Author Topic: Made of win!  (Read 5070 times)

Offline rosenewock21

• The Snuffleupagus of the Satanic Sesame Street
  • God
  • Holder of the sleepy time rag
Made of win!
« on: January 22, 2012, 06:20:23 am »
I think we need a thread to celebrate people who are made of win. We've all been scrolling through other forums or the comments sections of a news article, rolling our eyes at the idiots posting, when we stumble upon someone who is made of win. Someone who takes their stance in such an intelligent or funny way that we can't help but want to hug them or buy them a round.

I'd like to start us off with a quote from Justin, OKC. The very quote that made me want to make this thread.

I would be interested to see if Mike Reynolds or other people that support this legislation could identify a “person” under this new broad definition. I would like some cell biologists to set up a practicum for these legislators that want to redefine personhood to include a clumps of cells and undeveloped fetuses. The first part of the practicum would be to look at various cell lines under a microscope and identify which one is a person. Some could be fish embryos, mice embryos and other various species and of course what they want identified as people, human embryos. We could also include cultures including bacteria and fungi and cell lines from different human and animal tissues. Among the hundred or so samples we can include five “persons”. If these legislators can’t identify “persons” with a high degree of accuracy, I say their new definition is bunk.

The second part of the practicum will be to look at fetuses from different species at an early stage of development and identify which one is a person. Again there can be a hundred or so examples with five being “persons” and the rest being anything from cats to dolphins. If these legislators can’t accurately identify the “persons” then again I say the definition is bunk. And since most conservatives have a strong aversion to science, I predict that most of them wouldn’t be able to identify persons using their own definition.

Read more: http://newsok.com/oklahoma-lawmakers-seek-personhood-other-questions/article/3640872#ixzz1kBVRCXFf
Matthew 22:39 "And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." God's own "don't be a dick" rule.

Lithp and Vene really need to have some kind of confusing sexual encounter where Vene spends the entire session lovingly insulting Lithp's technique, then cums on his face, ruffles his hair, says, "You're all right, kid!", and then punches him in the nuts.

Offline jumpingjackflash

• Agent Swears-A-Lot Peashooter
  • Pope
  • Burn, baby, burn!
Re: Made of win!
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2012, 06:35:38 am »
ShadowOfGod, Cracked.com comments (it's faster to search for the comment if you sort the comments by votes)

I don't understand why so many people love bashing Islam at its slightest mention. If a person becomes a Muslim, and finds happiness in it, let them be Muslim. Attacking their particular version of God is not going to achieve anything, it will only lead to hate. And hate is not the default state of things, love is. So let us love both sameness and difference, and we can all together live in a much better world. Also, every religion has its obnoxious followers and its extremists. We must learn to see past this. Those who twist holy scripture for their own agenda do not define a religion.
Ok seriously, is nobody even going to try and avenge my man-burrito?