Author Topic: Islamophobe converts to Islam  (Read 1633 times)

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
Islamophobe converts to Islam
« on: January 27, 2018, 01:12:45 am »
Arthur Wagner was a leader of the German Alt-right party Alternative for Germany, slogan "Islam doesn't belong in Germany".  He's tried to ban the construction of Mosques, screamed the Angela Merkel was "mutating" germany, called of the police to shoot refugees and run ads straight out of Nazi propaganda.

He has now quit the party and converted to Islam.

As far as anyone can tell it's because he spent some time working as a translator for some Chechen immigrants which brought about a change of heart.

Now the question is will this new perspective cause him to adopt a healthy form of his new religion and let go of a life of hating those different from himself, or will we soon see him join up with ISIS or something for an exciting new life of hating a new kind of different people?

https://www.vox.com/2018/1/24/16927978/germany-far-right-party-afd-islam-convert-arthur-wagner

Offline Tolpuddle Martyr

• The Beast
  • Have you got thumbs? SHOW ME YOUR FUCKING THUMBS!
Re: Islamophobe converts to Islam
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2018, 05:52:31 pm »
I wanna hear the shitfits from his old comrades-in-arms, it will be glorious!

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2018, 06:03:09 pm »
They probably died of shock.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2018, 01:17:18 am »
...There is a type of person who goes from one extreme to another always being 100% for the ideology/religion and even denouncing their earlier beliefs as violently as any other belief that they now consider wrong.

Might not be the case this time but I've seen people act like that.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Skybison

• The Beast
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2018, 02:20:48 am »
^ Case in point Arnold van Doorn, who used to be one of Geert Wilder's henchmen screaming about immigrants and advocating the Eurabia conspiracy theory who a few years ago similarly converted after spending time around Muslims.

He now spends his time as a Erdogan fanboy screaming that all of Turkey's new dictator's critics are puppets of a Jewish conspiracy against Turkey.

Offline Kanzenkankaku

• The Beast
  • Dreamer/Lightner
    • Mastadon Account
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2018, 04:32:01 am »
There's also the classic case study of those partisans back in Weimer Germany who would flip-flop between being Nazi party (who were rising to power) and being extreme Communist party members. There were some of each in either direction.