Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1090300 times)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #720 on: June 28, 2012, 11:02:20 pm »
Pretty dumb, but it does have a point about carpooling and public transportation. Maybe it should have said "Use less oil, Ride the Bus"
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #721 on: June 29, 2012, 12:06:49 am »
Split argument into Flame and Burn, called "Argument about Racism".  Please, guys, I know that this is an emotionally charged topic, but we have Flame and Burn for a reason.  Keep it civil in this and other forums.

Also, reposting the picture that Lexikon posted that was included as part of an argument post:

« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:17:01 am by Zachski »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline booley

• Pope
  • Grand High Viceroy of the Eastern Expanses
« Reply #722 on: June 29, 2012, 12:24:45 pm »

well I chose my computer and car because I'm a photographer and I needed that stuff to make money in the first place.  My cable tv came with the internet I need to do my job.

I sure as hell don't know where my smart phone, gaming system and flat screen tv are that I supposedly bought.  They are certainly NOT where I live.

However I could get those things if I save up.  They are one time expenditures.

Insurance is nto a one time expenditure. It's ongoing.  So it would be like buying a flat screen every month for years on end.

Not really a good comparison to begin with.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2012, 12:28:02 pm by booley »
“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.”
The Doctor

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #723 on: June 29, 2012, 01:07:05 pm »

well I chose my computer and car because I'm a photographer and I needed that stuff to make money in the first place.  My cable tv came with the internet I need to do my job.

I sure as hell don't know where my smart phone, gaming system and flat screen tv are that I supposedly bought.  They are certainly NOT where I live.

Insurance is nto a one time expenditure. It's ongoing.  So it would be like buying a flat screen every month for years on end.

Oh come now. If these people were any good at critical thinking, they wouldn't be using "arguments" like this in the first place.

Of these things listed, I have a laptop, which I only bought because the last one fried on me.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #724 on: July 01, 2012, 09:11:36 pm »

Offline Canadian Mojo

• Don't Steal Him. We Need Him. He Makes Us Cool!
  • The Beast
  • Υπό σκιή
« Reply #725 on: July 01, 2012, 09:14:55 pm »

Oh come now. If these people were any good at critical thinking, they wouldn't be using "arguments" like this in the first place.

Of these things listed, I have a laptop, which I only bought because the last one fried on me.

I've got all those things minus that high a car payment and I can afford them because my taxes pay for a publicly funded health care system that is considerably more efficient than a private one and leaves me with a fair bit more money at the end of the day.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #726 on: July 02, 2012, 06:20:59 am »
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #727 on: July 02, 2012, 07:22:17 am »

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline DiscoBerry

• The Beast
    • Has the Hadron Collider Destroyed the Earth Yet?
« Reply #728 on: July 02, 2012, 08:52:17 am »

Offline SpaceProg

• What you read is what you get.
  • The Beast
  • Nocturnal
« Reply #729 on: July 02, 2012, 09:54:11 am »

Because you touch yourself at night.

Offline e13

• The Beast
  • Fabulousity is at 100%!
« Reply #730 on: July 02, 2012, 10:10:58 am »

Because you touch yourself at night.
Why do Fundies Hate America?

Yeesh, that was hard.

Just Having Some Tea, Hanging With My Friends...

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #731 on: July 02, 2012, 06:34:28 pm »

1. Saving a tree is for environmental reason, stupid.
2. No one think the former is offensive. Just we happened to not adhere to blind patriotism.
3. U Mad Bruh?
4. Hey, you don't seem to bitch about all the illegal white immigrants living here. And you don't seem to realize that on top of targeting Hispanic people, these voting laws target black people, senior citizen and young people. Oh look all the group that could potentially be a threat to conservatives.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 11:39:51 pm by gyeonghwa »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Damen

• That's COMMODORE SPLATMASTER Damen, Briber of Mods
  • The Beast
  • The Dark Sex God
    • John Damen's Photography
« Reply #732 on: July 02, 2012, 07:00:33 pm »
4. Hey, you don't seem to bitch about all the legal white immigrants living here.

Just curious, what white immigrants and why would anyone care about them if they're in the USA legally? ???
"Fear my .45"

"If the liberties of the American people are ever destroyed, they will fall by the hands of the clergy" ~ Marquis De Lafayette

'Till Next Time,
~John Damen

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #733 on: July 02, 2012, 07:06:46 pm »
4. Hey, you don't seem to bitch about all the legal white immigrants living here.

Just curious, what white immigrants and why would anyone care about them if they're in the USA legally? ???

Meant to say illegal white immigrants. Generally from East European decent. Our anti-Immigration laws targets illegal Mexican immigrants but gives free passes if it's from eastern Europe.

Edit. God I'm doing all sorts of spelling mistakes.
« Last Edit: July 02, 2012, 07:14:44 pm by gyeonghwa »
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Fpqxz

• The Beast
  • Generic forum poster #666
« Reply #734 on: July 02, 2012, 07:15:36 pm »

Meant to say illegal white immigrants. Generally for East European decent. Our anti-Immigration laws targets illegal Mexican immigrants but gives free passes if it's from eastern europe.

Just FYI, there are a fair number of illegal immigrants from the Middle East, Far East, and Africa as well.
Read some real news:  Allgov.com, JURIST

Step down Mr. and Mrs. Politically Correct.
It's so easy to be "punk" and "aware" living at home.
You can't change shit, you're too self-righteous;
you're the bigots you flaunt to loathe.
--Thought Industry, Boil