Author Topic: Why the traditional 1980s Star Wars Canon is superior to the SJW Disney one  (Read 12325 times)

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
But we know the Empire has female commanding officers and Poe is originally an Imperial soldier. The gender of his CO shouldn't be a factor when it comes to following orders!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
  • The person who discovered England's true monarch
But we know the Empire has female commanding officers and Poe is originally an Imperial soldier. The gender of his CO shouldn't be a factor when it comes to following orders!

Your confusing Poe with Finn.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
Ok, fair enough. Why would have hearing that from a male officer have made a difference in Poes case?

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
Ok, fair enough. Why would have hearing that from a male officer have made a difference in Poes case?

Because he not reprimanded only by women, not by women and men.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast

So? He's reprimanded by superior officers for disobeying orders that ultimately led to the loss of lives and essential materials. What difference does the gender of the officers make?

Offline Svata

• Doesn't even fucking know anymore
  • The Beast
  • No, seriously, fuck astrology.
Are... Are you real? You're everything bad about white guys from the internet (except Nazism, so far) rolled up into one stupid little ball of hate.
"Politician" is the occupational equivalent of "Florida".

Offline davedan

• Lord Cracker
  • The Beast
no he's not real. Also while not pretending to be an actual nazi he does promote anglocentric culture, which apparently doesn't matter about race so long as you are an anglophone with particular values

Offline niam2023

• The Beast
  • The Forum Chad
I am reminded of the Saxon Foundation - white supremacist group with a bent toward Anglocentricism.
Living Life, Lifting, Waiting for Summer

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
I wish to point out that, yes the parallels between the rebels and Viet Cong were there intentionally. But it doesn't make them the bad guys. Note that the Empire blows up Alderaan, killing all of their civilian population right in the first film. That is canon in all the versions. I don't know how the Empire-did-nothing-wrong folks all seem to consider that to be OK. Also the Emperor disbanded the democratic senate and replaced it with his hand picked lackeys. That is tyranny, not law and order.

The Empire has always been a bunch of cartoon villains who are just a step away from kicking puppies while twirling their moustache.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast

So? He's reprimanded by superior officers for disobeying orders that ultimately led to the loss of lives and essential materials. What difference does the gender of the officers make?

It was done intentionally to portray a message that women are more responsible, calculated, and cautious.

Offline Jacob Harrison

• The Beast
I wish to point out that, yes the parallels between the rebels and Viet Cong were there intentionally. But it doesn't make them the bad guys. Note that the Empire blows up Alderaan, killing all of their civilian population right in the first film. That is canon in all the versions. I don't know how the Empire-did-nothing-wrong folks all seem to consider that to be OK. Also the Emperor disbanded the democratic senate and replaced it with his hand picked lackeys. That is tyranny, not law and order.

The Empire has always been a bunch of cartoon villains who are just a step away from kicking puppies while twirling their moustache.

Well, arguments have been made that since Alderaan was one of the top rebel planets, it was a legit military target and was done to put an end to a war that would have cost more lives than the people of Alderaan. The Senate was disbanded because there were many Senators supporting the rebellion.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast

It was done intentionally to portray a message that women are more responsible, calculated, and cautious.
In the original trilogy Princess Leia was more responsible, calculated and cautious than either Luke or Han. Is that "misandrist" too?

Offline Lana Reverse

• The Beast
Did...

Did you just try to whitewash the destruction of Alderaan as Hard Men Making Hard DecisionsTM? You are one sick little puppy, you know that?

And you're acting a lot like an SJW right now. But then again, you have so little self-awareness you're probably invisible to Zen Buddhists, so it's not surprising you haven't noticed the irony.
Beware those who hate the rich more than they love the poor.

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
Maybe he secretly admires Grand Moff Tarkin, y'know. British, upper class, arrogant, genocidal. I can definitely see it.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.

Well, arguments have been made that since Alderaan was one of the top rebel planets, it was a legit military target and was done to put an end to a war that would have cost more lives than the people of Alderaan. The Senate was disbanded because there were many Senators supporting the rebellion.

Wow.  So how does your attraction to your second cousin add into this?