Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1090199 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1065 on: September 06, 2012, 01:33:35 pm »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Distind

« Reply #1066 on: September 06, 2012, 01:41:32 pm »
And remember, if you consider government to be the enemy you can be a prick without any problems. Why fix something when you can just hate it instead.

Not that any of the things in there are really a fix, so much as an impressive amount of white whine simultaneously complaining about paying taxes and taking credit for what's done with them.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1067 on: September 06, 2012, 04:46:24 pm »
*licks the sign*

*contemplatively smacks his lips*

Yep.  Tastes like bullshit.  Where's the Serious Toothpaste?
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1068 on: September 06, 2012, 07:43:24 pm »

Yep. The green isn't emotional at all.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Veras

• The Beast
  • I aim to misbehave
« Reply #1069 on: September 06, 2012, 11:23:10 pm »
The fuck?  That statement is factually true, how can you make an emotional appeal against emotional appeals in a statement that isn't an emotional appeal!?
RIP Tony Benn (1925 - 2014)

"There is no moral difference between a stealth bomber and a suicide bomber. Both kill innocent people for political reasons."

“If we can find the money to kill people, we can find the money to help people.”

"I'm not frightened about death. I don't know why, but I just feel that at a certain moment your switch is switched off, and that's it. And you can't do anything about it."

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #1070 on: September 08, 2012, 10:30:17 pm »

Saturn500

« Reply #1071 on: September 08, 2012, 10:38:32 pm »
That isn't much of a choice if one leads to eternal damnation.

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #1072 on: September 08, 2012, 10:57:45 pm »
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #1073 on: September 09, 2012, 05:08:54 am »
I hope a church didn't make those or someone's about to lose their tax exemption status.
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #1074 on: September 09, 2012, 11:06:21 am »
It's still working for me. Anybody got any ideas as to what in Smeg's name is happening and how I can punch the problem in the face?

Eidt: I'll try posting it from a different source:

Y'know, honestly, I can't disagree with their main statement: No to Sharia Law/Islamic Extremism.
If there were any chance in hell the Brits might find themselves being forced to adopt Sharia Law, the first one might be an issue.  But it's not.
As for the second one: Fundamentalist or Extremist religious doctrine of any kind of harmful and needs to be disposed of.  Muslim fundamentalists seem to be rich in crazy and violent, even compared to other religions' fundies.
Now if only those two points were their only message.
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1075 on: September 09, 2012, 08:00:42 pm »
It's still working for me. Anybody got any ideas as to what in Smeg's name is happening and how I can punch the problem in the face?

Y'know, honestly, I can't disagree with their main statement: No to Sharia Law/Islamic Extremism.

Indeed, and if that was their actual stance, we wouldn't have a problem with this.

However, their policy to counter Sharia Law/Islamic Extremism is essentially "deport every single Muslim (and for that matter, anyone who's not a native Brit) ever back to Iran because they ALL want Sharia Law and they're ALL extremists."
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Offline MaybeNever

• Got His Red Wings
  • Pope
  • Possessed of a proclivity for prolixity
« Reply #1076 on: September 09, 2012, 08:35:40 pm »

Indeed, and if that was their actual stance, we wouldn't have a problem with this.

However, their policy to counter Sharia Law/Islamic Extremism is essentially "deport every single Muslim (and for that matter, anyone who's not a native Brit) ever back to Iran because they ALL want Sharia Law and they're ALL extremists."

Also their policy to look like 11-year-olds by using "u" instead of "you". Way to win me over, guys!
"Great Britain's two most senior military officers added to the uneasiness. [...] Lord Wolseley, Adjutant General, thought that it might be possible for an enemy to invade without waiters and pastrycooks."
-Robert K. Massie, Dreadnought

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #1077 on: September 09, 2012, 08:44:36 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1078 on: September 09, 2012, 08:47:53 pm »
I've heard of people getting deathly ill, needing health care that their job provides them, getting fired from their job because of being deathly ill, and so being unable to get the health care.

Not to mention, most of everybody's lives are being entrusted to organizations (health insurance corporations) whose best interest is making sure you DON'T get covered for health care.

Offline Patches

• Bishop
« Reply #1079 on: September 09, 2012, 09:30:25 pm »

Conservatism: I love my country but don't you DARE make me take care of it.