Author Topic: Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 111537 times)

Even Then

Re: Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #255 on: February 02, 2016, 10:00:45 am »
I love how these assholes are whining that Robb didn't call out the drunk, angry, huge guy directly. If I'm gonna get called a coward for not doing shit that'll land me with broken bones, then fuck it. Coward. Any day.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #256 on: February 02, 2016, 10:51:20 am »
I like this guy.  His response to Anselmo's bullshit backstage was exactly on target: laugh at them.  Answer their bullshit with laughter, mockery, and derision.  Treat them like the stupid little children they are.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Cloud3514

• The Beast
  • 404: Personal text not found.
« Reply #257 on: February 02, 2016, 05:03:22 pm »
I still can't believe that, in 2016, it's still controversial to suggest that we shouldn't tolerate people like Anselmo and that we should criticize them.
Who needs a signature?

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #258 on: February 03, 2016, 04:32:50 pm »

EDIT:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2016, 10:58:48 am by Askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline SCarpelan

• The Beast
« Reply #259 on: February 12, 2016, 06:24:10 am »
I was kinda on the fence on where to put this. A movie producer tweets quotes from the scripts he reads to bring attention to the sexist introductions of the female characters. The message he's sending belongs here despite the sexist content.

Quote from: A few examples
JANE, 28, athletic but sexy. A natural beauty. Most days she wears jeans, and she makes them look good.

JANE - his wife, 30’s, beautiful, wearing lingerie - applies lipstick in front of a mirror, making it into an erotic show.

He enters and approaches JANE, mildly attractive secretary who is at one of the filing cabinets.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #260 on: February 13, 2016, 11:03:38 am »
If you piss in a public toilet, does that mean you own it? Does that mean you get to make decisions about what happens to it after that?

Nope.

If a man ejaculates into a woman who did not consent, does that mean he owns her? Does that she doesn’t get to decide what happens to her own body after that?

According to pro-life extremists, yup.

These people find it acceptable to force this woman to watch her stomach inflate like a balloon for the next 9 months, which serves as nothing to her but a constant reminder of the most horrifying moment of her life. She’ll lose control of her bodily choices for the 2nd time in a row. She’ll have to forfeit her drinking and smoking rights, and carefully watch whatever else she puts into her body. She’ll be left with permanent stretch marks, scars, and other disfigurements. All in the name of a baby she never wanted?

A fetus from rape is NOT a gift. A fetus from rape has no rights. A woman who in any other circumstance is allowed to make decisions for herself, deserves THIS right to choose.

Please, let’s treat women better than we treat toilets.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #261 on: February 15, 2016, 01:56:00 pm »

Someone in the comments started defending faith healers and then moved on to "no true Scotsman" defense every time someone said a thing they don't like.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #262 on: February 17, 2016, 01:54:49 am »

I'd have added Coventry and Guernica, but that's just me.

Offline Dakota Bob

• The Beast
  • UGLY BAG OF MOSTLY WATER
« Reply #263 on: February 17, 2016, 02:46:46 pm »
...I don't get it.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #264 on: February 17, 2016, 02:54:17 pm »
...I don't get it.

It's making fun of Wehraboos who get outraged over Dresden but don't acknowledge similar acts done by the Luftwaffe.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #265 on: February 23, 2016, 04:44:25 pm »

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
« Reply #266 on: March 22, 2016, 05:58:30 pm »
Saying “you don’t have anything to be depressed about, your life is great” is like saying “what do you mean have asthma, there is loads of air in here.”

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #267 on: April 02, 2016, 01:22:18 am »
For context this is about the movie God's Not Dead 2, an upcoming film about a high school teacher who I think gets arrested for saying that Jesus taught non-violence.  Some comenters complained about the unimaginative title:

Also, they couldn't come up with a better title than God's Not Dead 2? I not so humbly submit:
* God's Not Dead 2: Still not dead
* God's Not Dead 2: Not Dead Harder
* God's Not Dead, Too
* God Says He's Not Quite Dead Yet
* And with nods to other commentators, God's Not Dead 2: Not This Shit Again

God's Not Dead: He's Just Resting.

Look, I took the liberty of examining that god when I got it home, and I discovered the only reason that it had been sitting on its cross in the first place was that it had been NAILED there!

Even Then

« Reply #268 on: April 02, 2016, 01:29:56 am »
God's Not Dead 2: Electric Strawman

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #269 on: April 02, 2016, 01:33:50 am »
God's not dead: Tokyo Drift.

2 God not 2 dead.

God's not dead: The resurrection of God.