Author Topic: More proof that Christianity is true.  (Read 6589 times)

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
More proof that Christianity is true.
« on: November 08, 2018, 07:57:19 am »
Last night I had a nightmare of there being a shooting. Today I found out that there was a shooting at a bar in California. God gave me the dream so that I could prove that Christianity is true. How do you explain the fact that I had a dream of a shooting before I found out about an actual one that happened?

Offline rookie

• Miscreant, petty criminal, and all around nice guy
  • The Beast
Re: More proof that Christianity is true.
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2018, 09:02:10 am »
Yeah, but didn't you also dream about nailing your cousin behind the dunes? That would prove, what, he wants you happy?
The difference between 0 and 1 is infinite. The difference between 1 and a million is a matter of degree. - Zack Johnson

Quote from: davedan board=pg thread=6573 post=218058 time=1286247542
I'll stop eating beef lamb and pork the same day they start letting me eat vegetarians.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #2 on: November 08, 2018, 09:57:30 am »
I see two perfectly reasonable possibilities that don't require a divine explanation:

1.  Sheer coincidence.  Also, it ain't exactly like shootings are an unheard-of event these days, sadly.  They've been in people's minds a lot lately, so for someone to dream of one and there then be an actual shooting the next day really doesn't strike me as a very remarkable coincidence.

2.  Or you never had such a dream, you're making it up. 

Offline dpareja

• The Beast
« Reply #3 on: November 08, 2018, 01:26:39 pm »
perfectly reasonable

There's your problem right there, you're assuming people like Jakey-boy are reasonable.
Quote from: Jordan Duram
It doesn't concern you, Sister, that kind of absolutist view of the universe? Right and wrong determined solely by a single all-knowing, all powerful being whose judgment cannot be questioned and in whose name the most horrendous acts can be sanctioned without appeal?

Quote from: Supreme Court of Canada
Being required by someone else’s religious beliefs to behave contrary to one’s sexual identity is degrading and disrespectful.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
« Reply #4 on: November 08, 2018, 03:00:21 pm »
Last night I had a nightmare of there being a shooting. Today I found out that there was a shooting at a bar in California. God gave me the dream so that I could prove that Christianity is true. How do you explain the fact that I had a dream of a shooting before I found out about an actual one that happened?
Oh you tasteless little shit.

Offline a muslim Satanist

• Neonate
« Reply #5 on: November 08, 2018, 03:27:11 pm »
why did God give you the dream the night before the attack not 
say a week, so you could have give the prediction before the attack not after it.   

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #6 on: November 08, 2018, 03:31:20 pm »
say a week, so you could have give the prediction before the attack not after it.
C'mon man, omniscience, omnibenevolence  and omnipotence doesn't mean you can do anything useful.

Mysterious ways and shit!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #7 on: November 08, 2018, 04:11:25 pm »

That is a good point. If I gave an accurate prediction, it could have easily caused conversions.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #8 on: November 08, 2018, 08:44:08 pm »

That is a good point. If I gave an accurate prediction, it could have easily caused conversions.

If I felt I had foreknowledge of an event like that, I'd be more concerned about possibly saving some lives, not converting people or whatever....

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #9 on: November 08, 2018, 08:51:13 pm »

If I felt I had foreknowledge of an event like that, I'd be more concerned about possibly saving some lives, not converting people or whatever....

Of course saving lives should be the first priority. But as a result of saving lives, people would be converted because they would know that a massacre was stopped by somebody who had foreknowledge.

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2018, 08:58:33 pm »

Yeah seriously.  Jacob go fuck yourself, or admit this is tasteless and apologize.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
« Reply #11 on: November 08, 2018, 09:03:16 pm »

Yeah seriously.  Jacob go fuck yourself, or admit this is tasteless and apologize.

I was not trying to take advantage of the massacre. I thought that the dream confirmed that God gave me knowledge of the massacre. Then KingofRhye pointed out that there have been many shootings so it could have been a coincidence. Then aMuslimSatanist pointed out that if it was from God, he would have given me the dream  sooner so that I would be able to predict it before it happened.

Offline KingOfRhye

• Pope
« Reply #12 on: November 08, 2018, 09:29:11 pm »
Of course saving lives should be the first priority. But as a result of saving lives, people would be converted because they would know that a massacre was stopped by somebody who had foreknowledge.

If saving lives would be your first priority, then why was the first thing - the only thing - you mentioned converting people?  You didn't say anything about saving lives until I brought it up. 

Art Vandelay

« Reply #13 on: November 08, 2018, 10:22:57 pm »

If saving lives would be your first priority, then why was the first thing - the only thing - you mentioned converting people?  You didn't say anything about saving lives until I brought it up. 

This is the guy who wants to start a war between the US and pretty much all of Europe and the Middle East. Suffice it to say, saving lives isn't really priority #1 for him.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2018, 10:24:49 pm »

I was not trying to take advantage of the massacre. I thought that the dream confirmed that God gave me knowledge of the massacre. Then KingofRhye pointed out that there have been many shootings so it could have been a coincidence. Then aMuslimSatanist pointed out that if it was from God, he would have given me the dream  sooner so that I would be able to predict it before it happened.
The backpedaling here indicates a tiny sliver of recognition that maybe this time you went too far. Blink and it'll disappear.