Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1089654 times)

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #330 on: April 22, 2012, 01:30:23 am »

EDIT: Because of the new page I added the pic.

So, I googled the term "cotton ceiling" and most of the things I found were blog posts where the writers were explaining how they don't think trans women are REAL women and should not be considered so.

They all did start the post with "I'm not transphobic" or "at the risk of sounding transphobic" so, yay for additional irony. (Just once I'd like to have someone start a conversation with I'm not racist/bigot/homophobe/etc. and then prove that the claim IS true.)

One post did claim that the term cotton ceiling refers to the panties of an lesbian and simply means the fact that lesbians don't want to have sex with men.

Although in that case I really don't get what Lexikon's pic is supposed to mean. (Is it supposed to be ironic?)

Ps. On the subject of "cotton ceiling" On one hand, demanding that a person should have sex with you just because you are of the gender/sex that the other person's orientation should prefer is not cool. If I walk up to an random hetero-woman and demand that she should have sex with me because I am a man it would not be "ok," since, you know, people have a right to decide who they fuck. Besides it takes more than gender for sexual attraction. (appearance, personality, etc.)

On the other hand... Those on the other side of the debate did not reply with "What if that particular lesbian just isn't attracted to you." Their reply is "We won't have sex with any transwomen since you aren't real women." Or as one person said: "Sit down, shut up, and read a book (or a blog). We will be over here, having fabulous queer sex without you." (In other context that would be a cool statement.)

Sorry about the rant.
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Cataclysm

• The Beast
« Reply #331 on: April 22, 2012, 01:46:58 am »
"men" meaning MTF transsexuals.

Basically Planned Parenthood tried to organize a meeting trying to help MtF transexuals to get into relationships, and cue a bunch of radfems screaming that it was rape.
I'd be more sympathetic if people here didn't act like they knew what they were saying when they were saying something very much wrong.

Commenter Brendan Rizzo is an American (still living there) who really, really hates America. He used to make posts defending his country from anti-American attacks but got fed up with it all.

Offline Askold

• Definitely not hiding a dark secret.
  • Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #332 on: April 22, 2012, 02:00:38 am »
"men" meaning MTF transsexuals.

Basically Planned Parenthood tried to organize a meeting trying to help MtF transexuals to get into relationships, and cue a bunch of radfems screaming that it was rape.

So I actually was on topic?!
No matter what happens, no matter what my last words may end up being, I want everyone to claim that they were:
"If you strike me down, I shall become more powerful than you could possibly imagine."
Aww, you guys rock. :)  I feel the love... and the pitchforks and torches.  Tingly!

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #333 on: April 22, 2012, 02:20:13 am »
MTF people are not men.  They are women.

It's not about "curing lesbians".  It's about being your true self, making your body match who you really are.  Sometimes, these transwomen are lesbians.  It happens.

Fuck it... -_-
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #334 on: April 22, 2012, 02:29:02 am »

I thought "curing lesbians" meant a guy raping them to make them straight. I've never understood the logic of that. There's also straight guys who rape gay guys to turn them straight. How the hell does that make any sense at all?
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #335 on: April 22, 2012, 03:29:54 am »
MTF people are not men.  They are women.

It's not about "curing lesbians".  It's about being your true self, making your body match who you really are.  Sometimes, these transwomen are lesbians.  It happens.

Fuck it... -_-

On the same token, some people think FTMs are trying to destroy feminism and taking advantage of patriarchy to get a 'higher place in society'. I don't understand any of that logic, myself. Said FTMs can also 'become' gay males.

As for 'curing lesbians' by raping them... yeah. That's some really funky logic and heartbreaking.

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline TenfoldMaquette

• Pope
« Reply #336 on: April 22, 2012, 09:16:39 am »

I thought "curing lesbians" meant a guy raping them to make them straight. I've never understood the logic of that.

The train of thought here is that MtF transsexuals are still men, and thus by trying to enter into a lesbian relationship they are corrupting it by sneaking their "male-ness" in under the lie of presenting themselves as female to a prospective partner. Since lesbians, pretty much by definition, don't want to have sex with men, there is this sentiment that it's just another covert attempt to force them into a straight (male-female) partnership against their will, and is thus identical to a "normal" straight man raping them straight.

It's a horrible convoluted and insulting mess of a conclusion, and I most certainly do not agree with it in any capacity.

Offline chad sexington

• Global Moderator
  • The Beast
« Reply #337 on: April 22, 2012, 09:58:05 am »

Response to this, response to all modesty ads:

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #338 on: April 22, 2012, 11:08:05 am »
Ok, this time I really DO need a translation.  What's going on in the breastfeeding picture?
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline erictheblue

• The Beast
« Reply #339 on: April 22, 2012, 11:52:12 am »
Ok, this time I really DO need a translation.  What's going on in the breastfeeding picture?

Looks like the man is just talking to the woman, even though she has her breast out. Contrast to the two men turning around to look at the woman in a burka.
[Anonymous is] like... an internet Cthulu... you don't want to rouse them, but at the same time... woah think of the beautiful chaos! - SpaceProg

Offline N. De Plume

• Mysterious Writing Implement
  • The Beast
  • Nom, nom, nom…
« Reply #340 on: April 22, 2012, 12:15:33 pm »

Looks like the man is just talking to the woman, even though she has her breast out. Contrast to the two men turning around to look at the woman in a burka.

Took me a moment to notice those to men’s cycle was stopped. Kinda took all the fun out of imagining them hitting a parked car because they were too busy ogling the lady to pay attention to what was ahead of them.
-A Pen Name

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #341 on: April 22, 2012, 02:18:17 pm »

Slightly undercut by the man behind him who might be looking at her boob.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #342 on: April 22, 2012, 02:39:45 pm »
How the hell can you perv over a woman in burka?

Offline Her3tiK

• Suffers in Sanity
  • The Beast
  • Learn to Swim
    • HeretiK Productions
« Reply #343 on: April 22, 2012, 02:45:10 pm »
Ankles were risque at one point in Western history. Same logic.
Her3tik, you have groupies.
Ego: +5

There are a number of ways, though my favourite is simply to take them by surprise. They're just walking down the street, minding their own business when suddenly, WHACK! Penis to the face.

Offline Kit Walker

• Pope
  • Grand Master Brain Wizard*
« Reply #344 on: April 22, 2012, 03:03:23 pm »
Ankles were risque at one point in Western history. Same logic.

DAT FOOT.
"Well believe me, Mike, I calculated the odds of this succeeding versus the odds I was doing something incredibly stupid... and I went ahead anyway." - Crow T. Robot

*Actual title from the Universal Life Church Monastery, the outfit that ordained me as a wedding officiant.