Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1089738 times)

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1035 on: August 26, 2012, 06:49:48 pm »
]I'm not sure if "Heartbeat" has anything to do with the Pro-life rhetoric that "a heartbeat starts in [whatever amount of days]", even if the heart is underdeveloped, or if that was the car dealership that the driver got his (possibly used) Chevy truck from. I could be missing the point, so take this with a pinch of salt.

Chevy used to use the slogan "Heartbeat of America," so it could just be a general reference to a Chevy truck, not to a particular dealership
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1036 on: August 26, 2012, 07:00:46 pm »
I don't know what point the other sticker is trying to say, other than "Democrats fight racism*, so vote Republican." Well, I still don't know because it doesn't make very much since, like all these stupid consie bumper stickers.

It's trying to say "Fight racism by voting Republican" because of this meme going around that because the KKK were founded by democrats, that the democratic party is the party of racists.

(I wonder if anyone on the right has bothered to notice that the KKK is now run by Republicans, since we're pointing fingers and all)
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #1037 on: August 26, 2012, 07:16:39 pm »
You can actually pinpoint when the switch in racist allegiances happened - 1964, when LBJ signed the civil rights act.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1038 on: August 26, 2012, 07:20:46 pm »
Nah, it was well before that, despite Eisenhower. I once saw the split put sometime in the 20s.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1039 on: August 30, 2012, 10:38:37 pm »

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1040 on: August 30, 2012, 10:41:13 pm »
I see they're still using that particular lie.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
« Reply #1041 on: August 30, 2012, 11:52:20 pm »
Borrowing money from Americans to spend money improving the lot of Americans is totally just like stealing it from those Americans.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #1042 on: August 31, 2012, 03:02:06 am »
Borrowing money from Americans to spend money improving the lot of Americans is totally just like stealing it from those Americans.

Tch tch tch.  (wags his finger)  Fred, that's logical, and therefore of the devil.  We can't very well use that evil, Satanic reason to actually make people's lives better, that would make Jesus cry more than when little Timmy waxes his monkey...and that makes poor Jesus resort to cutting, as we all know.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #1043 on: August 31, 2012, 09:59:54 pm »

Offline Undecided

• The boring one.
  • Bishop
  • Amateur Obfuscator
« Reply #1044 on: August 31, 2012, 11:51:48 pm »
I don't know what point the other sticker is trying to say, other than "Democrats fight racism*, so vote Republican." Well, I still don't know because it doesn't make very much since, like all these stupid consie bumper stickers.

It's trying to say "Fight racism by voting Republican" because of this meme going around that because the KKK were founded by democrats, that the democratic party is the party of racists.
I don't think it's trying to say that: that particular argument is almost always specifically tailored towards Blacks, and there is no evidence of that here. In fact, given the inferred hostility to African descent in the other bumper sticker, the audience is probably White. There are a few other possibilities that I think more likely.

I think it is most likely referring to the large amount of support among Black Americans for President Obama. The driver probably perceives this support as the result of an unsubstantiated racial preference among Black Americans, i.e., as the result of what he would call racism against White people.

It could also be a plug against affirmative action. In this case, the driver sees himself and his race as losing out against racial minorities in institutionalized racial preferences. He would call it reverse discrimination, and see it as racism against Whites.
You mad, you lose.

People do not like to think. If one thinks, one must reach conclusions. Conclusions are not always pleasant.
Helen Keller
Le doute n'est pas une condition agréable, mais la certitude est absurde.
Voltaire

Offline Rabbit of Caerbannog

• He's Got Great Big Teeth and the Holy Hand Grenade!
  • The Beast
  • Hit me with your best shot! Fire awaaaay!
« Reply #1045 on: September 01, 2012, 12:13:12 am »

Well, yes. How the hell can you perform such a delicate operation with a gun?

• The Beast
« Reply #1046 on: September 01, 2012, 12:16:50 am »

LOL
Cognitive...dissonance...overload...

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1047 on: September 01, 2012, 12:18:25 am »
But you forget, they don't look at it as an operation, they look at it as MURDERING BABIEZ...

• The Beast
« Reply #1048 on: September 01, 2012, 12:22:05 am »
But you forget, they don't look at it as an operation, they look at it as MURDERING BABIEZ...
Now that I think about it, how exactly would that go down anyway?

Abortion doctor: Why yes, ma'am, I can dissect a fetus at fifty paces.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #1049 on: September 01, 2012, 12:40:15 am »
Now that I think about it, how exactly would that go down anyway?

Abortion doctor: Why yes, ma'am, I can dissect a fetus at fifty paces.

You gotta use baby skull seeking seeking bullets.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osgrd1MPb7I" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=osgrd1MPb7I</a>

Please no gun arguments as it usually devolves into the kind of stupid in the video. Though as a commentor said the quote, "Lets say a bunch of punks go out in the woods and strap a bullet proof vest to a grizzly bear. What a ya got? Invincible bear," has to be one of the most awesome things I've heard in a while. You know what's worse than invincible bears? Invincible moon bears...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvjgIxuVdo4" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pvjgIxuVdo4</a>

What looked like a political themed comedy sketch in 2008 looks like political reality now (moon base, invade Iran).
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov