhood). I do the two quests that the Wiki said have to be done to get the house. I have the 5000 gold for the house. And...nothing. After a closer look at the wiki and guidebook, I realize I have to do quests for people in the town before I can get the house. So I fast traveled back to Whiterun to buy that house (to store all my crap) and started working on the quests for the people of Riften.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #43 on: January 17, 2012, 08:01:16 am »
Oh hey you know how on the old forums someone posted a 'cover version' of the bard songs and it was just ripped from the sound files? Well, I found a true covering of the songs in Skyrim!

Age of Oppression:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZK8W4LXcyU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZK8W4LXcyU</a>

Tale of the Tongues:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj-MDRkh4x0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dj-MDRkh4x0</a>

The Dragonborn Comes:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o30HGMuz5U0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o30HGMuz5U0</a>

&

Offline Normandy

• Pope
« Reply #44 on: January 17, 2012, 11:34:07 pm »