Author Topic: Yoga, stealing your faith and body fat  (Read 4598 times)

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: Yoga, stealing your faith and body fat
« Reply #15 on: July 07, 2013, 12:21:16 pm »
They can't accept anything outside their own worldview. Because of that, an exercise routine, especially one with roots in another religion, from another culture, is something that's going to freak them out.

Something I wonder about the anti yoga bit. I wonder if it's because it origionated from another religion? Or if it origionated from another culture and these people are smart enough to find a reason that doesn't sound racist?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #16 on: July 07, 2013, 04:16:27 pm »
If your faith is so weak that people doing stretches threaten it, you need to reexamine you life.

Ironbite-and your faith.

Offline The Illusive Man

• The Beast
  • Saw the ME3 endings, got turned into a husk. :(-
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2013, 06:37:13 pm »
They can't accept anything outside their own worldview. Because of that, an exercise routine, especially one with roots in another religion, from another culture, is something that's going to freak them out.

Something I wonder about the anti yoga bit. I wonder if it's because it origionated from another religion? Or if it origionated from another culture and these people are smart enough to find a reason that doesn't sound racist?
Both usually.
Despite knowing about indoctrination I thought it was a good idea to put a human Reaper near my office. Now I am a sentient husk :(.

*RRRRRRRRRRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWWRRRRRRRRR* *SCREECH* *smokes*

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2013, 09:30:50 pm »

Both usually.
Agreed, TIL.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.