Author Topic: FQA D&D/Pathfinder Game  (Read 48699 times)

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
Re: FQA D&D/Pathfinder Game
« Reply #120 on: September 16, 2014, 10:20:21 pm »
Is there a lawful Khorne equivalent in Pathfinder?
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #121 on: September 16, 2014, 11:25:17 pm »
Some thoughts on possible shared backgrounds, common goals, and other connections.

Siella and Gerhardt/Gars: See previous post on the subject.

Siella and Caladur: Probably one of the more interesting possibilities. Both are from forest-dwelling elven societies but took very different paths; she connected with ancient elf magic, he studied forbidden arcane witchcraft. They could definitely have a shared past and may even have grown up together, but are not likely to have been adventuring together recently.

Siella and Audien: Unlikely to have any background or goals in common, and even less likely to get along.

Siella and Lilith: Similar to the possible connection with Gerhardt/Gars, Lilith is highly knowledgeable about society and travels a lot, making her a natural guide of sorts for Siella. A magic user and a highly trained animal would also make good additions to bardic performances.

Siella and Cerim Treascair's halfling magus: Siella's druidic circle is suspicious of arcane casters, so there's very little in common here.

Siella and Ironbite's undine hunter: A couple of good points here; both have a connection to nature-based magic and both have a background as hunters and archers.

Gerhardt/Gars and Caladur: Both have a background as healers, and thus share some commonalities in that area. Caladur's interest in studying different types of magic could draw him to Gerhardt/Gars.

Gerhardt/Gars and Audien: Not a lot of material for connections, though an attempt to reform a troubled soul and a need for a bodyguard could provide a potential reason for Gerhardt/Gars to bring Audien along.

Gerhardt/Gars and Lilith: One of the better ones; a bard can act as a good covert investigator for someone who wants to find out what corrupt priests have been covering up.

Gerhardt/Gars and Cerim Treascair's halfling magus: I can't see a lot of good reasons for there to be any connections here.

Gerhardt/Gars and Ironbite's undine hunter: Aside from a philosophical curiosity on the cleric's part about the Elemental Planes, I can't come up with much these two would have in common. The two are both from rich families, though, so at least that's something.

Caladur and Audien: Both are outcasts in some manner, so there's some solidarity there. On the other hand, elves and dwarves rarely get along.

Caladur and Lilith: Caladur's interest in different types of magic and about humans in general makes a connection with the bard possible. As before, a magic user would be able to help a bard's performances.

Caladur and Cerim Treascair's halfling magus: Same as with Audien, except now both are arcane casters as well as outcasts and there's no elf/dwarf baggage. A lot of potential for common goals, and the two could well have been traveling companions for a while.

Caladur and Ironbite's undine hunter: Again, not a lot to work with here, but a planetouched character could attract attention from someone curious about how different types of magic work.

Audien and Lilith: Really not seeing a lot of good potential here. Bards and monks tend to be opposites in a lot of ways.

Audien and Cerim Treascar's halfling magus: Both outcasts with rather violent tendencies. Could well be out for vengeance together, and potentially recruitable by the rest of the party on work-release from whatever prison they inevitably wind up in.

Audien and Ironbite's undine hunter: Maybe, maybe not. Nothing either positive or negative jumps out at me.

Lilith and Cerim Treascair's halfling magus : Both wanderers relying on luck and on magic to get along in life, and the usual contributions of a magic user to a bardic performance should be mentioned.

Lilith and Ironbite's undine hunter: Again, nothing either positive or negative would strike me here. This will likely change once the latter character gets a background written, though.

Cerim Treascair's halfling magus and Ironbite's undine hunter: See above.

Gorum seems to be the closest to Khorne among the major deities, but he's chaotic.

EDIT: Changed names for Audien and Lilith.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 09:54:33 am by Random Guy »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #122 on: September 16, 2014, 11:43:22 pm »
Holy shit you guys are awesome.

Unfortunately, today has been an awful day for me, even though it's ending with smiles (hopefully).  Blah blah blah, excuses.  I'll get to updating the OP probably in the morning after I've had some coffee or some shit.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #123 on: September 16, 2014, 11:47:41 pm »
Magus, you and Random are awesome, from what I've seen most recently at least. I'm just doing my best to fill in a blank or two.
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #124 on: September 16, 2014, 11:58:04 pm »

http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Category:Lawful_evil_deities

Gonna be hard to find a lawful equivalent of a chaotic god but here's some a list of lawful evil deities.  I think.  I didn't actually look at each of them.

