Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1101974 times)

Offline kefkaownsall

• The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #360 on: April 23, 2012, 06:06:13 pm »
Guys those are niquabs burkas cover the whole face.  I thought the idea was in theroy to block out sunlight

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #361 on: April 23, 2012, 08:38:36 pm »
Well, there are some real ones now since the Florida Family Association has called for people to protest EA for including homosexuality.

Yeah, I didn't know which that was for. lol

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Kristine

• The Beast
« Reply #362 on: April 24, 2012, 01:05:17 am »
Guys those are niquabs burkas cover the whole face.  I thought the idea was in theroy to block out sunlight
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpH83Vi7b9E" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpH83Vi7b9E</a>

Offline OscarApollo

• Neonate
« Reply #363 on: April 24, 2012, 12:16:10 pm »
MTF people are not men.  They are women.

It's not about "curing lesbians".  It's about being your true self, making your body match who you really are.  Sometimes, these transwomen are lesbians.  It happens.

Fuck it... -_-

On the same token, some people think FTMs are trying to destroy feminism and taking advantage of patriarchy to get a 'higher place in society'. I don't understand any of that logic, myself.

They're trying to get to a more respected place in the social hierarchy...

... which is why they're transgendered, the most hated and neglected minority there is.

God damn these people are fuckwits.

Offline gyeonghwa

• Uppity and Proud of It
  • The Beast
  • That angry queer your tone trolls warned you about
    • Queer & Khmer
« Reply #364 on: April 24, 2012, 12:49:34 pm »
Making people adhere to a gender that they does not reflect their identity just seems counter feminist to me. We should move beyond second wave and into intersecting feminism.
That may be the single gayest thing I have ever read on this board. Or the old one. ;)

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #365 on: April 24, 2012, 03:21:13 pm »
MTF people are not men.  They are women.

It's not about "curing lesbians".  It's about being your true self, making your body match who you really are.  Sometimes, these transwomen are lesbians.  It happens.

Fuck it... -_-

On the same token, some people think FTMs are trying to destroy feminism and taking advantage of patriarchy to get a 'higher place in society'. I don't understand any of that logic, myself.

They're trying to get to a more respected place in the social hierarchy...

... which is why they're transgendered, the most hated and neglected minority there is.

God damn these people are fuckwits.

Yep. They really are.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #366 on: April 24, 2012, 05:15:34 pm »
The Ms. Magazine blog had a quasi-bigoted (acknowledge the controversy as though it were valid type of thing) article and a pretty good response piece on the topic of trans feminism. The comments thread of both articles, particularly the pro-trans response, saw people objecting to the use of "cis", claims that trans folk were setting back the movement by reinforcing the gender binary, decrying the idea that "some women have a penis" (who's reinforcing the gender binary again?), and numerous other arguments that were rather privileged ("How dare you say that there's no universal experience for women! What about the menstrual cycle and childbirth? What about the threat of rape? You just don't understand womanhood.")

I bring this up only because damn, there's definitely a ceiling in the women's movement holding back trans people, regardless of what its made out of.
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 05:28:40 pm by Kit Walker »
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline nickiknack

• I Find Your Lack of Ponies... Disturbing
  • The Beast
  • HAS A KINK FOR SPACE NAZIS
« Reply #367 on: April 24, 2012, 10:32:15 pm »

If anyone is wondering the blurred out word is it's the N-word, here's the story
« Last Edit: April 24, 2012, 10:44:47 pm by nickiknack »

Saturn500

« Reply #368 on: April 24, 2012, 10:40:59 pm »
Pic doesn't show up.

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #369 on: April 24, 2012, 10:54:41 pm »

If anyone is wondering the blurred out word is it's the N-word, here's the story

I can't see pic, but the fact that it's named "White House Nigger" is very telling about what the content likely is. Is it bad that I've become rather used to people saying the N word in a offensive context? I thought the world had moved past blatant racism and at least made an attempt to hide it.
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #370 on: April 24, 2012, 10:58:06 pm »
Why is everyone having trouble seeing the pic, I can see it fine on my computer....

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #371 on: April 24, 2012, 11:02:41 pm »
It failed to show up the first time I looked, but now it shows up just fine.

While I abhor the sentiment, I like seeing it expressed so bluntly. If you're going to be a piece of shit racist, at least be "out of the closet" about it.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #372 on: April 25, 2012, 01:35:51 pm »

What that story doesn't mention is that the bar is run by Klansmen, and has a site covered in proud racism, including a graphic of a blond boy (modeled after the Calvin image) urinating  on an African-American stereotype with Obama's face pasted on...  But they're not racist, no no.
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Distind

« Reply #373 on: April 25, 2012, 03:16:43 pm »
As for anyone having issue with the image, it's your browser, it's trying to save you from the stupid.

Offline nickiknack

• The Beast
« Reply #374 on: April 25, 2012, 05:56:11 pm »

What that story doesn't mention is that the bar is run by Klansmen, and has a site covered in proud racism, including a graphic of a blond boy (modeled after the Calvin image) urinating  on an African-American stereotype with Obama's face pasted on...  But they're not racist, no no.

You're right this guy's an all around loud mouth racist douche...I found this joy of another sign the asshole had up a few years ago

again the blurred out word is the N-word
and a sweet little advertisment for a Klan rally on stormfront...but he's not a racist he has a NAACP memership card and pictures of Mandela & MLK hanging in his bar.
« Last Edit: April 25, 2012, 06:09:43 pm by nickiknack »