Author Topic: Dumbest Protest Signs  (Read 1091473 times)

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
  • I see what you were trying to do there
Re: Dumbest Protest Signs
« Reply #270 on: April 17, 2012, 06:18:27 pm »
1) A POW/MIA ribbon. Now, some people think there's no point to them. But it means a lot to me considering I've known some POWs. It isn't some platitude like 'support our troops'. It's true blue emotion and belief about how I want our POWs and MIAs home, safe and sound. But I won't get any further into that debate.

My understanding of the POW/MIA thing is that it's a conspiracy theory about the Vietnamese government.
Ultimate Paragon admits to fabricating a hit piece on Politico.

http://fqa.digibase.ca/index.php?topic=6936.0

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Smurfette Principle

• Will Blind You With Library Science!
  • The Beast
  • Pedicabo ego vos et irrumabo.
« Reply #271 on: April 17, 2012, 06:39:25 pm »
1) A POW/MIA ribbon. Now, some people think there's no point to them. But it means a lot to me considering I've known some POWs. It isn't some platitude like 'support our troops'. It's true blue emotion and belief about how I want our POWs and MIAs home, safe and sound. But I won't get any further into that debate.

My understanding of the POW/MIA thing is that it's a conspiracy theory about the Vietnamese government.

...how? We know for a fact that people get captured by enemy forces. That's how war works.

Offline TheL

• The Cock Teasing Teacher
  • The Beast
  • Fly like cheese sticks.
« Reply #272 on: April 17, 2012, 07:18:39 pm »
I consider a wee Christian fish badge on a car a sign to handle it with care, as the drivers of same tend toward the lower end of the driving skill/ highway code knowledge/ cyclist friendly pool

If I seen that coming, I'd get myself into the next county sharpish.

(Anecdotally. In my time, I reckon I've nailed the "problem road users by decoration" thing quite well. Basically, anyone using a car as an advert for their beliefs or a fashion accessory is best avoided. And pretty much anyone in a Hyundai Accent, small Vauxhall vans, brightly coloured french hatchbacks. And definitely any business-sponsored SMaRT, MINI, Fiat 500 or suchlike. By comparison, the perennial bugbears of motorists, like Beemers, Mercs, SUVs tend to stay the fuck away from me. Perhaps I look like my sideburns would scratch their paintwork).

...I drive a Hyundai Accent. :<  With an "I <3 My Poodle" magnet.  I'm tempted to get a "Coexist" bumper sticker, but I'm not sure how the blue would match with a powder-blue paint job.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 07:20:23 pm by TheL »
"Half the reason that I like foreign music is because I can kid myself that "Shake dat ass" is more poetic in Hindi."
--Sanda

Move every 'sig.'  For great justice!

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #273 on: April 17, 2012, 07:58:16 pm »

...how? We know for a fact that people get captured by enemy forces. That's how war works.
There are rumors that the North Vietnamese government turned some American POWs over to the Soviet Union and they were never seen again. There are also rumors that the North Vietnamese government didn't return all living American POWs.

As for the validity of the rumors, I have no idea.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Official Mosin Nagant Fanboy, Crazy, and Lord of Androgynes
  • Kakarot
  • Twin to shy, lover of weapons, pagan, wolf-brother
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #274 on: April 17, 2012, 08:33:08 pm »
And this pertains to my bumper sticker, which I plainly said was because I knew POWs, how?

&
"The human race. Greatest monsters of them all."
"Ke barjurir gar'ade, jagyc'ade kot'la a dalyc'ade kotla'shya."
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline SimSim

• Lover of Good Beer and Bad Movies
  • The Beast
  • I have a cunning plan
« Reply #275 on: April 17, 2012, 08:51:55 pm »
Thread drift.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2012, 08:53:40 pm by SimSim »

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #276 on: April 17, 2012, 09:20:11 pm »
And this pertains to my bumper sticker, which I plainly said was because I knew POWs, how?

He's probably a conspiracy theorist.

The party's name is the Democratic Party. It has been since 1830. Please spell correctly.

"The party must go wholly one way or wholly the other. It cannot face in both directions at the same time."
-FDR

Offline Thejebusfire

• Holy Smoke! A Proper Southern Lady!
  • The Beast
« Reply #277 on: April 17, 2012, 10:04:12 pm »

Not a protest sign, but Tyson chicken for $2? I don't think Wal Mart's prices are that low.

Offline ironbite

• Overlord of all that is good in Iacon City
  • Kakarot
  • Stuck in the middle with you.
« Reply #278 on: April 17, 2012, 10:09:36 pm »
They're not.

Ironbite-anywhere.

Offline Witchyjoshy

• SHITLORD THUNDERBASTARD!!
  • Kakarot
  • Thinks he's a bard
« Reply #279 on: April 17, 2012, 10:10:37 pm »
It's like these people think there are 36 hours in the day of someone who's poor.

When you're finished working two jobs, sometimes you don't have TIME to cook up a nice healthy meal... sometimes, you need a pre-cooked meal made by someone other than yourself.

Not to mention the energy needed.
Mockery of ideas you don't comprehend or understand is the surest mark of unintelligence.

Even the worst union is better than the best Walmart.

Caladur's Active Character Sheet

Offline MadCatTLX

• The Beast
« Reply #280 on: April 17, 2012, 10:18:47 pm »
It's like these people think there are 36 hours in the day of someone who's poor.

When you're finished working two jobs, sometimes you don't have TIME to cook up a nice healthy meal... sometimes, you need a pre-cooked meal made by someone other than yourself.

Not to mention the energy needed.

Well they should have thought about that before getting two jobs now shouldn't they? /1%
History is full of maniacs, my friend, men and women of intelect, highly perceptive individuals, who's brilliant minds know neither restraint nor taboo. Such notions are the devils we must slay for the edification of pony-kind. Even if said edification means violating the rules of decency, society, and rightousness itself.
                                                                                                                                                             -Twilight Sparkle, MAGIC.mov

Offline Quasirodent

• Pope
  • You knew it in your heart all along.
« Reply #281 on: April 18, 2012, 12:37:32 am »
Where do these people shop!?
Here?
Chicken breasts (boneless/skinless) averages around $6/lb.
3 litres (.79 gallon) of milk - $5
10 lbs potatoes - $8
1 lb of peaches - $2-5 (seasonal)
1 lb ground beef - $4
2 lbs frozen peas - $3
8 ears of corn - $3-6 (seasonal)
Big tub of yogurt - $5
Can of oats - $4
1 lb kidney beans - $3

Total is roughly $45
Jesus had two dads and he turned out okay.

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #282 on: April 18, 2012, 02:41:37 am »

I was talking to you both, dingbat.

&
Fucking Dalek twats I’m going to twat you over the head with my fucking TARDIS you fucking fucks!

Offline Lt. Fred

• The Beast
« Reply #283 on: April 18, 2012, 03:19:46 am »

I was talking to you both, dingbat.

The POW/MIA think is largely a conspiracy theory sticker. So putting it on your car might give the wrong impression. Two American soldiers are currently POWs.

-FDR

Offline Shane for Wax

• Kakarot
    • Game Podunk
« Reply #284 on: April 18, 2012, 05:47:42 am »
Is that so?

That's the exact ribbon I have on my car. I see nothing conspiracy theory-y about it... And I've had it on my car for who knows how long.

But of course, I'm not really 'up' on my conspiracies anymore these days.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2012, 05:49:39 am by Commander Shepard »

&