Author Topic: Glenn Morton goes nuts.  (Read 1282 times)

Offline the_ignored

• Bishop
    • Skeptic Friends Network
Glenn Morton goes nuts.
« on: December 05, 2012, 11:24:00 pm »
Well, looks like xian evolutionist and former YECer Glenn Morton has in a fit of pique, taken down his anti-creationist archives.  Why?  He doesn't want to see "atheists" using his stuff against xians anymore!

To prove my point, he has done it again.  On my 50th birthday, (coincidentally) Glenn Morton deleted all his files from his own web-page.  His explanation, ‘Why I left Young-Earth Creationism‘ is still available on other websites, but no longer on his own.  His explanation for ‘Why I took my creation web pages down‘ is a disorienting decent into madness.  In it there are many lines of cascading failure, including this gem:

“I watched the leftist party vote 3 times to drop God and Jerusalem and then watched their leaders steal that election on national TV and everyone knows that election was stolen.”

Wow.

He says religion has a right to be wrong, and that means it’s OK to lie to children in the guise of ‘teaching’ them.  He says creationism is factually wrong, and a detriment to his religion, but he still prefers that to atheists NOT indoctrinating other people’s children.  He says that offering only an actual factual education instead is somehow tantamount to a totalitarian forced conformity.

The worst is his attack on Sandra Fluke:
This paragraph will make everyone mad. The powers that be think that everyone MUST be forced to pay for contraception for the YES, slutty life style of Sandra Fluck who gave a speech at the Democratic convention bemoaning that we don't pay for her contraception. (Rush Limbaugh got in lots of trouble for saying she is a slut, yet it is Sandra who wants to live a life of sex where everyone else pays to keep her from getting pregnant). Why must I as a Christian, who thinks such behavior abysmal, sinful and self destructive pay for her to have sexcapades without consequences? Why must my taxes be used to support what I view as her responsibility? Why does she have a right to pick the money in my pocket when she didn't earn it?

I used to respect him while he was fighting people like "Socrates"/John Sarfarti on TheologyWeb, and now this?

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
Re: Glenn Morton goes nuts.
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2012, 12:35:24 am »
Who is this guy and why should I give 1 shit about his views and opinions?