Magus, you and Random are awesome, from what I've seen most recently at least. I'm just doing my best to fill in a blank or two.

Heh, I'm hoping that I'm not too exuberant.

It's been a long time since I've played Pathfinder, and I've been wanting to for almost as long.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #125 on: September 17, 2014, 12:05:49 am »

Thank you, but I still have a lot to learn. And like Magus, I've been out of the loop for almost a year now and am really eager to get back into the game.

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #126 on: September 17, 2014, 04:22:57 am »

Gerhardt/Gars and Ironbite's undine hunter: Aside from a philosophical curiosity on the cleric's part about the Elemental Planes, I can't come up with much these two would have in common. The two are both from rich families, though, so at least that's something.

A possibility of connection of the families becoming business familiar with eachother through the curiosity?

IE: A merchant family looking into utilizing elemental materials becoming partners for the sake of business.

All in all, good show on the connections.

Offline Second Coming of Madman

• Some of Internet Jesus
  • The Beast
  • Cisscum Internationale Society
« Reply #127 on: September 17, 2014, 06:57:12 am »
Hooray for Moloch worship and all! So, should I burn 10 children to death in worship of my dark god or 20 children in worship of my dark god? Or, joy of all joys, 30 children.

Oh, and my Dwarven monk is named Audien.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2014, 07:07:10 am by Second Coming of Madman »
@KanzlerImaginos - Feel free to drop me a line.

Toddlers get too much exercise, they wouldn't make good veal.

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
« Reply #128 on: September 17, 2014, 12:30:50 pm »
Damn, I picked a bad time to be away for a week. Only skimmed to this point, but I saw PBP, and, as I doubt this forum has a dice-roller built in, might I point you to Myth-weavers, as theirs does? They even have sheets there you can use. The PF sheet is kinda iffy on saving, so use the one in the sheets alpha. Also, if anyone is interested, I could run a second game, in 3.5, once I get done with the one of the two I'm running (one there, on on Giantitp), or one of the two (hopefully soon to be three) I'm playing in. I'm comfortable with whatever power level you want, but I already know the adventure I'll run. Its a sequel of sorts to the one I'm running on M-W now, both of which I brewed up myself.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #129 on: September 17, 2014, 01:37:01 pm »
Damn, I picked a bad time to be away for a week. Only skimmed to this point, but I saw PBP, and, as I doubt this forum has a dice-roller built in, might I point you to Myth-weavers, as theirs does? They even have sheets there you can use. The PF sheet is kinda iffy on saving, so use the one in the sheets alpha. Also, if anyone is interested, I could run a second game, in 3.5, once I get done with the one of the two I'm running (one there, on on Giantitp), or one of the two (hopefully soon to be three) I'm playing in. I'm comfortable with whatever power level you want, but I already know the adventure I'll run. Its a sequel of sorts to the one I'm running on M-W now, both of which I brewed up myself.

Sounds good to me, although I may not personally take part in two games at once. I'm also a Giantitp member, going by Dire Moose on there.

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #130 on: September 17, 2014, 01:46:23 pm »
I'm of the same name there as here, and am Karfsma778 on Myth-weavers.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #131 on: September 17, 2014, 02:57:41 pm »
Svata, in the event that I should have to take over as the game's primary DM in the future (which is a possibility at this point), would you be able to run my character?

EDIT: No, the campaign will happen regardless of what goes on. There is absolutely no need to panic.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2014, 10:18:21 am by Random Guy »

Offline Svata

• The Beast
« Reply #132 on: September 18, 2014, 03:04:46 pm »
Sure. I'd justneed an idea of the characterization you're going for.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
« Reply #133 on: September 18, 2014, 03:14:58 pm »
Sure. I'd justneed an idea of the characterization you're going for.

My character sheet, including relevant background information, can be found here if it becomes necessary.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #134 on: September 18, 2014, 05:22:38 pm »
We doing this here or we gonna invade that other board?