Author Topic: Operation Zeus (when did Greece lose its mind?)  (Read 9194 times)

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• Directing Scenes for Celebritarian Needs
  • The Beast
  • Whatever doesn't kill you is gonna leave a scar
Re: Operation Zeus (when did Greece lose its mind?)
« Reply #45 on: September 05, 2013, 06:11:01 am »
If the Golden Dawn actually takes power and starts with racist bullshit, I expect they'll be swiftly expelled from the EU.

Greece wants to leave the EU. The EU doesn't want to let them leave. If Greece leaves the EU (defaulting on their loans as they go, of course) they can engage in the kind of external devaluation the Euro won't allow. Then maybe they can export their way out of the recession. Complete disaster for Germany of course- no more easy access to uncompetitive Southern markets for you to impoverish.
I want Greece to leave, default on their loans, get war declared on them for it by the EU (therefore dragging America in) and Greece be slaughtered. Just to piss off people who are on Greece's side.

Gunboat diplomacy has been illegal for a century.
My lack of care about what's legal vs. what I want is astonishing.
Yes, we've been trying to talk to you about that.
My point is, it's what I wish would happen. I'm not going to change my wishes based on laws.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".
 - Trent Reznor, Down In It

Together as one, against all others.
- Marilyn Manson, Running To The Edge of The World

Humanity does learn from history,
sadly, they're rarely the ones in power.

Quote from: Ben Kuchera
Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #46 on: September 05, 2013, 07:28:33 am »
It's amazing how you can be so ignorant of how international politics works, yet be so opinionated at the same time.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #47 on: September 05, 2013, 07:46:56 am »
It's amazing how you can be so ignorant of how international politics works, yet be so opinionated at the same time.
This right here is the weakpoint in  democracy.

Still better than the alternatives though...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #48 on: September 05, 2013, 11:40:39 am »
If the Golden Dawn actually takes power and starts with racist bullshit, I expect they'll be swiftly expelled from the EU.

Greece wants to leave the EU. The EU doesn't want to let them leave. If Greece leaves the EU (defaulting on their loans as they go, of course) they can engage in the kind of external devaluation the Euro won't allow. Then maybe they can export their way out of the recession. Complete disaster for Germany of course- no more easy access to uncompetitive Southern markets for you to impoverish.
I want Greece to leave, default on their loans, get war declared on them for it by the EU (therefore dragging America in) and Greece be slaughtered. Just to piss off people who are on Greece's side.

Gunboat diplomacy has been illegal for a century.
My lack of care about what's legal vs. what I want is astonishing.
Yes, we've been trying to talk to you about that.
My point is, it's what I wish would happen. I'm not going to change my wishes based on laws.

And as I said before, never go into politics.

Ironbite-you will be eaten alive.

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #49 on: September 05, 2013, 03:00:42 pm »
So, you wish for brutal bloodshed where thousands of innocent people die just because a vocal minority in Greece - some of whom are in a position of power - is transphobic. When it comes to homosexuality most Greeks who are under 50 years old support accepting it so I assume this reflects also their attitude towards transgender people.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #50 on: September 05, 2013, 03:33:14 pm »
Dude, it's like wishing for a million dollars or for Obama to use the PATRIOT Act to remove all Republicans from power. It's not going to happen and never can happen.
What I used to think was me is just a fading memory. I looked him right in the eye and said "Goodbye".

Life is too damned short for the concept of “guilty” pleasures to have any meaning.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #51 on: September 05, 2013, 05:55:03 pm »
Dude, it's like wishing for a million dollars or for Obama to use the PATRIOT Act to remove all Republicans from power. It's not going to happen and never can happen.

See you say things like that...then you say things like:

It's not hard to see that we don't exactly catch your meaning.  But please, keep saying stupid shit like that.

Ironbite-First Amendment rights and all that.  You're just not free to be called a flaming dipshit and treated accordingly.

Offline PosthumanHeresy

• The Beast
« Reply #52 on: September 05, 2013, 06:02:16 pm »

See you say things like that...then you say things like:

It's not hard to see that we don't exactly catch your meaning.  But please, keep saying stupid shit like that.

Ironbite-First Amendment rights and all that.  You're just not free to be called a flaming dipshit and treated accordingly.
I don't see how they contradict each other. It's what I wish. It's not possible. However, my wishes aren't going to be influenced by laws. It's like wishing I had infinite pot or could try panda meat.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #53 on: September 05, 2013, 06:17:20 pm »

You fail to realise why this is so: because the opposite is retarded.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR