Author Topic: Ask Sandman  (Read 47095 times)

Offline m52nickerson

• Polish Viking
  • The Beast
  • Winning by flying omoplata!
Re: Ask Sandman
« Reply #120 on: July 01, 2012, 09:16:33 pm »
Sandman, if you could relive one day of your life, what day would that be?
It is a tale told by an idiot, full of sound and fury, signifying nothing. ~Macbeth

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #121 on: July 01, 2012, 10:14:01 pm »
Is there a problem that can't be solved by a tank?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
  • We Have Such Sights To Show You.
« Reply #122 on: July 01, 2012, 11:11:19 pm »
SpaceProg, that is no a question.

No. Can't say as it does. Never really bothered me. Nope. Nay. Nyet.

My wedding day.

Yes. Quicksand.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #123 on: July 02, 2012, 12:30:34 am »
Yeah it was.  Have you ever heard the song Celtic Sonant?

Eh, never mind. 

Sorry for interrupting.

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #124 on: July 02, 2012, 08:15:56 am »
No, I haven't. But I will be sure to check it out.
"In case you're interested, there's still some positions available for that bonus opportunity I mentioned earlier. Again: all you gotta do is let
us disassemble you. We're not banging rocks together here. We know how to put a man back together. So that's a complete reassembly. New vitals. Spit-shine on the old ones. Plus we're scooping out tumors. Frankly, you oughtta be paying us." -Cave Johnson

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #125 on: July 02, 2012, 09:50:13 am »
I think you'll like it.
Why did you choose Cave Johnson as an av?

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #126 on: July 02, 2012, 10:59:56 am »
Because according to my friends, I pretty much AM Cave Johnson, if Cave was Scottish. I had those exact 'burns when I was younger.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #127 on: July 02, 2012, 11:40:42 am »
Are you expecting to get your epic 'stache back any time soon?

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #128 on: July 02, 2012, 01:10:50 pm »
If at all possible.

Distind

« Reply #129 on: July 02, 2012, 02:07:32 pm »
Sandman,

You have 6 top priorities, 5 second priorities and no authority. How do you prioritize your day?

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #130 on: July 02, 2012, 02:21:28 pm »
At my age? I tell the next guy to get off his ass and take care of the 6 top priorities, screw the next five, and take off early to catch a ball game.

But if I had no authority? I've been in that situation before. I would bust my ass and get all that shit done, 'cause We Scots don't know the meaning of the word failure. Seriously, we don't. Angus MacBain was the only guy with a dictionary and he used it all for TP last winter.

Art Vandelay

« Reply #131 on: July 02, 2012, 02:39:57 pm »
I would bust my ass and get all that shit done, 'cause We Scots don't know the meaning of the word failure.
I believe it would be defined as "be battered to a pulp by the English and forced to be their bitch pretty much until the collapse of western civilisation, if that".

Offline sandman

• The Eternal
  • The Beast
« Reply #132 on: July 02, 2012, 04:10:57 pm »
All part of the long term plan, my friend, all part of the long term plan. I would tell you about it, but then I'd have to kill you 'cause ya ain't a Scot.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #133 on: July 02, 2012, 07:57:40 pm »
I'm part Scot, does that count?
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline SpaceProg

• The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #134 on: July 02, 2012, 08:20:32 pm »
Me too!  I even have a Robert the Bruce flag.  Lion Rampant and everythin'
Will you tell us Scottish-Americans/Canadians/whatever?