Author Topic: Worst of Social Justice  (Read 1544704 times)

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
Re: Worst of Social Justice
« Reply #8595 on: July 05, 2016, 01:50:07 pm »
What do you think about safe, consensual BDSM? Where both parties have receive sexual pleasure from the acts being preformed. Not talking about rape BDSM, just like slapping and handcuffs and stuff.

BDSM romanticizes physical abuse and power imbalances within relationships to a dangerous point. Regardless of whether it is consensual or not, it is still harmful.

To borrow from bbrightstar:

“The WORST part is women buy into this shit and don’t think 50 Shades represents the fundamental roles *that BDSM is built upon* which are utilized to indoctrinate women into the oppressed class on a global scale. This is the reality for females regardless of whether or not they “consent”. You cannot have “equality” let alone liberation when you celebrate toxic systems of masculinity and femininity, powerful and powerless, rapist and raped, abuser and abused, dominance and submission, masochism and sadomasochism, oppressor and oppressed. ”

Because femdom doesn't exist.  And lesbians never practice BDSM.

Earlier this year, a coworker of mine got through a really bad day by reminding herself that her girlfriend had promised to let her do "anything she wanted" to her when she got home...

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8596 on: July 05, 2016, 03:43:18 pm »
Not...OH I GET IT NOW!

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #8597 on: July 08, 2016, 04:58:52 am »
I dated a girl that was into BDSM. I, however, found myself completely turned off by it. So this idea that BDSM is supposedly misogynistic is hilarious.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #8598 on: July 08, 2016, 05:08:47 am »
I dated a girl that was into BDSM. I, however, found myself completely turned off by it. So this idea that BDSM is supposedly misogynistic is hilarious.
I thought it was just weirdos who couldn't nuance that conflated BDSM with predatory sadism.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #8599 on: July 08, 2016, 11:17:00 am »
People who look down on BDSM are boring people who's sex lives never get out of missionary and never get off.  They can't understand why someone, anyone, would do the things that happen during a session and allow it to be done to them. 

Ironbite-I pity them.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8600 on: September 13, 2016, 12:26:08 am »
...When seeing that comic my first assumption was that that girl is apparently bisexual. Because that would make sense based purely on the context within the comic (I mean, I admit that I know next to nothing about the series it is based on so I could be wrong, but that's how the comic makes it seem.) but then the tumblerite suddenly goes on and assumes that she is being portrayed as a heterosexual (despite being in a relationship with another woman?) so I am confused.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #8601 on: September 13, 2016, 12:39:20 am »
The pearl bisexual/lesbian debate is one of the best things to show someone when you want to mock their fandom
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8602 on: September 13, 2016, 12:49:12 am »
Which brings up the question: Why didn't, during that long tumblr argument, anyone suggest "perhaps her sexuality isn't being erased, perhaps she is bisexual?" (Or pansexual for that matter.)
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #8603 on: September 13, 2016, 01:58:48 am »
Because FANDOM SMASH PUNY ARTIST!!!!
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Søren

• Russian Lush
  • The Beast
  • Ни шагу назад
« Reply #8604 on: September 13, 2016, 02:24:45 am »
Because its the steven universe fandom. Its the epicenter of ass pain.
Faisons lever l'étoile du mérite passé.  Le monde a besoin de lumière,  Le monde a besoin de la France,  La France a besoin de tous les Français.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #8605 on: September 13, 2016, 03:45:29 am »
You know, I truly wish I could be surprised that grown men and women are arguing so passionately about a character from a children's TV show's supposed sexuality. It just goes to show, people are fucking idiots.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8606 on: September 13, 2016, 09:10:44 am »
Sad thing is, the show isn't even that good.  Now Star vs. The Forces of Evil, that is actually pretty good.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #8607 on: September 13, 2016, 09:12:23 am »
You know, I truly wish I could be surprised that grown men and women are arguing so passionately about a character from a children's TV show's supposed sexuality. It just goes to show, people are fucking idiots.

Are you talking about My Little Pony or what?

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #8608 on: September 13, 2016, 12:55:39 pm »
Before that, even, I'm sure.  MLP may have made it (more) common knowledge, but I'd honestly be surprised if it were truly Patient Zero for such behaviour.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline TheUnknown

• The Beast
« Reply #8609 on: September 13, 2016, 02:56:49 pm »
http://pipermccloud.tumblr.com/post/150231788793/lethal-cuddles-delusionalqueer
Biphobia game strong.

The best part is that Pearl became interested in this woman because she vaguely resembled her dead ex, whom she obsesses over and has a deep infatuation with.  Not to mention that in this same episode, they flat out joke about the time Pearl almost let Steven die due to said infatuation.  Not what I'd consider a good start for a "healthy" relationship.

I've actually seen someone call someone else a lesbophobe because they referred to Pearl as "gay lady Snape".