Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1091170 times)

QueenofHearts

Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #555 on: May 28, 2012, 07:50:58 pm »
Because having a baby you can't afford and being impoverished for at least the next decade is a MUCH better option, isn't it?

At least two decades. You are (legally) responsible for the first 18 years. Add the prior 5-9 months with doctors visits, furniture and such, hospital expenses, dietary changes. So you are looking at close to 19 years right now, but we're not done yet. You still have to get back to X (X being prechild financial level).

And only the worst of parents would kick their child out of the house because they turned 18. Many parents actually try to help their children get established through work or college and this only adds another 3-5 years depending on circumstances, probably more with current unemployment levels.  :-\

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #556 on: May 28, 2012, 09:47:43 pm »

It's good though that the billboard was taken down because people saw the racism in it. And from what i heard, the mother of the child in the photo was outraged that it was used that way.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #557 on: May 28, 2012, 10:30:33 pm »
Because having a baby you can't afford and being impoverished for at least the next decade is a MUCH better option, isn't it?

At least two decades. You are (legally) responsible for the first 18 years. Add the prior 5-9 months with doctors visits, furniture and such, hospital expenses, dietary changes. So you are looking at close to 19 years right now, but we're not done yet. You still have to get back to X (X being prechild financial level).

Can't you give the child? up for foster care if you can't take care of it.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #558 on: May 28, 2012, 10:33:14 pm »
That's still not very good for the child. Most of them will end up in the foster care system until they reach adulthood which can be very abusive. And when they are adults, they won't have the resources to get out of poverty. It's a nasty circle.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
« Reply #559 on: May 28, 2012, 10:44:06 pm »
shep can vouch but the foster care system is overloaded.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #560 on: May 29, 2012, 12:01:59 am »

Offline KZN02

• The Beast
  • The Master of Tediousness
« Reply #561 on: May 29, 2012, 12:09:51 am »

Of course, there are Holocaust deniers or people that think the number was exaggerated, not that I'm one of them.
What is, is not; what is not, is.

Offline Osama bin Bambi

• The Black Witch
  • Kakarot
« Reply #562 on: May 29, 2012, 12:12:48 am »

Comparing non-sentient fetuses to black people does not reflect well on your opinion of black people.

Ugh, where's Zachski's dragon fire when you need it?

Actual people died in death camps, and you're comparing a woman's desire for reproductive freedom to genocide? Fuck you and the horse you rode in on.

Stop appropriating crimes against humanity for your own!

*Yes, I know that other people were thrown into death camps for non-ethnic reasons.
Formerly known as Eva-Beatrice and Wykked Wytch.

Quote from: sandman
There are very few problems that cannot be solved with a good taint punching.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #563 on: May 29, 2012, 12:15:20 am »
Repeat after me: "STOP COMPARING ABORTION TO THE HOLOCAUST"

Offline The Right Honourable Mlle Antéchrist

• The Very Punny Punisher and Owner of the Most Glorious Chest
  • The Beast
  • And I fired two warning shots... into his head.
    • Tumblr Image Blog
« Reply #564 on: May 29, 2012, 12:38:53 am »
Even if it were immoral to abort a fetus, the fact remains that living, thinking, feeling human beings were rounded up, tossed into camps or plantations, forced into labour, starved, tortured, and murdered. They were conscious and very aware of what was happening to them. They didn't just die -- they suffered.

It's not just the numbers that matter -- it's what happened to those people, what they experienced, what they thought, and the pain and fear the felt. To pretend that it's a matter of numbers and nothing more only serves to belittle the true horrors of slavery and the holocaust.
"Je me presse de rire de tout, de peur d'être obligé d'en pleurer."

My Blog (Sometimes NSFW)

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #565 on: May 29, 2012, 12:49:42 am »

There you go
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #566 on: May 29, 2012, 01:23:08 am »
shep can vouch but the foster care system is overloaded.

Not just overloaded but also terribly broken. But I won't go into that rant again lol

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #567 on: May 29, 2012, 06:52:20 am »

There you go

Hey, I had that one on a poster when I was in college. :D
-A Pen Name

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #568 on: May 29, 2012, 07:09:30 am »

There you go

Hey, I had that one on a poster when I was in college. :D

I just googled dragon fire and found the first good one that wasn't someone's photobucket or art site :D
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #569 on: May 29, 2012, 09:42:36 am »
Even if it were immoral to abort a fetus, the fact remains that living, thinking, feeling human beings were rounded up, tossed into camps or plantations, forced into labour, starved, tortured, and murdered. They were conscious and very aware of what was happening to them. They didn't just die -- they suffered.

It's not just the numbers that matter -- it's what happened to those people, what they experienced, what they thought, and the pain and fear the felt. To pretend that it's a matter of numbers and nothing more only serves to belittle the true horrors of slavery and the holocaust.

According to Christian belief they're all in hell now. Lovely isn't it?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov