Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1090167 times)

Distind

Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1140 on: September 24, 2012, 11:12:18 am »
That's actually what I meant although it was based on the assumption that your tax code is actually progressive enough to offer tax breaks and credits to students.
You get breaks on your college loan interest, that you paid.

I can't think of any others off the top of my head beyond the earned income credit which is rather recent. She could well be paying a higher tax percentage than Romney.

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #1141 on: September 24, 2012, 12:30:29 pm »
That's actually what I meant although it was based on the assumption that your tax code is actually progressive enough to offer tax breaks and credits to students.
You get breaks on your college loan interest, that you paid.

I can't think of any others off the top of my head beyond the earned income credit which is rather recent. She could well be paying a higher tax percentage than Romney.
A hastily Googled link for comparison:some breaks for Canadian students

We also don't get taxed (federally) on the first $10500 we make.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #1142 on: September 24, 2012, 07:51:29 pm »

There actually is a tax credit for students. I never got to take it because my income while in school amounted to about $12/year. IIRC, the credit is $3000 or $4000.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #1143 on: September 26, 2012, 11:07:29 pm »
Blaaaaaaaaaaah

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1144 on: September 26, 2012, 11:40:51 pm »
I think the sign needs to be fixed a bit.

"It is wrong to tax a working person almost to the breaking point, and then give it to the person who makes all of his profit off of the working person without having to work himself."
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1145 on: September 28, 2012, 01:11:00 pm »
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:23:23 pm by Veras »
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1146 on: September 28, 2012, 02:58:30 pm »

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1147 on: September 28, 2012, 03:12:50 pm »
If you're asking if it's real--I found it in an article about the Affordable Care Act in the CQ Reseacher.  It was an anti-ACA protester outside of the Supreme Court building on the day that the SCOTUS handed down their ruling.

It's real.

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #1148 on: September 28, 2012, 03:18:25 pm »

"Yeah, fuck those retired seniors and military veterans and poor people working three jobs! How dare those lazy shits steal from the real hard-working Americans like me."

Offline Mechtaur

• The Beast
  • Ladies, contain your orgasms.
« Reply #1149 on: September 28, 2012, 03:20:40 pm »
If you're asking if it's real--I found it in an article about the Affordable Care Act in the CQ Reseacher.  It was an anti-ACA protester outside of the Supreme Court building on the day that the SCOTUS handed down their ruling.

It's real.

No, I meant as in it keeps asking for authentication before I can enter.

EDIT: Aw, working now.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:24:19 pm by Mechtaur »

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #1150 on: September 28, 2012, 03:21:34 pm »

"Yeah, fuck those retired seniors and military veterans and poor people working three jobs! How dare those lazy shits steal from the real hard-working Americans like me."

That 53% quote isn't even accurate. 81% of the country pays it's taxes.

edit to add relevant info graphic:

« Last Edit: September 28, 2012, 03:26:35 pm by gyeonghwa »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1151 on: September 28, 2012, 03:24:38 pm »

It's real.

No, I meant as in it keeps asking for authentication before I can enter.

Ah, that's probably because I linked it directly from the CQ page, which requires a login.

I moved the image to imgur.  Is it working now?

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1152 on: September 28, 2012, 06:23:46 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline MrsYoungie

• Neonate
« Reply #1153 on: September 28, 2012, 09:32:29 pm »

And she's taking Fine Arts?  She'd better get ready to unemployed.

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1154 on: September 28, 2012, 10:50:41 pm »

And she's taking Fine Arts?  She'd better get ready to unemployed.

Unless she's going for an MRS degree.