Author Topic: Good Things People Say on the Internet  (Read 111427 times)

Offline mellenORL

• Pedal Pushing Puppy Peon
  • The Beast
Re: Good Things People Say on the Internet
« Reply #180 on: November 11, 2015, 10:20:12 am »
Sorry, but that's pretty much a conspiracy theory-like and uninformed opinion. Yes, there are a fuck-ton of neurotic middle schooler mentality SJW cliques on Tumblr, and we love making fun of them. They should hardly cause the level of generalization and paranoia I'm seeing in this post quote. Sure, when the bitchy kiddies harass someone, they should be called out on it, preferable by Tumblr admin, but Tumblr does not seem to care enough to spend the resources on that.
Quote from: Ultimate Chatbot That Totally Passes The Turing Test
I sympathize completely. However, to use against us. Let me ask you a troll. On the one who pulled it. But here's the question: where do I think it might as well have stepped out of all people would cling to a layman.

Even Then

« Reply #181 on: November 11, 2015, 10:30:34 am »
I love how these jagoffs think that telling people to stop being racist/sexist counts as "cultish" and "abuse".

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #182 on: November 11, 2015, 11:54:14 am »
I love how these jagoffs think that telling people to stop being racist/sexist counts as "cultish" and "abuse".

What about driving somebody to suicide?

http://www.timesofisrael.com/civil-servant-commits-suicide-after-facebook-accusations-of-racism/

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #183 on: November 11, 2015, 12:39:56 pm »
They were complaining about how SJWs are told to cut their contact to anyone who isn't "one of them" which is a thing that cults do. Certainly cutting ties to people who are incredibly racist might not be that bad (unless everyone one of your friends and relatives is a racist in which case you might get lonely unless you find new friends) but the claim for demand to cut ties with anyone who is "white cissexual" is a bit different. ...IF it is true that anon was in a SJW group that was so strict...
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline mythbuster43

• Pope
    • Northwest View
« Reply #184 on: November 11, 2015, 01:13:48 pm »
They were complaining about how SJWs are told to cut their contact to anyone who isn't "one of them" which is a thing that cults do. Certainly cutting ties to people who are incredibly racist might not be that bad (unless everyone one of your friends and relatives is a racist in which case you might get lonely unless you find new friends) but the claim for demand to cut ties with anyone who is "white cissexual" is a bit different. ...IF it is true that anon was in a SJW group that was so strict...

Yeah, cutting ties to everyone that's a white heterosexual (I am NOT referring to them as "cis") will make one very lonely in most Western countries.

Even Then

« Reply #185 on: November 11, 2015, 01:17:24 pm »
Yeah, I'm calling it too. That was a strawman. No one aside from troll blogs and strawmen (and possivly fringe lunatics) would advocate cutting ties with people just because they're cis.

And Myth? Heterosexuality and cisgenderness are two entirely different things.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #186 on: November 11, 2015, 01:21:53 pm »
Ah, my mistake. I misremembered what the post said, I know that being cis and being straight are not the same thing.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Even Then

« Reply #187 on: November 11, 2015, 03:45:45 pm »

Even Then

« Reply #188 on: November 19, 2015, 01:46:35 pm »
Quote from:  tumblr user ssjgssjgoku
Sexualized female video game character: *Is wearing revealing armor that shows off her tits and ass even though the rest of the characters are wearing conventional, non-sexualized armor, and also once in a while the camera literally flies up her asshole and you get to see the inside of her ass for a little while*
Egalitarian gamer man: She is only “sexualized” because you sick fucks are looking at her as a sexual object. Seeing the inside of her asshole is pivotal to telling the story

Caveat: This refers to the "people are already equal so marginalized groups need to stop whining, systemic discrimination doesn't exist" breed of egalitarian.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #189 on: November 19, 2015, 07:33:53 pm »
Sexualized female video game character: *Is wearing revealing armor that shows off her tits and ass even though the rest of the characters are wearing conventional, non-sexualized armor, and also once in a while the camera literally flies up her asshole and you get to see the inside of her ass for a little while*
Egalitarian gamer man: She is only “sexualized” because you sick fucks are looking at her as a sexual object. Seeing the inside of her asshole is pivotal to telling the story

Caveat: This refers to the "people are already equal so marginalized groups need to stop whining, systemic discrimination doesn't exist" breed of egalitarian.

Yep.  And I am so sick of adult female characters in games sexualized to such an insane degree.  One of the reasons I loved Eternal Darkness was because the only scantily-clad female PC was the "dancer," and the main character was a young woman who, despite being conventionally attractive, didn't have ridiculously-huge boobs, and was wearing normal clothing, not some weird fetish gear or some fucked-up concoction made entirely out of tape.
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline Eiki-mun

• der Löwe aus Mitternacht
  • The Beast
  • On the fields of Breitenfeld.
    • Main Personal Blog
« Reply #190 on: November 19, 2015, 08:06:53 pm »

I'm sorry, I hate this person for their URL so I can't respect anything they say.

SSJGSSJ is a bullshit acronym for a bullshit form that should never have existed. And to think Toriyama was trying to "simplify" Saiyan transformations...
There is no plague more evil and vile to watch spread than the plague that is the Von Habsburg dynasty.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #191 on: November 19, 2015, 11:53:32 pm »

I'm sorry, I hate this person for their URL so I can't respect anything they say.

SSJGSSJ is a bullshit acronym for a bullshit form that should never have existed. And to think Toriyama was trying to "simplify" Saiyan transformations...

Better than SSJ Blue.  Divine SSJ, Godly SSJ...could've been a hundred different things other than a reference to the frigging hair colour.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #192 on: November 20, 2015, 12:03:09 am »

Yep.  And I am so sick of adult female characters in games sexualized to such an insane degree.  One of the reasons I loved Eternal Darkness was because the only scantily-clad female PC was the "dancer," and the main character was a young woman who, despite being conventionally attractive, didn't have ridiculously-huge boobs, and was wearing normal clothing, not some weird fetish gear or some fucked-up concoction made entirely out of tape.

Of course when you go insane in that game, I fully expected you to rip off most of your clothing and run around gibbering.

Ironbite-but that's just me.

Offline Ultimate Paragon

• The Beast
  • Tougher than diamonds, stronger than steel
« Reply #193 on: November 20, 2015, 10:13:34 am »
I recently realized what really bothers me about the whole "Nazis advanced science" myth. Germany, as a nation, has a long and proud history of scientific and engineering advancement. This history has existed for long, long before the rise of the Nazi party, and continued after their fall to the present day.

Nazism, ideologically, is anti-intellectual and anti-science. This is the ideology that brought us book burnings, Deutsche Physik, and discredited scientists solely on their race or political leanings. It is built around unscientific racist theories, it actively calls for the discarding of modern intellectual progress in favor of a mythical past, and celebrates martial strength over peaceful mental advancement.

Therefore, I think it's fair to say that any scientific advancement that happened in Germany during the Nazi era happened despite the Nazis, not because of them. Yes, the Nazis did take plenty of advantage of Germany's scientific and engineering resources for their purposes, but they weren't responsible for their existence. And they largely also damaged those resources through their violent and reckless actions, with the scientists that fled, died, or were taken by the Allies post-war, the massive destruction inflicted on educational and industrial facilities during the war itself, etc.

Offline Askold

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #194 on: November 22, 2015, 02:54:30 am »