Author Topic: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington  (Read 388076 times)

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
Re: Mr. Trump Goes to Washington
« Reply #2160 on: March 15, 2018, 06:48:32 pm »
Ben Carson's got my money.
That's a good bet. Trump probably has forgotten he even exists so he is safe for now.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2161 on: March 15, 2018, 07:14:09 pm »
https://lawandcrime.com/high-profile/prosecutors-reviewing-request-to-issue-arrest-warrant-for-trumps-new-cia-director/

Gina Haspel, Deputy Director of the CIA and Trump's nominee to head the CIA now that he has nominated current Director Mike Pompeo to be Secretary of State, was allegedly involved in torturing people and signed documents ordering that the tapes made of the torture sessions be burned.

Further, German prosecutors are seeking an arrest warrant for Haspel. If approved, Haspel would be subject to arrest immediately upon entering the European Union.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2162 on: March 15, 2018, 07:26:16 pm »
She can't leave the US and her duties as CIA Director would have to have her do that.

Ironbite-DELICIOUS!

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2163 on: March 15, 2018, 10:32:21 pm »
Schumer on Trump nominating a FUCKING WAR CRIMINAL to be CIA Director: I want to hear from her before making any decisions on whether we should vote for or against her.

And on Pompeo, the Democrats are calling for him to be more hawkish on Russia than Tillerson was--and keep in mind that there's a NATO buildup on Russia's border, US ships in the Black Sea, and multiple incidents of Russian and US places coming very close to colliding with each other. (Schumer says the same about Pompeo, and also says that he wants him to toughen up the administration's stance on Russia. Oh, and Pompeo thinks that Edward Snowden should be executed.)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zZ7Ouq3Ity4

One party says, 'I can't wait to just nominate all these war criminals, it's going to be fucking wonderful,' and the opposition party goes, 'Yeah, but those war criminals better be even more hawkish.'

If you can't come out and say, "we will record 47 votes against Haspel" when she's a FUCKING WAR CRIMINAL, what the FUCK ARE YOU GOOD FOR CHUCK SCHUMER?

EDIT: And don't forget, Trump's third major nomination (to replace McMaster as National Security Adviser) is John Bolton, who led the charge in lying the US into the illegal invasion of Iraq, and has called for the US to go to war with Iran and North Korea... simultaneously. While still engaged fully in Iraq and Afghanistan. And aiding the Saudi genocide in Yemen. And conducting drone bombings in at least 5 more countries.
« Last Edit: March 15, 2018, 10:34:08 pm by dpareja »
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #2164 on: March 16, 2018, 06:54:50 pm »
So not only is she the first woman appointed to that position, she's also the first war criminal with outstanding warrants to be appointed to that spot too?

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2165 on: March 16, 2018, 07:09:01 pm »
So not only is she the first woman appointed to that position, she's also the first war criminal with outstanding warrants to be appointed to that spot too?

I'd be pretty surprised if she's the first war criminal appointed to the position, but then I think much of what the US does outside its own borders constitutes war crimes.

As for outstanding warrants, I don't think the warrant being sought in Germany has been approved yet.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #2166 on: March 16, 2018, 07:22:27 pm »

I'd be pretty surprised if she's the first war criminal appointed to the position, but then I think much of what the US does outside its own borders constitutes war crimes.

Usually the war crimes happen after being appointed though.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2167 on: March 16, 2018, 07:27:24 pm »

Usually the war crimes happen after being appointed though.

Well, I have to wonder how often the CIA Director is appointed from inside the organization.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #2168 on: March 17, 2018, 01:56:12 am »
GOP competence: https://theguardiansofdemocracy.com/maine-gop-candidate-called-parkland-survivor-skinhead-lesbian-drops-race/

GOP candidate insulted one of the Parkland students, which inspired someone to become a Democrat candidate to oppose him and now that the GOP candidate withdraws because of the shitstorm that came from him insulting a massacre survivor the Democrat is running unopposed.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #2169 on: March 17, 2018, 02:18:10 am »
How many own goals for republicans this year? Between this guy and Roy Moore's scandal, and everyone and their grandma resigning from the Administration...

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2170 on: March 17, 2018, 03:21:31 am »
How many own goals for republicans this year? Between this guy and Roy Moore's scandal, and everyone and their grandma resigning from the Administration...

When a party's mantra is that government doesn't work, you'd think voters would get the message and not put them in charge of governing.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #2171 on: March 17, 2018, 07:42:23 pm »
That or stop voting.  If government doesn't work, why are you putting asses in seats?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #2172 on: March 17, 2018, 11:10:17 pm »
That or stop voting.  If government doesn't work, why are you putting asses in seats?
Because if you don't vote in people who fight the government power, communists will transform the government into a dictatorship and after all the God-fearing NRA members have been exterminated in FEMA camps the survivors are forced into gay marriages and to live in hobbit homes.

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #2173 on: March 17, 2018, 11:48:52 pm »
Because if you don't vote in people who fight the government power, communists will transform the government into a dictatorship and after all the God-fearing NRA members have been exterminated in FEMA camps the survivors are forced into gay marriages and to live in hobbit homes.

You forgot about the part where everyone else dines on aborted fetuses.

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
« Reply #2174 on: March 18, 2018, 03:10:55 am »
What if people are already gay married? Are they made to double gay marry?
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer