Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1089947 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #1020 on: August 26, 2012, 01:09:00 am »
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #1021 on: August 26, 2012, 01:20:07 am »
Hmmm... Would homocracy mean a single-party system?
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1022 on: August 26, 2012, 01:22:29 am »
You would think that. But it was posted by this guy.

I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
  • Get me my arbalest... explosive bolts, please.
« Reply #1023 on: August 26, 2012, 01:24:51 am »
... what's wrong with going shopping? Being thrifty and saving money has been a manly thing since the 1800's when banking really got started!
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline VirtualStranger

• Blinded with Science
  • The Beast
« Reply #1024 on: August 26, 2012, 01:27:11 am »
"White teeth = Gay"?

I... What?

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #1025 on: August 26, 2012, 01:32:13 am »
Is this group trolling/?  Maybe one member is a troll.  On the plus side these assholes have awful teeth

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #1026 on: August 26, 2012, 01:36:39 am »
This person is most likely a self-loathing closet gay.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #1027 on: August 26, 2012, 02:40:42 am »
I haven't seen anything that stupid since two minutes ago. :|
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Barbarella

• The Beast
  • A Little REY of Sunshine!
« Reply #1028 on: August 26, 2012, 09:53:45 am »
"White teeth = Gay"?

I... What?

Sounds like that idiot who calls himself "Wotan's Krieger", who says that frequent baths/showers is "gay".

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #1029 on: August 26, 2012, 10:12:17 am »
Wait, just shopping in general is "gay"? I get where a homophobe would consider a man who enjoys shopping for clothes to be gay, though that is still stupid, but there are traditionally acceptable items for men to enjoy shopping for - electronics, cars, etc.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #1030 on: August 26, 2012, 12:58:51 pm »
I like going to J C Penney's and finding decent T-shirts for $4-6 on sale, and a pair of jeans for $12 that'll fit my ass.  When I can spend $80 and walk out with two week's worth of new clothes, I'm not going to complain.
There is light and darkness in the world, to be sure.  However, there's no harm to be had in walking in the shade or shadows.

Formerly Priestling

"I don't give a fuck about race...I'm white, I'm American, but that shit don't matter.  I'm human."

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #1031 on: August 26, 2012, 02:20:35 pm »

LOL

I like going to J C Penney's and finding decent T-shirts for $4-6 on sale, and a pair of jeans for $12 that'll fit my ass.  When I can spend $80 and walk out with two week's worth of new clothes, I'm not going to complain.
If you go to the Poughkeepsie store, there's a good chance you'll get to meet me.  :D

Offline Cerim Treascair

• My Love Is Lunar
  • The Beast
« Reply #1032 on: August 26, 2012, 02:36:56 pm »
Nick:  May come down there to say hi if me and my roomie are in the area at some point then... but we usually hit the one in Kingston.

Formerly Priestling

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #1033 on: August 26, 2012, 06:03:18 pm »

LOL

1) The juxtaposition is hilarious.
2) I'm betting this person is of the opinion that accusations of racism perpetuate racism. Look, the civil rights acts passed and now we have black president, clearly the 298 (give or take)* years of discrimination against and oppression of African-Americans has been undone in the last 44 (give or take)** years. Right?

*From the founding of Charles Town, which Wikipedia cites as the time when slavery in the future USA took off, to the passing of the Fair Housing Act in 1968.
**From Fair Housing Act to today.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Alehksunos

• Transvestite Boo-kin
  • The Beast
  • Gay Witch for Abortion
« Reply #1034 on: August 26, 2012, 06:41:11 pm »

LOL
  • But... Barack Obama is an American (in fact, born in Honolulu, Hawaii, and nearly two years after its statehood). His father, however, is from Kenya. And yes, he lived in Jakarta Indonesia for about five years, but he has been an American citizen for enough time to be eligible. Argument defeated.*
  • I don't know what point the other sticker is trying to say, other than "Democrats fight racism*, so vote Republican." Well, I still don't know because it doesn't make very much since, like all these stupid consie bumper stickers.
  • I'm not sure if "Heartbeat" has anything to do with the Pro-life rhetoric that "a heartbeat starts in [whatever amount of days]", even if the heart is underdeveloped, or if that was the car dealership that the driver got his (possibly used) Chevy truck from. I could be missing the point, so take this with a pinch of salt.
* ...Except everyone is still concerned about his Birth-certificate, but I feel like this is intended solely to discredit Obama like that whole "OBAMA IS KENYAN" balderdash.
** ...Seeing that it's behind a blue background and the color of the Democratic Party.