Author Topic: Games ideas you think should be real  (Read 3075 times)

Offline chitoryu12

• The Beast
  • Tax-Payer Rhino
Re: Games ideas you think should be real
« Reply #15 on: December 25, 2013, 02:46:28 pm »
I have quite a few ideas.

* Very realistic Old West FPS. Your typical "one lucky shot to kill" style of realism, but with the kind of graphics and physics engine we expect in a modern game instead of looking like an ARMA reskin (and much better controls that allow for fast snap shots, rather than the old ARMA and Operation: Flashpoint style with the floaty controls). Plus a good, realistic damage model and well-modeled ballistics for the bullets. Basically, look up any of the classic Old West gunfights and think about trying to recreate that style in a video game.

* World War I tank simulator. Especially a multiplayer one where you can have real humans in all of the crew positions.

* Something similar to Battle Royale or The Hunger Games: dozens of contestants dropped in an isolated area with randomly distributed weapons, devices, and supplies, all of whom need to kill each other until one is left standing. I actually created a very long treatment for this concept that's currently on my old computer, including a gigantomungus weapon list. It also included the aforementioned realistic ballistics and wounding system (including using physics calculations for the damage instead of just punching numbers; think an object damage system for the human body instead of a wall), a first aid system based on using real life knowledge and techniques for different injuries (with weapons and hazards designed to inflict various injuries, such as vials of acid or poisoned blades), a destructible environment that even extends to chopping down trees and shattering windows to damage with the shards, and a single player mode with randomly generated "contestant" personalities so they can negotiate, work together, and deceive.
Still can't think of a signature a year later.

Offline JohnE

• The Beast
  • Heeeere's JohnE!
« Reply #16 on: December 25, 2013, 11:37:32 pm »
Sounds a bit like Star Control II.
That's not it, but I had that game too and I played the heck out of it.

That game sounds a lot like StarFlight.   It was a good game.  The story was unobtrusive, but there if you followed the clues you were given, and there was a big twist about a most valuable resource that was used for fuel (Endurium).
*checks link* I think that might have been it. I never got far enough in the game to find the twist.

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2013, 01:54:53 am »
Quote from: JohnE
*checks link* I think that might have been it. I never got far enough in the game to find the twist.

Do you want to know?  If so, I shall spoiler it for anyone who wants to ROM it or whatever and see for themselves.

(click to show/hide)

That'd make an interesting Doctor Who Fanfic... 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 01:58:09 am by The Doctor »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #18 on: December 26, 2013, 02:38:04 am »
Or the plot of 42 minutes.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #19 on: December 26, 2013, 03:01:57 am »
^I've never heard of that.

EDIT:  Oh yeah, that particular DW ep.   I'm bad at remember numerical names, hehe.   

Eh, it's not really a sun, the Endurium world, but I suppose it has some similarities. 
« Last Edit: December 26, 2013, 03:06:03 am by The Doctor »

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #20 on: December 26, 2013, 11:17:24 am »
Same principle though.

Ironbite-*eyes light up*  Burn with me.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #21 on: December 26, 2013, 02:16:36 pm »
... I don't wanna.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2014, 05:36:31 am »
I want an open-world RPG set in Hyrule, where you create your own Hyrule knight. You'd be able to complete quests, upgrade and repair equipment, form relationships with NPCs, all that jazz. You'd also be able to choose whether you were a classic knight-in-shining-armor goody-goody-two-shoes, or an amoral Blood Knight who just wanted a fight (and combinations thereof). 
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2014, 05:59:48 am »
That sounds pretty cool.  I'd play it.  What if you get too evil, you'll have Link gunning for you, showing up like Pyramid Head, or Nemesis, or whatever other character that appears out of nowhere to ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE!  You'll keep having to fight him off (can't kill him because he's frikkin' Link) or escape him each time he shows up.

Offline Ghoti

• slow-burn naive
  • The Beast
  • Assume I'm crashing & burning at any given moment
« Reply #24 on: January 10, 2014, 06:39:54 pm »
I was actually thinking it'd be set in the war in OoT's backstory, in that version of Hyrule. It would make more sense to have a bunch of knights running around in wartime than afterwards (not that the Zelda games make a huge amount of sense in the first place). I'm also thinking there would be some kind of dual world aspect - it's easier to count the games that don't have you moving between dimensions somehow. Maybe something like the Silent/Sacred realm or the Dark World/Twilit Hyrule.
Oh! OH! Termina! You could be able to warp to and from Termina! We'd get to see Termina when it's not being terrorized my Majora's Mask, with young versions of the MM characters; maybe with Anju, Kafei, and Cremia as a pint-sized power trio. You'd be able to help the Deku King welcome the Deku Princess (and answer the question of how do Deku Scrubs reproduce?), solve tribal disputes with Darmani, help the Indigo Go-gos hit land their first gig, train/spar with the Garo... And use the skills and abilities learned in Termina to help you save Hyrule!
« Last Edit: January 10, 2014, 06:41:51 pm by SmokingDodongo »
Long Live The Queen.

Burn fire! Hellfire! Now Anita, its your turn! Choose GamerGate, or your pyre!
Be mine or you will buuurn!!

Offline Feral Dog

• The Beast
  • Caffeine, how I adore thee.
« Reply #25 on: January 11, 2014, 04:20:12 am »
A game involving the Greek pantheon in which Zeus is the 'King of All These Vicious Bastards... I Mean, Gods' he is in legends, Hera's the jealous bitch who punishes his victims (so on and so forth) and Hades is the serious guy trying to clean up the backlog in the underworld every time the rest of them throw a tantrum or one of their demi-god offspring go on a rampage. Maybe he's the one sending you on quests so you can get a new life string or something.

(Mission example: *sigh* Look, Helios let his brat use the chariot again and the psychopomps are overloaded because of a blizzard. And, if history's any guide there's going to be a big ol' fireball when he gets back. You get a day back for everyone you bring down.)
Fiber Arts Enthusiast

EDIT: Aaaand my 10,000th post is about fascism, Plato, and gay sex. This is clearly a great accomplishment.

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
« Reply #26 on: January 11, 2014, 11:20:36 am »
There are several modern classic sci-fi novels and series that would make wonderful games; Hyperion series (who can out-boss the Shrike?!?), The Comet, The Smoke Ring and Ring World series, The Difference engine (early steam punk alt history novel). Lots of others.

Also, a totally accurate Bible hack n slash RPG, an RTS of Moby Dick, and I wish that there were some well-made WW1 games. Toy Soldiers' first effort was tremendously fun, but it's a hybrid tower defence/FPS that's too lighthearted for what I mean on the Great War game front.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.