Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1091449 times)

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #825 on: July 16, 2012, 08:51:53 pm »

What no Star Wars?? It did give us the Sith.
Quick, someone build us a temple to Palpatine, and we can install Ian McDiarmid as the head!

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #826 on: July 16, 2012, 08:58:20 pm »
"Video games"
"Rock music"
"Heavy metal music"

I wonder if that applies to Christian rock bands and those NES bible games?

Yes. Is all one great big Slip ‘n’ Slide on a Rocky Mountain Mountainside.
-A Pen Name

Offline Sylvana

• The Beast
« Reply #827 on: July 17, 2012, 02:10:08 am »

I can see the christian slant in most of those, but what the hell does being a vegetarian have to do with Satan?
Not to mention how do you keep away from skulls and bones? Technically you have those inside you all the time.

Offline Random Gal

• Bisex Rex
  • The Beast
  • Sic Semper Tyrannosaurus
« Reply #828 on: July 17, 2012, 02:16:27 am »

I can see the christian slant in most of those, but what the hell does being a vegetarian have to do with Satan?
Not to mention how do you keep away from skulls and bones? Technically you have those inside you all the time.

It's a reference to a secret society that George W. Bush and some other poitical figures were in during college.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #829 on: July 17, 2012, 02:18:05 am »

I think they are referring to the Skull and bones society. You know the "secret society" in Yale:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skull_and_Bones
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline StallChaser

• Pope
  • (Haseen on the old board)
« Reply #830 on: July 17, 2012, 02:32:36 am »
The irony is that a lot of early Christian beliefs (as in before people abused it as a means of exerting control) likely came from people tripping their asses off on mushrooms.

Offline RavynousHunter

• Master Thief
  • The Beast
  • A man of no consequence.
    • My Twitter
« Reply #831 on: July 17, 2012, 04:31:01 am »
Or, recording their hallucinations as they died violently from malaria.

I like the old quote, don't remember who its from, but I think its pretty damned appropriate for that thing: The only difference between a cult and a religion is 1,000 years of murder.
Quote from: Bra'tac
Life for the sake of life means nothing.

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #832 on: July 17, 2012, 04:47:38 am »

What the hell is wrong with cyberpunk?

did anyone else read the part about "satan's components" and then have their eyes glance up at the boobles so prominent above the picture?

Weird for me as I'm gay.
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #833 on: July 17, 2012, 06:41:44 am »
Also, my friend is a Mason (he was actually in charge of his lodge for a year).  The very first requirement they have is that you believe and follow God, as in Abhrahamic God.  so how is a group, that requires it followers to follow God, demonic?

According to Jack Chick, though you believe in your whole heart you are worshiping God, the higher ups in the lodge are actually turning your worship into Satan worship. Don’t ask me how that works.

That list looks like it is from a Chick tract. So Masonry being on it is no surprise.

Well, Chick is an idiot (I know, also the sky is blue).  We attended a meeting where my friend got installed as head of his lodge, and from what we saw, they are definitely Christian. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #834 on: July 17, 2012, 06:57:41 am »
Also, my friend is a Mason (he was actually in charge of his lodge for a year).  The very first requirement they have is that you believe and follow God, as in Abhrahamic God.  so how is a group, that requires it followers to follow God, demonic?

According to Jack Chick, though you believe in your whole heart you are worshiping God, the higher ups in the lodge are actually turning your worship into Satan worship. Don’t ask me how that works.

That list looks like it is from a Chick tract. So Masonry being on it is no surprise.

Well, Chick is an idiot (I know, also the sky is blue).  We attended a meeting where my friend got installed as head of his lodge, and from what we saw, they are definitely Christian. 

Well, obviously, they’re not gonna let you see how they’re really all upons for Baphomet, or whatever else they’re going for. That’s how you know they’re really sinister—they’re always acting so good.
-A Pen Name

Offline Vypernight

• The Beast
  • Stubborn, pig-headed skeptic
« Reply #835 on: July 17, 2012, 07:04:58 am »
Yeah they went through a lot of trouble setting up Christian symbols around the lodge for a bunch of people who don't matter.

Then again, my friend would probably be killed satanic as well.  Although he carries a Bible with him everywhere and prays before every meal, first thing in the morning, and before going to bed, he supports same-sex marriage, openly criticizes his own beliefs, insists the Bible cannot be taken literally or used as a basis for law, and accepts other people and their beliefs. 
Whenever I hear a politician speaking strongly for or against abortion, all I hear is, "I have no idea how to fix the economy!"

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #836 on: July 17, 2012, 12:09:53 pm »
You know the funny thing is that LOTR is on the list, ummm isn't LOTR heavy based upon christian beliefs?? Should just add the Chronicles of Narnia to the list, especially since Tolkien and C. S Lewis were buddies.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #837 on: July 17, 2012, 12:38:50 pm »
You know the funny thing is that LOTR is on the list, ummm isn't LOTR heavy based upon christian beliefs?? Should just add the Chronicles of Narnia to the list, especially since Tolkien and C. S Lewis were buddies.

I thought LOTR was kind of a rebuttal of Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia. Lewis was a Christian, but I didn't think Tolken was.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #838 on: July 17, 2012, 12:48:58 pm »

I thought LOTR was kind of a rebuttal of Lewis's Chronicles of Narnia. Lewis was a Christian, but I didn't think Tolken was.

He was a devout catholic but I don't think he put any of it into LOTR. Unless you count Gandalf coming back from the dead to be a Jesus allegory, but I don't think that every single character that comes back from the dead is meant to be Jesus.

Besides a lot of people have seen hidden meaning in the LOTR books, sometimes Sauron is seen as a Hitler expy with orcs representing germans. (The only "proof" I've heard for this theory is that JRR Tolkien lived during WW2 and therefore everything is Hitler.)

EDIT: And just for clarification, in my opinion catholics are christians. Seems like a silly thing to have to say it but then I remembered that some people on the mainpage at least seem to not believe them to be christians.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2012, 12:53:01 pm by askold »
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #839 on: July 17, 2012, 01:01:46 pm »
I believe there is some Christian symbolism in LOTR, plus a whole lot of things that Tolkien himself lived through, such WWI.